1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja op? How would you fix?

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by Shuriyo, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

Yeah cause you know in your eyes and everyone else playing ninja this https://clips.twitch.tv/SleepyGlutenFreeSkunkBCouch is perfectly balanced and we should just git gud and learn to play against right?

Wollbert likes this.
  2. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

Blame ap scaling not us ninjas :x

IWalkAlone likes this.
  3. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

We all got ap scaling mate but you have to agree there is no way to play around this......

4. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

Thats tr
    Thats why (just my own opinion) ap needs a cap so u only able to deal 80% in 1 full combo against other ap geared people imo pvp is imo complete broken when it comes to balance now that even new accsesoirs are planned this game gets more to an oneshot festival instead of 2-3 shot gear were build around pve content and for pvp its bad optimized ur skills gets over buffed by it and when u have float skills it gets just ridicolous (sry for my vad english i hope u understand what i was trying to say ^^)

5. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

Yeah mate english isn't my native language as well, i do understand what you are saying my main problem atm isn't getting oneshotted from stealth, its the people that play this class that have the audacity to say that what you just saw is balanced, there is no issue there and that other people should git gud and learn to play...

6. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

Dont take these people srs nothing is balanced in this game they just wanna provoke u thats the easest way to get satisfaction in such a toxic community.

TonyJaa likes this.
  7. Tvvin

I actually agree. Who uses pre nerf footage to ask for more nerfs?for all he knows chasing in stealth is impossible. Really ignorant.

8. TonyJaa

TonyJaa Kenobi Ninja 61 EU

Excuse my Greek ladies and gentlemen.

Άν βρείς κάπου post μου που χρησιμοποιώ αυτήν την ηλίθια έκφραση να μου το κάνεις link. Απο εκει και πέρα είναι περιττό να συζητήσω τι είναι ΟP και τι όχι. 'Aμα ψάξω θα βρώ και εγώ βιντεάκια με όλα τα class.

9. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

Kk find me a video of a warrior two shotting 2 above softcap "tanks"....cause you know warrior is tanky right?I mean its clearly obvious from the video we can take a shitload of damage....Noone is hunting you with pitchforks for no apparent reason, the reason is pretty apparent to everyone else apart from some people playing fotm ninja...Dont take it personally at least I know you arent a reroll....

#269 Hayate, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Chaos Ronin likes this.
  10. alexandertg

i happen to be greek as well so i got what you two were talking about and i'll reply in english ofc in order for this to be more comprehensible to the entire community.

first of all id like to say that im a ninja since the class released as well...for what it's worth..i by no means find myself the most skilled out there,but i i certainly have spent the time to get to know my class even when it was considered trash tier.

with all that out of the way lemme give you my opinion on the subject..

regarding the clip you posted...marquis is one of the most geared and skilled ninjas ive crossed paths with..idk his gear score exactly but he is most certainly way above softcap and most of all KNOWS what he is doing..to negate your argument about the dmg..im also at softcap and there have been instances of me fighting ppl with that high ap (musas,zerkers,wizards etc etc) and they could wipe me as fast or me ven faster..point is that it has nothing to do with the dmg capability of the class,rather than the combination of insanely high end gear and how renown score works..whether you fight a ninja or a musa,sorc,or anything of that magnitude the results dmg wise will be similar

the nerf to stealth (even if i never use it) finds me semi-agreeable.as i i think that we certainly shouldnt be able to perma-stealth but also not negate it like that..stealth finally was the thing that let us compete and contribute sth in the large scale pvp scene..it should be tweaked for sure..but idk if such drastic adjustment should take place.i will have to playtest it for sure in order to see if it is justifiable after all..so lets put a pin on that.

grab becoming sa..fine by me as well..seems fair.

now....every other claim about further nerfs to the class is obscene to say the least..the class is fine and ppl need to reevaluate things..

ninja never had proper protection but noone else was losing his sleep over it..we were banned from high caliber siege scene as a leper class cause of said inability to contribute to large scale fights as much as other classes..still no problem for the rest of the community...sure it's fine to be locked out of a big portion of the game just for choosing said class..makes sense...(dont get me started for high end pve as well...gyfin groups exiled most of the ninjas)...still legit in the eyes of the community..then the balance patches come..and we lose a couple of sa's and **** as well..just not as much as other classes...because we literally didnt have much to begin with..what happened was...they took away the cruches of some of the meta classes..they didnt buff us...and then..everybody lost their **** as spoiled brats ...throwing a fit..(that is not targeted at you..i just rant for all those whiners)

imagine two kids...one born rich with all the luxuries..and the other a ****ing hobo in the streets..now imagine taking away the wealths of that rich spoiled kid..and throwing it in the street..now it cries that it is hard to survive..and instead of adjusting and learning to survive as the poor kid in the block..it cries to strip that kid even more of its bear necessities to exist..what?the poor kid can run and work with its hands as he was born into it?chop his limbs clean..that should increase the former rich boy's chance of survival..do people even see the flawed mentality behind all this incessant whining....but alas....ik i will be burnt to the stake and be hunted with pitchforks for saying the truth.ppl dont wanna hear the truth after all.they just wanna hear whatever pleases their ears..entitled..childish mentality....

