1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja worth it ?

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by kamik0z, May 8, 2017.

1. kamik0z

Som heres my problem. Im an indecisive dude . I have atm a full tri geared war, With duo accesories. Lvl 58.
    Also have lvl 57,5 ninja with kzarka, 57 musa , 56dk with tri gear (boss alt atm)

My problem is this. I love the idea of ninja.. its just that i need to be atleast lvl 59 for "equal" pvp acc..
    So this is my dilemma.. levelig the ninja to 59 would take months (im casual)
    Leveling the war to 59 would take allot less..
    Is ninja at 59 really worth it or do you have to go to 60 to be at alle usefull ?
    Id tri bossgear/duo acc around 475gs enough?

2. LethalAF

Depends on your goals... Node war? PVE? Open world PVP.

What are you looking to do exactly.

3. kamik0z

Atm mostly solo pve and rbf.. going nodewar with guild in the fall, so not thinking about that atm. Pve , small scale pvp and rbf is my main tings now

4. Neiuso

Neiuso Neiuso Ninja 62 NA

If you like the class visually and gameplay wise, then yes. It is worth it. As long as your gear is up to snuff and you have an okay understanding of your class, you'll be fine no matter the situation.

Now that is not to say that Ninja has it easy and is as rewarding as certain other classes. It's basically an uphill battle until you get to the point where either your gear or skill are good enough to compete at the level you want to. Based on what you want, I don't see it being an issue.

TL;DR: Ninja is a fun class and I'd recommend it and say it's worth it if you like the class.

DavidGilN, choovanski and Nacario like this.
  5. LethalAF

I mean you should think about it though... whatever class you grind now will be the class you are warring with.

Are you EU or NA? What guild? If I have fought them I can probably tell you what they are lacking.

Ninja is a labor of love. It's visually appealing and rewarding to play for sure as said above.

6. Dersidius

Lvl 60 500+ GS ninja here

Ninja is really a special class, in order for you to enjoy it, you will need a very good understanding of the weaknesses of ninja, and all the strengths/weakness's of your opponents.

I don't like to lecture to those that don't request, so long story short Until you clique with the class AND have all your gear up to par, PvP will always be an uphill battle if your facing people that know how to play their own respective class. Ninja is not carried by OP skill mechanics or outrageous easy to land damage.

IMO the best way to maximize this class is via evasion build & accuracy stacking, which by nature, requires you to have your accessories to be pretty high quality. Once you meet those requisites, Ninja becomes a very viable and rewarding class in both group and solo play.

1v1 Matchups (Advantages / Equally Geared & Skilled)....without going into the details:
    Ninja > Sorc:
    Block Jump is basically a Sorc-Bane.. Just don't get caught by the Sorc because it will HURT even with an evasion build.
    Ninja > Ranger: Basically the same as above
    Ninja > Kuno: Just wait for chainwreck, it's a free block jump catch, and don't block jump spin spree, you'll get caught~
    Ninja > Warrior: Although a lot of people will contend otherwise, warrior has very limited ways of catching a well-trained ninja, thank god our class has a high skill cap. so as long as your gear is on par.. simply catch them with block jump after slashing the dead, and you should be able to kill safely in 1 or 2 combos, provided you don't get that BS grave digger debuff.
    Ninja > Valkyrie: Block Jump is just a wonderful ability...
    Ninja = or < Tamer: Fundamentally speaking, tamers ability to highly pressure a target can pose some challenges for the ninja toolkit, there are very few ways to safely trade with a good tamer, and being that block jump is our most reliable catch, a privy tamer has plenty of abilities to bait and null block jump.
    Ninja > Witch: Block Jump again... not to mention we have more than enough tools to evade all their damage.
    Ninja > Wizard: Same as Above, the only exception to these two match ups is the DP cancer builds - but that can always be fixed with enough AP am I right?
    Ninja = or > Dark Knight: Block jump, plus plenty of frontal guard frames give DK's a lot of issues from our kit, pretty much an advantage fight if you stick to the books, however, if you aren't good at chasing and pressuring safely, a DK can kite forever... or just 2 / 3 hit you if you aren't paying attention.
    Ninja < Berseker*: This matchup is certainly in favor of the gorilla, reason being the catch is a lot easier for them, and catch means death when against a Giant, but also, even if you catch them, theirs an ongoing bug with flash bondage that will allow them to stand up instantly (all the time). Major **** Block.
    Conclusion:
    Speaking from a 1v1 stance, Ninja is pretty much a top contender in the realm of 1v1 or general small scale, the major issue with our 1v1's is the fact that, as you can see, our catches or mostly reliant around block jump and murderous intent to maximize combo damage. Although it seems pretty easy to counter a ninja based on knowing it's going to catches, both these abilities are extremely good and fast, so even someone who knows the class in and out can't perfectly defend against these abilities forever.

