1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja needs a nerf

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by easay9, Jul 6, 2019.

1. easay9

easay9 Easayfam Lahn 61 NA

Im tired of people defending this classes damage output!

when you need 150AP in a single skill to half health a 300DP target there is a problem.......

Ive been testing it myself on a trial character because in wars my guilds struggling to deal with the class and there is no real counter to it outside of landing a CC which is difficult when they desync out of it all the time.

like 200AP and just evasion DP after that on a ninja is insanely broken scaling wise.

Im not complaining just to complain......

ninja is basically a mobile wiz/witch with his current damage output and scaling the difference is wiz witch is an easy grab to counter them ninja just keeps moving and Iframing it all.

serpent ascension and shadow stomp are both hitting way to hard at lower AP levels there is no denying this.

Like old ninja to new ninja old ninja took skill and timing new ninja is just a cookie cutter class.

#1 easay9, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  2. moys510

everyone likes to complain nerf this nerf that get gear and get good son

3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

OP trying to say ninja doing way to much damage with crap gear and you saying get that crap gear. Are you playing game ? Ninja actually do way to much damage with way to low gear.

Sturmflut666, DarkGG and easay9 like this.
  4. DarkGG

Yeah ninjas are still way to much damage output. Like i get it its an assassin style class, but on top of its massive dmg output you can run 150ap and stack evasion and be almost unkillable while still killing everyone with very little effort.

5. Khruk

Have you played a ninja? It's like playing twister on your keyboard with your fingers. Give a good ninja kudos for a job well done. It's not for everyone.

6. easay9

And that brings up another point other assassin style classes need far more AP to do the same thing

Lahn, Kuno, Musa, Mehwa, sorc , DK all need far more gear in comparison to ninja.

And I do not think buffing these classes is the fix because this is clearly a scaling issue on ninja.

7. easay9

my brother used to play him I have tried him on a trial character with him showing me the combos

skill or not his damage output is broken for the AP levels.

That is like saying all the other assassins in the game take no skill in comparison to ninja which is simply false!

8. Khruk

Ninja is very combo heavy. It takes quite a bit of skill to chain everything together while at the same time reacting to other players around it. At one time you could just pop in a group and aoe them all down in 1 hit, but those days are gone.

9. BboydD

Problem isn't ninja's damages, it's an assasin class, problem are his iframes that give him survivability. (Same with other iframe classes) in a game where a cc=death iframes chains are broken. Be able to deal a lot of damage and go away the fight that's OP. Plus ninja can play hybrid build with evasion, have iframes, and still be able to one combo easily

Akantorian likes this.
  10. Neiuso

Neiuso Nytebane Ninja 62 NA

Nice exaggeration.

Desyncing out of CC is not unique to Ninja.

200 AP isn't nearly enough to kill actual geared opponents, but I agree that evasion on Ninja is too strong. It's always been too strong.

A Witch stacking grab resist is not countered by grabs. That's a death wish. The best way to grab a Ninja is by waiting for him to use Katana Shower - that's literally a free grab.

There is some merit to this. Giving Ninja more linear scaling rather than getting insane damage in the 220-softcap AP range would be better imo.

I'm assuming by this you mean before the CC changes and Forward Guard/Super Armor/Stamina changes, Ninja took more skill and timing. I agree with this. Nowadays, Ninja's skill cap is still moderately high, but its skill floor is much lower.

The only real advice I can give you and your guild is not grouping up too tightly when you know a geared Ninja is on the enemy side, and call out when he exits stealth to grab him while he's stuck in the animation of Katana Shower, or CC him from the side or behind when he uses Serpent Ascension. Breaking his block meter also removes a lot of his protected movement since C swap and transition dancing relies on forward guard to stay protected. Archers that can maintain a good distance are also great for knocking Ninjas out of stealth or CCing them when they try to burst just after Murderous Intent.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  11. easay9

Let me restate some of what I said then My guild focuses on T1 node wars so DP is limited same with AP

1. I will supply a clip of 175AP + food buff /villa vs the same targets 300DP
    it hits stupid hard for this AP

2. yes I know they stack it thats why I also counter it with 1 gem in the offhand for an aditional 10% counter to grab I lose some damage oh well difference is saving teammates or not. So to me its worth running

3. good to see you also agree with this because the damage output is insane on both these skills at lower AP

4. The problem is when facing multiple at 1 time and even 1 extremly good one which given how strong the class is right now is practically impossible to counter. We do group we do cordinate The issue is the ammount of damage this class is doing in comparison to everything else in the fight. Also only focusing a ninja when you have wiz/witches , mystics, strikers you name it also on one of your members and you try to cc them to get them off and then the ninja just comes and 1 shots the people trying to help that person is just dumb. no other class is 1 shoting like that at 250AP against 300DP targets.

#11 easay9, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  12. easay9

Here is a gif and gear for the classes within.

Ninja's scaling on serpent ascension needs a nerf at the very least

https://gph.is/g/E00P3GX

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Neiuso

Neiuso Nytebane Ninja 62 NA

So 25 more AP than your original statement, plus Transitional Serpent to half health a 290-300 DP opponent. Transitional Serpent won't be used 99% of the time because it's just not practical to take the time to swap to transition stance for the extra damage due to the float being buggy when another CC was already applied or running the risk of your opponent desyncing out of your stiff before you can apply the float.

Just to be clear, I agree with the overall premise that the damage is high. I just wanted to call out certain statements that I do not think are true.

14. Nycroyse

Nerf your brain dude. Ninja is hard to play, yes he has a lot of iframes but try chain everything together. Faster you will break your keyboard. He need pve buffs but pvp is okay. Also what are we talking about? Who is looking on dp meanwhile there is no good class balances, if you play good you can one combo 400dp. But kakao have no idea how to deal with balance since they dont play game

15. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Ninja is fine learn your own class mechanics , if you prioritise ap over dp and getting deleted then thats you own fault as well and at lower levels ap witch/wiz striker do just as stupid amounts of dmg.

Tvvin and Chaos Ronin like this.
  16. easay9

they are also stationary doing so ninja is not!

17. easay9

Ya I will agree my AP was off couldve swore thats what I tested it at . but even still 175 AP for that damage is broken
    not to mention other skills were quartering hp bars at this AP so when you stack the skills it takes roughly 3 skills to kill a 300DP target at 175 AP
    No other class can do this at this low of AP except maybe wiz/witch and as someone else mentioned striker. The difference is striker is stationary when attacking so is wiz/witch making them easy to counter. Ninja is far more mobile and has iframes as well.

and again im not talking about high gear at higher gear they may be balanced but at lower gear levels this is rediculous and keep in mind if the class uses their AP buff things hits even harder.

18. KrimsonSky

KrimsonSky Ninja 62 NA

show me a video where a ninja with 150ap can half health any class with 300dp in a singlr skill. stop spouting nonsense son. Mostlikely the ninja that killed you was doing circles around you to woop ya. Kudos to that ninja

Bladester-James likes this.
  19. KrimsonSky

KrimsonSky Ninja 62 NA

20. KrimsonSky

KrimsonSky Ninja 62 NA

Serpent is stationary...
    Shadowstomp is unprotected so if you are skilled enough you can actually bait it...

Tvvin likes this.