rant over

11. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

That got dark very quick :O

12. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

thats the only childish and narrowminded bullcrap that goes through ninja/kuno/sorc minds. these classes where never bad. they just avoid to get ripped off with the balance patches so they become top tier. thats it how it is. simple and easy. its rather disgusting how you feel like something better than the rest, coz ur class is somewhat harder to learn.
    they said they want to nerf classes who can stay nearly invincible for to long. guess what they did.
    they kept ur perma stealth, kept sorc almost godmode and musa/mae SA dash. but they nerfed key skills from classes they need to not get instakilled in large scale fights. and stealth class meta is the worst meta in competitive onlinegames existing. im glad to trade it for mystic/Warrior meta every day.
    at least they dont come up with such hypocritical nonesense and admit they are strong for the most part.

13. alexandertg

read again and reply in a calmly manner after dropping down the pitchfork.i said that perma stealth is NOT welcome and that with the nerf ensued just by looking at the numbers it might be completely dead..fine by me...as i dont use it at all.but that doesnt mean that it should be a completely dead skill as many ninjas do use it and it is an integral part to our large scale pvp contribution..NOT permastealth..just stealth as a ninja tool..in order to see how balanced the new stealth will be and how situatuonal its use..proper playtesting is needed..again....i was in favor of adjusting it in the first place as i said in my previous post but you chose to overlook that.i also agreed on the grab change..you overlooked that as well..what i dont agree with is ppl wanting to nerf the class to infinity..strip more protection..remove all our sa's..remove our grabs..cut our dmg in half..and all the "genious" suggestions..why dont you make a petition to erase the class altogether..that might cheer you all up..you also didnt comment on the facts i gave about ninja's state in large scale before..no problems there as i said..now....untouched by the balance patches?as you said..they didnt want ppl being perma invul...so they removed sa's....but how can they remove sth more from our kit when it wasnt there in the first place?nonetheless we lost some protection as well...worst was murderous intent one..want an example again?you have 10 candies...i have 4 candies..they remove 5 candies from you..and 1 from me..as i had less to begin with..you still end up with one more candy and you whine to mama that she took less from me..and i should lose more because you lost 5..and when i mean you..i dont mean YOU you..nor ranger in specific(you cant tell me that for example a mystic who had a gazillion sa's and cc's in every skill available should lose the same number of protection from skills as a ninja would.who had way less..is that balance?)..i just want ppl to think rationally.please read through what i wrote here carefully and address every point i made

14. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

I agree to some extent. Ninjas were pretty bad in largescale. Correct me if im wrong, but it got some qol pve buffs and while still not a great gyfin class is taken if they pull. Secondly, the class is strong and others weak not because people lost sa, and they all suddenly became unable to play cus they are bad. Atleast not everyone. When a class's strength is based on awakening and only awakening is nerfed, it suffers while a class who's strength is based on preawakening thrives. Dk, sorc, ninja mystic striker are good examples. (Tho striker mystic aakening is also pretty strong.) Not to mention, you guys got some pretty solid rabaams compared to some other classes. So the proper analogy wouldn't be what you used but rather that of a sniper or marksman losing their rufle or gun as compared to a martial artist losing a gun.

Wollbert likes this.
  15. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

ve been around since game launched, was here when ninja launched, haven't taken a hiatus ever and for the life of me i cant remember any point in time that ninja was weak. Ninja like sorc has a higher skill cap compared to some other classes but apart from that they always had a good toolkit.

I have seen the complaints of people watching too much Naruto wanting to take on the world with their ninja, decimating the battlefield and having a godlike K/D ratio and then when not delivering coming to the forums saying the class is trash, but i never took them seriously. On the other hand i ve seen ninjas who comprehend the class, its strengths and weaknesses , understand their role in a nodewar is to harass, scout, pick off stranglers and respawns, shut down enemy casters, that do a solid job each time......

I won't go into the PvE part of your posts cause i play a warrior so anyone else's PvE complaints make me laugh......