Hamsta, Mana_Mafia, Wylph and 5 others like this.
  7. kamik0z

Ty all for the feedback .
    Atm this is my gear ( some of the armor are not at tri yet ) http://bdoplanner.com/s/nid5ihCj

Also have a tet deeds ring for more acc and working on 1 more rce , getting them both tri ..
    Problem is im casual , meaning i probably only have 5-8 hours a week of total gametime ..and even less during the summer..

I do appriciate all of your feedback. I love the ninja play and the style.. Will contemplate some more :)

8. Atron

Stay on your warr ... fact to the matter is you will never get the gear or skill to play ninja at level it was meant to play.
    Warrior is a low skill cap class that if you play it bad it still kinda good ... and you do not need to trully master it to play good.

You are to casual for this game ... stay on warr go sausans for some easy PvP and thats about it.

9. kamik0z

Ty for feedback Atron. Thing is.. sausans..really? I reck most dudes below 60 on pirates with my warrior.

I do understand your point though. My casual gamestyle doesnt fit the dedication needed for ninja.

10. Atron

Yea i mean't some casual spot PvP when time allows you to do it.

Basically war is not so gear dependant and way easier to play so why gimp your self with sub-par class hard to master and expensive to gear up.

Stick with warrior :)

11. kamik0z

Thanks for further clarification. I kind of agree.. since ninja requires allot to be the beast they can be..
    Warrior is ez mode compared ^^
    Problem is.. ninja som smooth bro...so smooth..stylish..**** it.. Even the sheathe/unsheathe animations...so smooth..

12. Judgementos

Ninja is a very technical class with a lot of opportunity for combos and flow. I would dare to say ninja is a very rewarding class, it is not a ez class. Getting solid at ninja is more of a continuous effort and with that comes self accomplishment. Easy class won't offer that type of feeling. (Plus they get stealth )

13. Railx

So, for NW, is ninja better than musa? Can anyone discuss? Grinding and NWs is like all I do.

14. kamik0z

Grinding = musa 10x times better than ninja in terms of speed. But boring .
    In nw they do diff stuff. Dont really know which is best

15. Mechanism

Musa is far and away a better pve class than Ninja.

For node wars, Ninja's can be good at niche roles. Using double/triple jump to place cannons in awkward places. They do very well in small skirmishes. They get exponentially worse as the numbers in the fight increase. (assuming you don't outgear the hell out of your opponents). Musa's are also good at small skirmishes, however easily accessible Super Armour makes life in large fights a lot more bearable for a must.

Honestly if you are behind the gear curve, you would be better of playing Warrior/Wiz/Witch/DK

16. Lugh

Just curious is the evasion build a meme and do I really need to sacrifice my bhegs and giath for a rocaba piece and my boss offhand for a tadd to play ninja effectively? Or will the evasion gems in my slots be enough to make him competitive? If possible could you link your gear and go into a little detail on your gems.

17. Judgementos

Go rosar unless you really want 3 evasion + 100 hp vs 5 ap + 150 hp. If you do tadd and the helm gloves maybe as it would stack but your coughing up accuracy and a lot of it.

18. LethalAF

With 2 RCE's Tadd is the way to go. Hidden evasion on the tadd, and couple that with boss gear and a sicils necklace most people in T1 nodes cannot kill you with one combo.

I've never played with a Rosar but haven;t geard crazy things.

19. Mechanism

It's pretty much consensus that it is NOT worth the loss to go rocaba helm/gloves (over 4 piece boss) You gain 4 evasion in the end, and lose.. a lot.

I would definitely suggest going evasion for pvp though. Keep your boss offhand (pref kutum) for pve. Tadd with evasion gems (chest-special attack evasion, helm evasion) muskans (mandatory), Sicil's necklace, and if you have enough AP to compensate, centaurs belt. Beware wizards and their ridiculous inate accuracy D:<

Judgementos likes this.
  20. Judgementos