1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response No confidence vote on Andaro

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deyric, Jun 6, 2020.

?

Do you feel Andaro represents you as game Ambassador

1. Yes Andaro represents me and is a good Ambassador.

53 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. No Andaro does not represent me and has failed at their position.

56 vote(s)
    51.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Don't worry, we'll be spoiled brats, we'll propose things and criticize any shady strategy, even against those who thinks that this is useless.
    We won't let you down buddy.

Factorial, Kazza, Bizmarc89 and 2 others like this.
  2. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

Greetings.
    I am Nicknero, participant of the Ambassador program under the branch of Discord Moderation.
    I personally don't take part in the feedback library process (and frankly, I don't pay much attention to it). So I don't always know what my fellow Ambassadors are up to in the other branches. All I know is that it is a **lot** of work, and every one of us are doing it completely for free voluntarily. And for that, I can have nothing other than the utmost respect for Andaro and the rest of the feedback librarians for the amount of blood, sweat and tears they have to go through in order to process the community feedback in the best, fairest and quickest way possibly.

Surely, this sometimes means that certain topics go less addressed than others, or some suggestions are not going through entirely because they are insignificant to other suggestions. As in: One person suggesting X versus 100 persons suggesting Y.

Anyway, it is fairly obvious where your opinion resides at, OP. Sadly you do not give us and feedback or clear points constructed with evidence to support your opinion. And that makes me want to believe your soul purpose of this thread is rather to talk down upon a targeted individual. In other words: Witch Hunting.

Kiri_Dar, MeldamirieI and Raikto like this.
  3. Galatia

Galatia Hoshishinzui Valkyrie 62 EU

He seems to me as someone who by choice spends their time trying to get useful points to Kakao and hopes to effect some changes that are representative of the feedback that is collated.

In all honesty, given the cack that is spewed into this forum I'm amazed anyone would make the effort so hats off to him and the team that attempts to do this.

I suspect that most people who complain on the forums would not have the determination to try and do something useful for as long as he/they have and would stop at the first hurdle nor indeed try and make changes that benefit everyone as opposed to just making their own class good at one thing.

Perhaps you should actually point out what he did to irk you and not make a vapid useless thread when I doubt you could do half the job he does?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

tbh, i dont see proper/more important suggestions being pushed as hard as they should be. thats my problem with majority of "feedback" via any channel. probably has alot to do with ignorant devs as well. maybe its laziness coz its easier to fix a rock on the road in balenos than to balance the pvp.

also, wasnt there a promised yellow lemoria set or some other stuff that were promised ages ago but never happened? i seem to faintly remember something like that.

priority should always be balance, more game modes, less rng and more fairness. sadly, opposite things sell coupons and reroll items.

(this is a general post, not related to andaro personally)

#24 WhySoSeeryus, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  5. Sandpit_

I would be happy for this thread to be deleted

6. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Wait a minute...
    Before I set my own opinion, I would like to ask you both;

What has been done toward adjusting the Shai's visual with Korea?
    [​IMG]
    Have those voices been represented ?

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

they dont give a **** about community opinion if it makes them do more work or if its gonna touch their money gains.

remember polls on costume melting patch etc?

i would like to ask Andaro one thing and to provide us feedback on it from the developers.

Number of PEN items made via caphras upgrade method as it was supposed to be an alternative for getting pens. (spoiler: its a joke)

#27 WhySoSeeryus, Jun 6, 2020
    ManlyBeard and Life2v like this.
  8. Naho

Op wants our ambassador to go smash tables at Kakao and Pearl Abyss HQ so they change things because the community said so.

Some ppl I swear

9. Andaro

Ambassador

One of the things people get easily confused about, is that we don't make changes, and just because change doesn't happen, that doesn't mean that we didn't do our part. We can, as you can, suggest ideas till the cows come home, but it is up to PA to determine whether or not to move forward with them. And no, we don't smash tables, throw chairs, or "rage".

There comes a point where once you've done all that you can do, you have to move on.
    One thing we do however, is to keep a record of those ideas so that in the future if certain changes are made that create new opportunities to re-suggest ideas that may have been overlooked or gone unanswered before, we have a compendium readily available.

