1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice event

Discussion in 'PvP' started by SuzyIdle, Jul 25, 2018.

1. SuzyIdle

F balance, lets give everyone softcap for a week ,that will make game less trash....
    the hell is going on in these devs head? this is some next level type dumb ****

DanksRippin likes this.
  2. Columba

Lol. Afraid of even fights? Only a week!

Tjaranis likes this.
  3. Boojangles

Even fights? Ninjas? Hello?

4. 6footgeeks

well. People DID want equalised pvp

Tjaranis, Columba and MarsKiller like this.
  5. Tjaranis

semi equalized pvp, why would you not want this?
    it actually allows everyone lvl 60 to fight at a semi-equal stats setup, making it your RL skill and tactics that counts most.

i haven't felt it was this fair and engaging in pvp since +15 cap.

I would love if they made such a set permanently available at minimum for RBF or arena pvp, as fighting semi-equal geared opponents is so much more fun.

BTW: witch here, not a ninja.
    DO want, not just did. we still want equalized pvp, preferably with stuff like arena competitive pvp, capture flag, hold points or siege type scenarios ;)

6. SuzyIdle

you missed the point ,just feel like they could focus on actual balance and not troll whole game for a week

7. Tjaranis

realise that them doing this means they will now have REAL data about the balance stated of the classes and the game after this week, because the vast majority of the heavy pvp'ing will be done at pretty close to equal stats and therefore show the balance for the dev much better than any theory crafting ever could.

imho this is the best move they could do both for the balancing of the game, as they need data to know where to tweak and change (believing this can be done through basic forum reading and theory crafting is very far removed from the truth of how balancing is done).
    as well as allowing players to actually feel how it is when it is semi-equal, feel the difference and get a tasted for what they want to obtain (or what they think the game should/shouldn't feel like).

i cannot see how this move is a bad one from them?

8. SuzyIdle

what if they had a test server for that, oh wait, also how demotivating for the people when they turn back into a pumpkin in a week

9. Tjaranis

then they wouldn't get test data over a large scale of players and of a large variaty of skill lvls and playstyle.

i would say it is more demotivating to generally meet people who 1 shot you and which you do 20% dmg to max, as well as never be able to test your ability vs. top geared players.
    the only downside i can see is that players who are softcap+ might feel it isn't as fun because they are now feeling how bad they actually are at the game and that they enjoyed it vastly more when stats made them so powerful they felt pro.
    or if you just like rolfstomping people for whatever reason you can come up with.

but no matter how you turn it, this seems like a positive for the vast majority of the playerbase, and personally i would wish this would just be a given set for pvp in general (drop the ridiculess extreme grind before proper pvp can be accessed).
    but i am also a pvp'er and i heavily dislike the amount of time it takes to gear and especially the loss of progression you suffer... i just want to PvP against good players and have fun honing my skills instead of the unbalanced BS we have had and will have in a week again :/

edit:
    and it will garanteed make me play more this week than i have in a very long time (if not for the heatwave making our apartment 30+degrees :/

10. iller

Well I didn't... I just wanted that stupid ****ing Renown Bonus AP **** turned off during NodeWars.
    I could honestly give a crap less how many times some Siege player 1-shots everyone else at Nagas, I don't "Do" grind spots

I just want Node war clashes to resemble real MMO battles where half my Enemies and half my Allies aren't being instantly Vaporized all the time whenever they don't have a P.A. on them. I want to enjoy the fight, see some back and forth struggle happening, not just miss most of it b/c I blinked

#10 iller, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  11. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

i agree they should balance stuff but they wouldn't do it even if they didnt add this event

i dont really mind people getting free softcap even permanently at this point tbh, the game is empty without it compared to what it was before

rather have more people to kill or smt

Mesuka likes this.