1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja needs a nerf

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by easay9, Jul 6, 2019.

1. KrimsonSky

KrimsonSky Ninja 62 NA

First you say that a 150ap ninja can melt 300dp. Then you change it to 180ap ninja. Now a 229ap? bro make up your mind. You said it yourself, lahn is easier to pick up. If both were new to the game, lahn would have the advantage due to larger aoe cc, more lingering super armors, better grab reach, and better flows. Most good ninjas out there have been playing the class for years and know their class that's why you run into many good ones. I see many other classes that have no trouble fighting off ninjas specially good lahns. Clearly is not the class and it is the player(you) who is at fault. Lahn burst dmg is not bad... At all

SlXX, IWalkAlone and Crimson_Scarlet like this.
  2. easay9

150AP was bad memory 180AP was the fix

229 AP is something someone else said and said they struggled against past soft cap DP players as they should.

again I am saying at lower gear levels ninja needs to be looked at basically how he scales at lower AP thats it nothing is changeing about higher geared ninja at all. just simply line up ninja so hes not doing this kind of damage till roughly 220AP which is where all the other assassins come online well besides the few that are past that but those are the ones that need love from the devs

Once again I admit to lahn being a easy pick up and play class I never said it wasnt nor did I say her damage was bad

what I did say was the other assassins need 220AP minimal to 1 combo 300DP targets including lahn and the fact ninja can basically hit just as hard at lower AP levels just needs to be tweaked to be in line thats all. This isnt a hard nerf what so ever if you already know how to play ninja. And I am not against buffing your guys PVE as I tried it out god the fact you guys level at all through that grind is a miracle.

#42 easay9, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  3. IWalkAlone

I made some trial chars to test them in RBF and result is this : top to bottom - ranger, DK, archer, lahn, warrior, ninja, kuno, valk.
    But yeaa ninja is the most OP clas in history of games....

4. easay9

jeez you do not listen at all I never said he was OP directly if I did it was directed towards certain skills.

Im simply saying hes scaling before the other assassins and that should be tweaked. thats not even a huge nerf to anyone that knows how to play him on top of that as I just stated above I am not against buffing their PVE as it is AIDS and when theres so much grinding in this game that needs to get fixed!

Also RBF testing soft cap classes does not prove any of the points when litterally im talking about lower AP levels vs soft cap DP and RBF fights are usually against a mix of soft cap and 320+ DP players plus evasion memes so...........

5. IWalkAlone

Yes, I know, but from months people scream how ninja is Op, not seeng the most of the cases problems is in them.What I mean ninja is op mostly because evasion in world of AP builds with no DP and no acc.In that note ninja is not the only class that needs nerf, or telling me that 329 dp kuno is normal to die from one skill mussa ?
    Again ninja needs some fixes in dmg but there are other classes too.

6. Rügenwalder Pommersche

the problem with ninja - in my opinion - is not the dmg, its totally ok, the issue is the kit of ninja and the state of evasion.
    Like it was said from others arldy evasion has no real downsides since he needs less ap to be effective - which is cos of his kit

a good ninja is super cancer to play against - how it should be considering how bad they are at pretty much everything else
    but here comes the issue - if a class is supposed to win the majority of 1vs1 fights it just doesnt feel good to play against it.

i would love some small pvp nerfs for straight up pve buffs - since i dont play ninja i cant really give a valuable opinion about this

but in the end - like i said - ninja is in a good pvp spot but there is no need for nerfs if they dont buff his weaker sides

7. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ty for ur testing

ye man like i said - i totally get why ppl complain about ninja - but thats a really emotional way to look at it and the facts do not support it

rather nerf evasion stacking instead of screwing up the only thing ninja was good at

IWalkAlone likes this.
  8. HardLog

May as well throw my hat in this ring. Playing ninja, on a 58 with 160 ap, and a tri yuria, have I 1 comboed 500 gs players at level 60 before? Yes. Simple fact, it has happen. In the same breath though, I have done full combos on people that have the same gs, and barely even touch them. (Not even 1/5th the hp bar.) In same way it varies a lot from class to class, for instance, mystics, I have never managed to 1 combo a mystic that is in the 500 gs range, same with witchards. Well it is a mix with other classes to if I can 1 combo them out, it honestly varies from build to build. That being said, you seem to complain a lot about ninja's damage and how other "assassin" classes just don't compete. Though the only other assassin class I knew of what kuno, who plays vastly different than ninja, you seem to have lumped in a lot of other classes as "assassins", so allow me to ask,

Where is ninja's iframes like sorc? I often see people say ninja is close to or just as bad as sorc when it comes to iframes, but I have yet to see anyone demonstrate this. Could you?