For example, players have for a long time wanted Dance emotes, and the developers liked that idea but felt dancing didn't really fit into the serious theme of the game. But, changes happened, and along came Shai and she learned to play music - thusly, perhaps now is a good time to revisit that old idea and perhaps have a new discussion? <- see what I did there? <-- And this is where we Librarians come into play. As we maintain a spreadsheet record and vast index of anything that we collect or is sent to us, we are always looking for alternative avenues or "newly opened doors" in which we can re-suggest these type of suggestions that may not have at one time been feasible.

Kiri_Dar, Ashaara, Dehor and 4 others like this.
  10. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

That doesn't answer anything.
    Have you been suggesting anything toward this topic or not?

Life2v and Agitoad like this.
  11. Nutter22

Out of order topic. Voted for Andarro. Man what is wrong with people!

Galatia likes this.
  12. Andaro

Ambassador

If you are asking me specifically if we Librarians inquired anything regarding the Shai models for Euna, then No.
    As the subject was already well known by the staff and CMs long before they came to Euna, this was not a topic of content that we would have been able to weigh in on that the community did not already weigh in on via two threads, one of which was locked, and the other remained up so you could continue to comment. I imagine that it was understood that when a Mod locked the topic, the subject was closed, but users wished to continue discussing it, so a Senior Mod left the other one open.

To be frank, it would have been a waste of time and resources for the Library to have weighed in on the subject, when the community had already done so thoroughly. There are indeed several topics like that, one in the past was regarding Sea Monster Hunting, before the changes.

To put it shorter, when you already have a 400+ page thread on something, there isn't much more for us to do regarding the subject.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  13. Ben Phoenix

So... The devs don't know that the adjustments made a fuss in EU and NA? Well, that seems unfair to me, even if I'm fine with the adjustments.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  14. Yumine

Yumine Mystic 61

There you have the short version reply.
    Feedback ignored, great job. There you prove that you're not providing feedback if you or your friends does not like a topic, it doesn't mean the rest of users does not care.

#34 Yumine, Jun 6, 2020
  15. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

So in short, you haven't transmited our voices, not even once.

I thought your function was exactly what you pointed, to transmit different opinions to the devs/staff/etc in order to make things change according to our voices.
    But if you personnaly judge a topic is not worth your efforts, then all those voices won't be heard and nothing will change.

Thanks for this clarification.

16. Mimimimi

the topic was seen and closed by kakao mods. the publisher itself decided the topic is not up for discussion. a poll has been carried out on the forums. what is the point of doing another poll in the feedback library? kakao is well aware of the controversy regarding the "shai censorship" topic, and it is on them to communicate with the developers. to my observations it was a concious decision made by PA/Kakao, some people just can't accept that decision.

Fateneko, Bizmarc89 and Galatia like this.
  17. Andaro

Ambassador

I believe you missed the point I was making; don't spin it.
    Again, this goes to a misunderstanding of what we do.
    There was nothing for the Library to pass up - *because* they already knew.
    I do not, nor do we volunteers judge anything. That is for the Community Managers and Staff Team.
    You're saying that the topic was ignored and thusly not changed because Ambassadors didn't pass it upwards.
    I'm telling you it was already "upwards" and that's why we did not weigh in.

You're forgetting that the CMs and Staff are the judges of feedback, not us.

Thank you Mimi, I could not have said it better.
    We send things to the CMs. But if the CMs are already reading the subject, there's nothing left for us to regarding it.

Galatia likes this.
  18. Ben Phoenix

I'm not spinning anything. I thought the devs get feedback from the library. Can't see the point with the library then.

Allan1985 and o0ABC0o like this.
  19. Ben Phoenix

Actually it wasn't closed, there's a thread still going on about that topic.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  20. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Unless I missed something, there are still no official statement made by Kakao.
    So I don't know where you are getting all those infos except from your personal opinion.
    Which also means that I have my own opinion on the matter.

But I thought you were OUR VOICES ?
    Are the devs (aka PEARL ABYSS) fully aware of this too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.