1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja succesion

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by Kripion, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Kripion

So ninja got succesion added on PTR...
    And i cant help myselft thinking its most lazy and gimick succesion released so far.

- katana shower with flashy animation isnt the worst pick but Chaos sura with its longines is a bad joke..
    - no murderous intend, no serpent ascesion, no HP regen on q buff...
    - they made animations even longer and shortsword style is usefull cus of its speed
    - they didnt transfer shadow stomp ....
    - there is no grab.....

Its just initial thoughts

Oh and one more thing - LAZY PA copied chaos sura animation onto 1 hand shortsword style and left the second hand empty so ninja is waving with it (left one) like a tard and next performs 2 swords hiding animation.... just WOW

2. GuiltGuy

There is a video with skill description in English out there

3. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

they cant give the class the best awk skills(like kuno didnt get her spin but unlike ninja she got 2 good skills) and think the reason why ninja didnt get shadow stomp or clone is because kuno got them as succession skills and you still got 1 grab(suicide fall)

#3 Dannyswe1235, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  4. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Haha yea the animation with sheathing sword really is just plain lazy of them....makes 0 sense.
    Seems like they loose a lot of mobility though. Maybe it is fun for some people because it is simpler, but I doubt many will choose this option compared to everything pre awk and awk gives.
    But unfortunatelly yeah towards other successions this one seems to be lacking a lot in animations and effects, just my opinion x_x

Fateneko likes this.
  5. GuiltGuy

1. picking chaos sura is meant to nerf ninja. they know that skill is trash so they purposefully pick that skill. You ought to be thankful as they are not picking skills like sword dance, sudden decapitation, vacuum slash, mach explosion, which can be even worse.

2. they didn't include the skill that kuno has in her succession because they want to seperate the succession kits for these two classes. when they want to nerf ninja, they always hurt kuno at the same time. So by seperation, they can safely nerf ninja in the future.

3. they don't want to give ninja mobility in the succession skill kit. because kuno has been crying for months for the mobility of ninja awakening, they now decide to give kuno lots of engages so they have no option but seperate the kits from kuno.

4. they realize that ninja is hard in pve so they decide to give more aoe skills to ninja. Now i am waiting kunos start crying ninja succession is better than theirs because ninja has more aoe than they do even if kuno has more mobility and protection.

5. they try to balence pvp through succession so they ain't gonna make ninja too good in pvp for his succession. and the result is that they seem to be achieving it. Look at the video. It is the succession valkyrie vs. awakening ninja. The ninja can hardly beat valkyrie in pvp now. So I am looking forward to witch succession. maybe with succession, we witches can also beat ninja in pvp maybe?

#5 GuiltGuy, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  6. GuiltGuy

idk but i am a witch and i often free pking with some classes like archer, sorceress. approaching archer is painful without teleport and even with lots of super amor it is still a pain to fight with soreress. i doubt with less mobility and protection, many ninja will remain awakening. but idk! because it seems to me that the succession ninja is maybe good in pve but worse in pvp. awakening ninja is not strong in gvg but have special roles using iframes. i don't see succession ninja is uesful to anything though.

maybe developers should consider nerfing awakening ninja so that poor ninja players can either reroll or switch to succession? lol

7. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Not gonna talk about if ninjas should be nerfed or not there's a whole thread for that so.
    But I do know that ninjas I know of play the class mostly because it is amazing in 1vs1 and when played well can defend itself very nicely. And can surprise and catch people. Because of this most of them don't mind being weak in PvE at all.
    Even if succession is better in PvE for ninjas, I just don't see why they would still choose it. It would be nice if we could all switch between the builds, but that's a whole different story.

Fateneko likes this.
  8. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

**** succession.

9. See

See

...Guy with alot of Pen dies to Hystriamobs...

10. Mystry

I can't imagine limiting myself to just the shortsword.
    They'd have to do something pretty spectacular with the damage to make me even consider it, and I HIGHLY doubt that would happen.

11. MrocznyMuffin

Well, the damage you can already see on the video. We lose too much from our awakening tbh I wouldn't even consider it.

12. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Who the hell is this succession for? The new katana shower animation was cool, malice evasion is a cool ability, the fire dot from smokescreen is cool, the blade spin 100% animation is neat but useless, and the movement tweak on chaos spree would be cool in our awakening kit.. but everything else here looks like straight garbage. Most people who play Ninja for Ninja like it for the multiple swords and the lightning speed. This looks slow as hell and way clunkier than what Ninja's awakening was on first use.

I knew this was going to be bad because we would have to get 4 abilities from awakening to make this work, and we only got one of them. Oh well, I guess.

On further inspection:
    I will say that it's interesting that they stuck bleeds/poisons/burns on a lot of the moves, and gave fox claw/moonlight floats, but mobility loss coupled with no stance transition basically cripples this kit. Dots don't bring damage in line with awakening capability, and unless Fox Claw and Moonlight receive a hefty pvp damage buff in succession, they're both still lackluster options (especially with the longer animations) compared to Murderous and Serpent.

The only ones who would even benefit from that change are those who are outspoken against Ninja to begin with. The succession changes don't nerf a class at all because the player has to opt into them. It's an optional weapon form, and if it's bad, you opt out of it. Our succession looks like trash, and I think it wouldn't bring any benefit to our pve since it nerfs our mobility in exchange for a few bigger aoes.

Our issue in pve is that we lack high damage aoes in quantity and quality. This only fixes the quality of some of the few we do have, so it doesn't resolve the issue on top of introducing mobility loss and no stance transition to block with either.

13. GuiltGuy

I believe we have discussed this before. The moment we got the news of succession being imported to the pc version, I said they would not give good skill kit for ninja succession either, because they tried to boost other classes' abilities of pvp. Kuno has been acting like a crying baby for envying ninja's awakening mobilities while hiding the facts that they have more protections. So it is not beyond my expectations that kuno b*tches get plenty engages this time and not to mention they can block with their pre-awakening while ninja gets maybe air? lol

So from my standpoints, this is an indirect nerf to ninja. Now I can see some classes can do pvp as good as ninja.

Ninja's awakening needs nerf. They should at least give some cds to transition stance. But the compromise is that they should maybe consider giving some protected ccs to ninja's succession. A skill kit with no protection, almost zero mobility and engage is bad. I admit that both ninja's awakening and succession kits have big problems but we do not really know before the succession ninja is officially introduced.

For reference:

tamer succesion vs ninja succession

valkyrie succesion vs ninja awakening