1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Ninja succession - can't finish it?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Amirite, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Amirite

Hey
    I started the Ninja succession quest and killed that boss. Then there should spawn a NPC i should talk to, but the NPC never spawned.
    I tried to log in out and talked to BS but NPC is not there, so i can't finish the quest?

Any help would be nice.

2. GM Sayla

Game Master

Hello! Please send us a ticket here describing the issue you're having and we'll look into it.

3. Amirite

Okay I will do that.

4. Megta

Megta Archer EU

After you killed the boss, you complete the quest at the black spirit. There is no NPC.

5. Amirite

I tried to talk to BS but nothing happens. It say's in the quest log that i need to talk to the npc. I even tried to move on to the next location in the quest but nothing.

6. Megta

Megta Archer EU

So you killed "Illezra's Dark Shadow" at olvia beach. (quest name: "[Ninja Succession] Dark Shadow")
    The next step should be, you summon the black spirit, to complete the quest and he gives you a new quest ("[Ninja Succession] Ninja, Fortified Strength") which is autocomplete at the black spirit and gives you the succession skillbook.

But to confirm this, could you tell me the questname?

7. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Did you choose the chat option with the black spirit? Or did you look in the quest tabs?

8. Amirite

Hi
    I already did, just couldn't remember it lol, and the succession quest showed up in my quest log and I thought "did i do this or not" I could have easily click to see if could get the succession in skill window, but heh...i forgot lol.

Here is the answer from the support, so there is some sort of bug tho.

In your case, you completed your character's Succession quests on the 29th of July, 2 days ago. I can assure you that those quests have been completed, and that you do not need to complete any other quest of that chain.

The quest-log is showing you the new quests to do after last week's change, but these quests can only be done if you did not do the old iteration. As you have successfully completed the old iteration, the game does not let you do the new one, as it would mean you doing the same quests twice and it is not intended to work like that.

At this time I can't officially confirm whether this is indeed a bug or not, but it will get looked into and reviewed. If it's verified that it's not working as intended, it will be addressed in a future patch.

How long this process takes depends on a lot of different factors, meaning I'm unable to provide an estimate for when it will be completed. Instead, I would recommend keeping an eye on our forums and on upcoming patch notes, as bug fixes and other changes to the game are often mentioned there.
    Lastly, I would like to reassure you once more that you have completed your character's Succession quests, and that you do not have to worry about those quests that appear as Unaccepted in the quest-log