1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next male class

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Rednoft, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Sevyrn

I feel like striker kinda fills that monk/fist user class niche already. I'd love to see like a male ranger/sorc/dk, or even a new class like a gunslinger, necromancer, a 2h axe class (call it a blacksmith or mastersmith please), an assassin that uses Katars, you could even do a holy magic based class and call it an Arc Bishop or Priest, a male valk(Paladin maybe?)

If you can't tell already, I played a lot of Ragnarok Online in my past.

2. Ulsey

A female Giant with chest hairs, throwing axe and slap unawakened, and a huge warhammer awakened. A manly female class.

But i wont play it. It's just for the whiny "not a female class again" people be in a awkward situation.

deiii, Grehm, Tokigare and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sevyrn

Oddly enough and joke aside, the idea of throwing axes and a huge warhammer for awakening is actually a really interesting one, along with a burly woman class. Maybe...throwing axe/tomahawk mainhand that boomerangs back to you, Trinket(tamer offhands), and a warhammer for awakening?

Grehm likes this.
  4. Rednoft

I quit my life if this type of a class gets released.

Attached Files:

Sevyrn likes this.
  5. Rykoth

I will give BDO all my money if the next class is a second giant.

Sevyrn and Rednoft like this.
  6. Sevyrn

If there's one thing this game has done right about its classes, it's making them pretty unique. Look at some of the stuff we have now. DK's floating dual swords/2hander at the same time using creation magic, Kuno's giant chakram, zerker's arm cannon, Lahn's strange mainhand, etc. I do have high hopes for more.

It works with the lore too, but they don't seem to care too much about that.

7. Jormie

They could make a shaman type class for the male counterpart to the Sorc.
    Warlock type for the counterpart to Tamer.
    Pirate/pistoleer type for counterpart to Ranger.
    Amazon type for counterpart to Giant.

Or something like that. Would REALLY like them to release a counterpart to Sorc so she would be guaranteed some buff loving.

Jorm

deiii likes this.
  8. Captain TinFoil

Pre-awakening - Dual Swords - Combat

Awakening Weapon - Arcane Bow

Pre-Awakening Specialized Ice Magic - Mix of all ranges Melee/Mid/Long

Awakening Specialized Fire Magic - Melee/Mid Range

Awakening Weapon - Magma spear

Martial arts user infused with Dark Magic and Electricity Manipulation

Pre-Awakening Combination of Dark Magic and Electricity Magic - Combination of Sorceress with martial arts of Mystic/Striker (Along those lines)

Awakening Combination of Dark Magic and Electricity

Awakening Weapon - Sword Whip / Chain Whip

#28 Captain TinFoil, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    deiii and Eyes of Cimeies like this.
  9. CommonJJM

I would play a Dwarf with a hammer.

....long as it is OP ;D

DiscordOfSound likes this.
  10. Capitaine Courage

A Dwarf.

Main hand : shingle haxe or hammer in main hand with shield in off hand, or double edged axe or hammer.

Awakening : a warmech inspired by the relics of technology left by the ancients (since there are links in the lore between dwarves, giants and ancients)

[​IMG]

11. PandoraRose

Male Necromancer, please.
    Or as others have said, Gunslinger.

deiii, Tvvin, Sizer and 3 others like this.
  12. Dalenos

>_>

[​IMG]

Male skimpy class in bdo in a korean mmo o.O maybe this will make the female player base come out of the wood work >.>

13. Ulsey

There's lot of options. I dont think that gender is a point in gameplay coherence perspectiv.
    The gender concern only the lore and the marketting, trying to answer to the the largest scale of player's taste.

The Lahn bring a ranged grab (that's could potentially be a rude counter to striker/mystic, war, valk), self healing, aoe, and fast and long dash.
    I dont know if the damage are good or accuracy dependant or AP dependant... But in KR it seems to be a low tier pvp class. The pendulum inspired by the nine-sections chain chinese martial art is most female than male in the wuxia representation, cause the wielding of this weapon is graceful and esthetic. Most of the time, male hero are represented with more brutal skills. (that's stupid i know, wowen can be surprisingly very brutal to, and that can be sexy).

The question we could ask is what could probably complete the gameplay ? What will bring the next new class to the game ?

A heavyly armored dude (or chik whatever) with a two handed morningstar unawakened, and with dual wielding shield awakened, who can charge from far way with a big push back, to dislocate warbands.
    He could throw his shields (like that old nintendo hero game Rygar).

The gunner pirate type would have been fancy, but if we are honest, guns at the state of science in the world of BDO are low and uneffecient tech compared to magic. Maybe a dwarf class throwing higly inflamable potion/trap to control the ground and a one handed axe unawakened with some long cd jumps to use the trapped ground to its advantage. And a strange magic riflegun awakened, not great mobility but difficult to approach.

And i think that we need need a melee class who could heal close ally, when he is dealing damage. Could be a dual wielding tonfa-blade fighter or a "duellist" with a rapier (even if it will be a bit weird comparing to history period inspiration), dunno.

Metamorphosis is not used yet, like an awakening which transform the character in a monster (usually a werewolf, but a were-something else could be original, like a frog - lol - or a draconic human form) giving claws smash or whatever. The princip of the shawan/druid could comply, with a totemic awakened weapon. Even the possibility of multi-form depending of the attack/capacity.

Maybe it would be a bit too much?

A Fan could do it to, Trident, Tetsubo, Naginata, tri-section shaolin staff... The're a lot of possible weapon and capacity useful in pve/pvp/pvpve/big scale pvp.

Sorry for the bad english, not my native.

#33 Ulsey, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  14. Vamathi

Vamathi Macabre 61 EU

Actually we would propably stick with the wood. :)

Dalenos likes this.
  15. Dalenos

lmao

[​IMG]

Sevyrn, Ulsey and Vamathi like this.
  16. Eyes of Cimeies

Oh God. Please yes. Male sorcerer/warlock class w/ dual wielding awakening.

17. Eyes of Cimeies

I can also stand behind any of these ideas.

18. Mystry

Maybe the fact that 75% of the playerbase have a female character is because the only male classes that are good are warrior and striker, and even then striker is COMPLETELY overshadowed by mystic in every way.

19. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

Next class will be Futa MUHAHAHA

20. Kogiri

Honestly we don't need any more classes right now. They should improve many other things first.