1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja needs a nerf

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by easay9, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Dersidius

Not sure why you're gonna complain about that :P Lord knows the amount of grab resistances witches get for free is enough to keep you safe anyways.

2. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

u know there is a 60% cap for PVP. and if any ninja run some ignore resis gems -30% they have a 70% chance to hit me. even when i have 100% grab resistance during buff

3. Dersidius

Uh..... Cry more?

Feels great to have to skillfully evade all the witch CC, then land the grab when they're being greedy, only to die because RNG fail?

Yea get outta here, no one's gonna care about that argument lmao.

#543 Dersidius, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Warshade Z likes this.
  4. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Max resistance-resist penetration=final resistance<60.
    4 years knowledge...

Dersidius likes this.
  5. WaifuJanna

wrong, big andshiny tested this.

6. Dersidius

It doesn't matter who is right. The fact that it's greater then 0% on a successful hit, when failure means the aggressor dies is a joke. Keep digging a deeper hole for your Skill-Based class.

Also, if you're going to go through the trouble of quothing the bigandshiny, you should probably provide a reference link to the test.

Every dumbass under the sun quotes him nowadays, and it's starting to mean nothing without the actual link.

7. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Cant find the test can you link me please?

8. Dersidius

Lmao, Radio..silence.

9. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Are you going to be irrelevant once again?!

10. WaifuJanna

11. Dersidius

12. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

13. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

That's not how it works. Resistance does cap at 60%, but it either works one of two ways:

1. There's one universal resist roll that both stats effect, causing resist ignores to begin counting down from wherever your resist stat is. So if you have 100% grapple resist and your opponent has 50% ignore grapple resist, your new resistance chance is 50%.

2. There's two different rolls that are performed. One roll for resist, and one roll for ignore resist. If resist succeeds, but ignore doesn't, you resist the cc. If resist fails or ignore succeeds, you don't resist the cc.

I'm leaning more towards the second since from my experience, having the same amount of ignore resist as their resist has never given me a perfect cc chance. I'll always miss one or two here or there. But that could have been from how evasion used to affect CC chance. There might even be additional rolls for each cc type. So say you have ignore resist and ignore grapple resist, ignore could be rolled separately for each one, which could be another reason why nullifying resistance seems to be so weird.

14. Dersidius

Wasted breath, that witch is only a forum warrior and doesn't actually care about in-game content anyways.

15. Spartakatz

that's also a way to say "i actually have no idea how it works".

16. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Until a couple years ago, 99% of the playerbase didn't know how DP actually worked or that hidden stats existed. That's what happens when developers obfuscate crucial information to the players, hide other things, and won't tell us anything. Hell, the game doesn't even explain anywhere that durability loss is determined by an rng roll on an action tick.

Everything we know about accuracy and evasion rates, human damage, etc, is all because someone took the time to test things very thoroughly and math it out.

But no, it doesn't mean I have no idea how it works. It means I don't have the time or desire to go as far as bigandshiny with my tests nor the time to reattempt any testing now that evasion supposedly no longer effects cc chance. Side note: I also felt like evasion affected resistance chance, but I didn't want to jump down that rabbit hole at the time. That got confirmed super hard in 2018. Feelsbadman.

Anyway, when I did my testing, I found that resistances never zeroed out, but that could be due to evasion at the time. I also found out that running resistances past 60% does actually work in cases that your enemies run ignore resist. I found that running >60% resistance would result in more resists than running 60% against 30% ignore resist, and even more as you increased your resist until you hit above 90%, which would average out to be the same as 90%, more or less.

17. Dersidius

If only they gave us the number damage floaters from the test server, then allow the floaters to be parsed out to a combat tracker.. like ACT. Could min-max the crap outta everything at that point.

18. peanut777

ninja doesn't need resist, it simply kills the enemy