16. alexandertg

it was never a complaint about the class being weak..in the entirety of my posts i never even ONCE called our class weak..it has always had its shortcomings though which noone seemed to acknowledge..but now that the playing field has been evened out and they took some of your toys..all hell's break loose and we are suddenly gods....and those are facts..so please dont twist my words my friend..about the pve now...again..i did not complain.,man....ive been playing the class for 2 years straight..with no breaks.and i wouldnt have even started playing bdo if it wasnt for a class that appealed to me as much as ninja did..i was honestly waiting for ninja to release before i even started playing bdo..so after these two years..im not complaining about anything..i have managed to find ways to compensate in every aspect of the game and i do just fine..loving the class in every single day since it launched till now..but that doesnt mean that those shortcomings arent there..i just deal with them....

now...i dont know about those ppl "watching naruto and wanting to decimate the battleground"..but i do know a crapton of warriors that thought they were freaking Megatron or wte kids watch these days..moving around in lingering superarmor from block ...tanking anything and everything from a 360 degree angle grabbing and ulting someone to oblivion...thinking "wow....me pro!!"..that shed some tears afterwards...yeah..i know THAT type...

and you also should be ashamed of yourself hayate was a ninja as well..you traitor!kabamaru :P

Fateneko likes this.
  17. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

Warrior lingering SA, even though i do agree was an issue in 1vs1,was the only thing that made the class viable in mass pvp....There is no way to engage or disengage as a warrior now...Sorry but warrior was never tanky, unless you mean in mid range gear of around 480gs then maybe yes....Even before renown score any player with high ap would melt my block in 2 seconds and i was playing with a hybrid build with 317dp. They didn't take away any of my toys,i literally have 1 skill in awakening that is almost covered in sa ( gravedigging) and another one that has sa on startup (slashing the dead) in which when you land you are totally unprotected...Funniest thing ever is that they took SA off burning moxie that is a skill that recovers sp...

Warrior ulti is a joke, really i don't know what you ve been watching, but unless you are hitting under-geared scrubs with 260dp the damage was mediocre and half of the time was getting body blocked, hitting a rock on the ground that was 2 inches from the surface or the elevation was disrupting it making impossible to use it in half the nodewar terrain.....People were screaming warrior OP left and right, funny though i didn't see any of them roll a warrior or switch their main to a warrior, like they did with DK, Striker, Mystic or lately Ninja....i wonder why......I know at least 2 guildies that attempted to roll one and almost got an aneurysm after trying to lvl past 58.....

Either way i ve went miles off topic, my main issue is that the damage out of stealth with the renown system makes the class non counter-able.....

18. alexandertg

we can go back and forth all day with this but in the end.. lingering sa was broken as was perma stealth for us...and for the third time i will state that i agree with making stealth more situational and making it so that we should use it strategically rather than sit in stealth all day waiting for the opportunity to hit..so ..you still have your 360 block..which is a mechanic a "tank" is supposed to have to be more viable and i still have my stealth after the last changes but not able to abuse it ..also i was not saying that you are tanky due to how your dp works but rather that exact perma sa state you could pull off...it wasnt a problem for me as we could bypass that by maneuvering and grabbing ..but tell that to a class that lacked that ability..in the majority of times a high end musa for example against a high end warrior ...when both knew what they were doing..the warrior would have the advantage all day long..you know it..i know it..everyone knows it..

i can also go about how beheading of the dead sa partially works..how i sometimes get cc'd through ghost step or a number of skills that haphazardly work..i believe each and every class has these issues..

talking about sa's in the awakening set..plz do tell me how many we ninjas have and how they work..i'd like to see that

also i know countless ppl that rerolled to warrior before the balance patches came but they were more spread out as warrior had been at that state for the longest of time and wasnt made fotm in one patch..i also know a couple of guys that rerolled to ninja recently and both went back to warrior and zerker respectively after reaching softcap and 61 with their ninja..

again..we can be going all day long with this...so to get back to the topic..after the grab nerf and the nerf to stealth..what more nerfs do you want?

19. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

I said that lingering in 1vs1 was a bit too much, but in large scale was the only thing that made the class viable as a frontliner.....Man yeah we can go at it all day but you know what? The only think that comes to my mind since saturday Balenos is my friend with 353dp 4,8k hp warrior running next to me, ninja pops first hit 80% dmg second hit he bites the dust...but yeah he could counterplay that if he spend the whole nodewar using groundslam 24/7 while moving lel.....

20. LethalAF

Ninja suffered in large scale combat previously. Anyone saying it didn't is not very knowledgeable on the subject. The overall lack of SA and AOE comparable to other classes was a glaring weakness. It's not a coincidence that higher end guilds essentially had a ban on shortsword classes beyond just a select few ppl.

The perception of Ninja being a "weak" class comes from that in addition to our PVE being sub par prior to absolute skills.

Ninja is in a good place right now, the stealth and and grab nerf are enough. Doing anything else will **** the class out of a node war again.

kamik0z and alexandertg like this.