Where is ninja's massive aoe size like kuno? (Relatively speaking.)

Where is ninja's dashes like musa, mehwa, and protected ccs? (Such as foul play, which seems to do even more damage than serpant.)

Where is ninja's ability to fly away like a lahn does when they need to back off?

Where is ninja's ability to range nuke and ground spike someone's entire health bar off well protected like DK?

I mean, it is almost like the classes have various strengths and weaknesses, the degree of balance is up for debate, but none the less, classes to some degree are strong in some areas, and weak in others, with perhaps the only exception being witchards, who are rather strong everywhere.

Also let's say ninja's damage gets a massive nerf like you want, tell me, what is ninja's strength then? AoEs? Limited iframes? Damage still? SA/FG? Stealth?

Aside from AoE, all of these have been nerfed over and over again, with AoE, already being pitiful, being spared, for now. Honestly, with the changes they have made to ninja, damage is the only thing the class really has going for it, and as someone already mentioned and has been known for the longest time, all of ninja's damage is tied to attack modifiers, if those don't land, ninja's damage is a joke. Have you ever seen how little damage serpant does even in trans stance if it fails to float? I can give you a hint, the vast majority of damage is in those modifiers.

9. Whineseeker

God, evrytime the same qq’s...
    Ninja is ONLY good in 1vs1, cus it’s the fastest (hardest) dps. If you get one enemy and begin your combo and another enemy comes, you must run away. Sure, if you got 260 ap and 340 dp it’s a different story.
    You say that a 180 ap ninja can onecombo softcap players...
    Go try a trial ninja in rbf, get a shot of what it feels to play a ninja.
    You get WRECKED if you don’t play smart.
    You just can’t kill anyone if they are not isolated or tou are not helping an already figthing ally.

Meanwhile archers kill people with autoattack...what are we talking about???

Ninja is the most high risk high reward class. There are a lot of assassins class but ninja is the first on the list: very high dmg and no survivability at all.

Xenon, Nycroyse and IWalkAlone like this.
  10. Exaah

haha

RIPTOR, TheYoda and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  11. Whineseeker

Ridi su sto cazzo :)

12. easay9

"Also let's say ninja's damage gets a massive nerf like you want, tell me, what is ninja's strength then? AoEs? Limited iframes? Damage still? SA/FG? Stealth?"

massive nerf his late game is going to be basically uneffected its his 180-200AP early game that is hitting harder then the other assassins at the same AP . Its not a major nerf at all.

I agree yes evasion is also an issue but this is not only a ninja thing.

13. HardLog

Yes, at the moment evasion can be a bit OP, but as you say, it does not only apply to ninja. At least, late game eva is a bit broken due to the free dr you get. (For those that don't know, as your dp goes up you get free dr, so by stacking tons of eva, those with high ap can't really hit you and those who stack acc can't really damage you due to all the free dr you get.)

As for ninja early game, I fail to see the issue. Ninja kills you with high damage, and dies just as easy. As others point out, ninja only excels in 1 v 1, anything beyond that and ninja's combos can easily be a death sentence. In node wars I have been doing and playing a nin, I have been forced to be a front line fighter, and I can't combo anyone when there is more than one person there. If I try to combo, I will get cc and killed in seconds, to do this group content, I have to quit literally, hit one person with a skill, then hit another person with another, and keep switching targets, hoping to get a situation where I can get a few more skills off.

That being said though, as I said before ninja dies with little issue once you cc once. How would you feel knowing I have been 2 skilled by 150 ap witches? Killed in one skill by a 200 ap eva tamer? The list can go on to what low ap people have killed me in a combo. Sure, ninja has high damage, by it has little survivability unless you go all in for eva, which only starts to become effective once you are going late game with it, in theory anyways. As it has become common for new players to go hell or high water ap, even when that ap is sub 200, and will get zero accuracy. (Literally more ap than accuracy.) Though such a simple issue is one accuracy offhand, or two RCE away from being fixed.

14. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

...stop it lol
    I can go through your list of skills with hp regens and a mini Light house Ashura.
    You're funny.

15. Whineseeker

yeah, who cares about FG and SA...

16. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Oh I thought this thread got deleted. I kept getting Server errors on my PC . Also for people who cant identify if my post are tilted or not in this post. This post is not tilted. Anyways :

You're trolling meh - Right?

That's very relevant. Whats Ascension's damage if you're cced ? You cant just throw out unprotected skills and not die. Literally knowing when to use unprotected abilities successfully is high risk for reward

Are you telling me skills like Purge (Super Armor + Float) For Lahn is more high risk than unprotected Ascension? I'm sure you would love that to be much faster while maintain her grab range huh? lol

That wont happen without people wanting her nerfed incase you do. Happened with Ninja's blade spin blade (super armor + float). Its just Super armor now.

This is a gear based game.Should always be chasing gear. You don't see siege guilds asking for softcap Ninjas because they're so powerful. Actually Ninjas isn't even in demand for sieges nor consider the best class in large scale. Neither is Lahn. They both have great small scale though.

Bro.Maehwa's (I spoke with) want more protection for large scale and less stam on chase btw. I think previously 50 > current 100 > buff wanted to 75.

Again i'm not saying nerf Lahn. But I am stating the truth. She has her own strengths like every class.

Just go fish for grabs. Its literally her strongest CC tool. If that fails run away and play defensive until its up. Lahn is very slippery.

Lahn's full iframe Phantom Dance (sa on cooldown 1sec) is outright superior to Ninja's partial iframe(mostly sa, hard cooldown 1sec) on Ghost Step and far easier by leagues at that point with Annihilator awakening buff. Lahn is also scales well with Evasion. Having a 12% evasion buff from primsonrose step iframe. Just get the gear for T2 guilds. I also seen some Ninja players in korea reroll lahn after we loss sa grab + blade spin blade float.

No offense but - With all that being said - This thread is pointless. I dont see a need to continue posting. Please stop the non-sense in this thread, and just leave.

Yea, but are you really going to complain about a 200HP pve heal, and our slow seamless heal? and a mini light house every 3 minutes instead of casters 30secs or berserkers 3 heals? I will trade you for your ulti in that case for our heal lmao

17. easay9

"You're trolling meh - Right?

That's very relevant. Whats Ascension's damage if you're cced ? "

Still rediculously high damage

not all of lahns skills are protected either bridled despair is not protected and its one of her harder hitting skills same with deadly dance same with flow mangler.

you do not need protection on skills to make them effective.

protection on Ascensions damage is not relevant

18. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Oh... the uninformed people crying about ninja.
    Seriously, nothing every changes.
    Just make a change.org petition to get ninja deleted. As that’s your main goal.

Tvvin likes this.
  19. Metro_Zoldyck

There's no point in even trying to argue with you because you dont even respond to peoples full post you point out 1 thing insult people's intelligence just because they have different view points than you and nitpick at that throughout your entire reply ive made several valid points to counter your argument that you refuse to even acknowledge so youre right im just gonna step away because im obviously talking to someone who wants to remain ignorant ab the subject

Tvvin likes this.
  20. easay9

I mean talking about evasion , talking about protected vs non are not relevant when its not hard to just change stances back and forth and use skills based on situations.

I am not trying to delete ninja literally trying to bring him in line with the other classes. His late game is basically unaffected if the nerf is done right. And everyone saying this would kill the class is just being defensive as a ninja main.

I had quite a few people agree with me before all you ninja mains got but hurt and swoop in.

nerfing his damage at lower APs so he falls more in line with kuno since she is basically the female version is what needs to happen.

someone at 180-200 AP should not be 1 comboing a 300 DP target as easily as ninja is and this is a fact.

They should need gear like everyone else. And right now that is not the case. And denying this just shows your defensive of your class and are not open to changes to it.

Im honestly done arguing at this point as you guys do not listen to what I am saying and try to defend it with XYZ other things that are not relevant when talking about lower AP damage scaling for a class.