1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja needs a nerf

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by easay9, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

In my opinion ninja is pretty balanced. It has high dmg but on the other hand is so hand skilled dependan. Good in low scale or 1v1 but under average in large. Average grinder. As every class it has his strong and weak points.You just need to learn ninja’s skill rotation, and overall know your class and learn to bait/react. I don’t like people complaining about a class that requires a lot of time and effort to play efficiently. Same thing happens with the Sorc. The only thing I could complain about ninja is on his evasion rate, which imo is too high.

Kind regards.

Tvvin likes this.
  2. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

ninja threads and ninja player disgusts the hell out of me

3. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Thank you. Some more reasonable people in this thread. Its like some people want Ninja to be :
    bad in 1v1
    bad in small scale
    Even worse large scale
    Maintaining hand cramping pve just to do ok

Absolutely insane.

Sangzo and Ayowa like this.
  4. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

I feel you mate. Sometimes we need to investigate a little bit more our own class and learn to counter/fight others rather than start a complain. This complaining habit that is flying around BDO community is killing the classes, submitting them to fall in a nerf after nerf and making the game effortless than ever. This situation is sadly dodging the fact of maining and investigate a class to become good or average against any class. I used to be one of the Maehwas complaining about Ninjas, and every class compared to Maehwa generally. 2 years later I realised that the problem wasn’t the class but me. I still main her, there are some times that I win and sometimes that I loose still into my “counters”, BUT I always feel I have chances to win no matter who I play against cause I do know my class enough to take my chances successfully.

Sorry about my long text guys.

Kind regards.

#64 Ayowa, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Nagasaki, Xenon, Tvvin and 1 other person like this.
  5. Exaah

easay9 likes this.
  6. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

The kid previously was talking about survivability.
    In Tamer's eyes, we got the short end of the shortsword since we have not 1 self heal.
    So yes, no matter how "Little" or insignificant a heal might be, You still got one, various ones And we don't.
    #Balance

7. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

if it goes for me i want this class deleted out of the game. but with so many naruto bafgtsrls in the game it wont happen anyways. and i dont see how the poster here wants anything else than balance with the damage reduce.
    even with it ninja is still
    toptier in 1v1
    toptier in smallscale
    and since you cant be bad at largescale if you are superior in the previous. you might as well toptier there.
    only if large scale wouldn't force everyone to do their job and use their brain. instead of yoloing into the zerg still expect to win it.
    and trust me if im telling you. nobody, really nobody in this bloody game cares about pve. just let you guys clear hystria solo if that makes you happy. i dont care. the endgame is pvp and will always be pvp.

8. Exaah

how dare you forget the altar of blood

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

[​IMG]

easay9 likes this.
  10. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Ah don't worry , I enjoyed the read lol Its nice to see more level-headed people with this thought process. I honestly do believe Maehwa will get buffed eventually.

I do know how you feeling though. I've been maining Ninja since he was a meme and some people mocked Ninja for wasting a TET dandie enhancement on Ninja.

Meanwhile llllllllllll (Barcode) Tamers fragging out highest kills in node war with their Tamers ulti and doing good at 1v1 . No matter how bad you make it seem with survivability,there are really successful Tamers.

11. easay9

12. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

In the real world of Black Desert, every class excels in different areas of the game and fall in other places. For example :

Can you explain to me why Witch , Wizard , Archer , Berserker and sometimes Musa are prioritized in large scale by serious guilds if Ninja is so OP everywhere? Its because more experienced players knows about character role. This is why you see a lot of Berserkers asking for large scale nerfs and skirmisher buffs.

That being said - something like a Witch or Wizard should not complain about being less than desirable in 1v1. The developers themselves mentioned your class excelling in that only large scale. I'm pretty sure GM/CMs can see our mains after complain anyways.

13. Artorias_Dusk

I will say it again, there is a "nerf", and it's called Special Evasion. Put the 2 gems in your Dim Tree Armor and get a Garmoths heart.

Tvvin likes this.
  14. Exaah

I didnt bring my class into this conversation, I spoke about a global state of the game, I didnt baby rage because I can't 1v1 well
    archers, ninjas and sorcs are so disconnected, it's hilarious

15. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

And... so did I? I said characters excel at different parts of the game.

16. Bladester-James

So say they nerf things, what could they do that wouldn't kill the class in most forms of play?

On the terms of frontal guard... Removing it from transition stance would kill a lot of our already terribly limited awaken kit. Vacuum is only FG until last hit and doesn't CC. Q block and the counter skill aren't used much by most Ninja. C Swap frontal I think everyone has but Shai right now, but most classes don't have to get good at using it unlike Ninja. Illusion is a FG into iframe if hit, but most use it for down damage. FG on Shadow Stomp slow cast was a strange addition that has little impact. And if anyone complains about the FG on Sura ChaoSpree they may as well be brain dead.

Going on to iframes: Ninja Step probably one of our best movements, could maybe add 1 more second to the CD if it really bothered them. Ghost Step is only half iframe and is not completely spamable, so the only thing I can see is upping the CD by .5 seconds and that might be overkill. Silent Charge may as well just be an unprotected movement. Block Jump is likely our best and more reliable all around iframe but has high CD, removing the stiff would be the more balanced option. They could remove the small middle iframe from Behead since it doesn't matter. Then lasty Ninja awaken grab, which has a long CD to use and is unprotected during the slow wind up/whiff portion now.

Finally there is Super Armors. Blade Spin doesn't float. Katana Shower is only used against non-grab classes, as a finisher, or with the 50% rage because it can't be canceled. Smoke Screen is probably our best SA, and because it is a protected CC I could maybe see them removing the stun despite it being pretty skillful as a counter. Asura SA may as well not be a thing. And then you have Drastic Measure which is SA only during charge, can be held and moved with once, and isn't used that often.

Beyond that, they could alter our bursty moves like I mentioned before and spread that damage to weaker moves. Our mobility is nice but mostly unprotected, and the only reason I think people complain about it and our iframes is because of desync which is a very real issue against any faster class. In the end I think the issue is, is that the game is just too fast for our connections compared to KR and that so much of the game is reliant of FPS. Just finding a way to normalize FPS on skill interactions would be the biggest step forward, but when they tried to start doing that people complained so...

17. RIPTOR

i
    i remember how you say sorc is superultra op for a clip.... a clip absolutly analize step per step by me explaining why she won when the warrior fail so hard 700 times.... but the ninja ah "he just excel in a different part"

anyway i agree with you no sense go to other forums to cry, learn and improve more and more my skills and knowledge instead cry

ah, ninja are fun to play and have tons of combos etc but nope... NOOOOOPE is more hard than a sorc to play and NOOOOPE you dont have less "protections" than a sorc xD

18. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

You're not remembering that correctly.

[​IMG]

This thread asked if DP with sorc can work and I gave them a example.

I also said in another thread Ninja can mess sorc up in that matchup 1V1 (but shes not remotely easy) shes better at grinding / have better iframes. Why are some sorcs complaining about Ninja ? when she does some things better. You can also find me liking this thread about suggesting not to hard nerf Sorc.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/recent-sorc-nerfs-are-foreboding.377693/
    Check the like date of date comment.​

19. RIPTOR

your link end on Mar your picture are from 1 May... i cant see your post to refresh my mind, but anyway, the point ill try to remark on my post is not to you, is about the "cry" and request of nerf instead learn and improve their own knowledge and skills on the LoL next gen comunity; BDO

Tvvin likes this.
  20. Whineseeker

Avoid calling others “kid”, the fact that you write behind a monitor doesn’t give you the right to be rude and ass-hole like that.

In a oneshot game you really think that a slowasshit heal, locked on place, without SA can be a thing in pvp?
    Lol, thanks god deva won’t listen to QQ’ers like you

Xenon and Tvvin like this.