1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response No confidence vote on Andaro

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deyric, Jun 6, 2020.

?

Do you feel Andaro represents you as game Ambassador

1. Yes Andaro represents me and is a good Ambassador.

53 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. No Andaro does not represent me and has failed at their position.

56 vote(s)
    51.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deyric

Ah yes because passing that on would have taken oh so much effort.

If I was posting the problems explicitly to attack him and to bias the choice I'd be witch hunting. This was looking for an actual community opinion on here without swaying it one way or the other. I didn't even vote myself to keep it impartiality. I could have loaded the first vote one way or the other to set the tone. And I stepped away to keep from commenting to let the community give its input.

Gotta love the protectionism from the fellow 'Ambassadors' I've never seen post here in all the time I've been part of the game.

Except by deciding it was a waste to pass on what the community felt, regardless of whether they already knew or not, is judgement on your part on what it relevant to be passed on.

#61 Deyric, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2020
    o0ABC0o likes this.
  2. Andaro

Ambassador

Please do explain to me how you pass on something that they already have in their hands. Because now you're not making sense.

Naho and Bizmarc89 like this.
  3. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Seems like like someone didn't get it their way or what they want. Group enough people and fight for it with logic and reason.
    Andaro is like the only one that actually communicates, I think he deserves some respect for putting up with entitled lil ***** on the internet all the time.

^closest thing I've seen to reason in the thread, and thats some dirt nasty stuff. Like do you even know if they are they even able to do so legally? Because it may be consider sexualizing a child, and could be a bigger issue then they'd like to deal with...

#63 Muhaha, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2020
  4. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

They are able to do so legally on console in Na/ Eu so pretty sure they can for pc. It is not as if any of the shai outfits could be considered sexual in any way.

5. levinano

So what this means is that regarding the constructive feedback on the Shai appearances, Kakao was aware of the poll and it was also sent to Pearl Abyss in Korea correct? So right now the situation is that "Koreans think Westerners are pedophiles so despite the majority vote and regardless of what players of Western servers actually think, they've decided to ignore it and deemed reverting the change unjust because Koreans think Westerners are freaks" since only NA/EU has this censorship?

You do know that that thread isn't advocating to have sexualized costumes like the Kibelius all female classes have, put onto Shai right? The complain is about clothing clipping with the non-intended pieces of clothing in the game, and in cases like Twinkle Star look absolutely ridiculous because you're showing pajamas under your street clothes.

I don't even play Shai but the censorship argument is just so ridiculous. The entire argument for the censorship was scarecrowed as hell. "There are pedophiles in the world, so it must be censored." This got so out of hand when Shai came out people were hunting Shai players calling them pedophiles because apparently you can't play child classes without wanting to sleep with it. Does buying costumes for your Ninja or Wizard make you gay then? I've said this multiple times but this all stemmed from a phantom witch hunt on pedos because Westerners deem that "men cannot like cute things unless they're pedophiles."

If you Google the images for the Shai Pearl Shop underwear in other regions, none of them are sexualized, and are normal clothing you would find children to wear irl. If the onlooker is finding normal children attire sexual, isn't that the problem with the onlooker and not what the child can or cannot wear? If there are one or two gross freaks in society (which of course there are), should tens of thousdands be inconvenienced for it? Should there be a law now that all children can't wear anything but pajamas that cover most of their bodies?

6. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Shai is not censored anywhere but in EU/NA.
    Shai has strictly nothing looking sexual.

So what you just did there is, insulting not only people demanding to adjust the class but also the rest of the world by calling them "nasty pedo".
    Just because you assume that because something is censored, there must be something nasty to hide.

What I think is that it was a preventive move because of other mmos who ended up sexualizing child like characters (like TERA) but in the end the Shai revealed to be very modest and just as cute as it should be, thus making the censorship useless and simply a visual annoyance on most outfits.
    Which is the reason why so many people want this lifted.

7. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

stop playing shai problem solved

8. Mimimimi

seems like they made a concious decision about that. i don't know if it was to avoid a sexualized look or if this shall be the preferred look for people in this region and i honestly do not care.

i personally don't mind the different look, and i cannot understand how people get so worked up on this minor detail. the content of a game is determined by it's developer, there is no democratic process where players are allowed to vote for what the game contains. wishes and suggestion may be voiced, but it is not up to players what the game contains.

as such it seems inappropriate to drag a discussion about an ambassador to this "shai censorship" topic. the feedback library peeps may have decided not to include the results of the poll, but that's all. the stated reasons not to include it are reasonable. it was one of many actions taken by them.

if anything you should ask PA and/or Kakao for a statement why there is a difference

9. Agitoad

These people are too brainwashed that they will censor anything at this point, this is the world we live in now
    This is why alot of games are not being released in the west because of butthurt SJW
    They are limiting your options because of the things they don't like.

If im writing a book. drawing, if im creating a video game or composing music
    and somebody comes in and they tell me '' Thats offensive i don't like this.''
    Get F***ed.
    ''IM OFFENDED! If you have beautiful people in a video game what kind of a poor image is that gonna represent me! im 500 pounds and they should be too! ''
    Get F***ed.

This sh*t only gets worse because this is just first of many dominos that will fall.. trust me on that
    I mean look at Mortal Kombat xD

[​IMG]
    Anyway
    There is nothing wrong with Shai's original looks
    Stop feeding the trolls, because when you give them what they want they are only gonna come back for more!
    Alot of game developers refuse to censor something so instead it never gets released in the west.
    This is what makes me sad and ashamed to be a part of this region
    Its just a game...

Allan1985 likes this.
  10. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Are you sure this was a good example?
    With the images you put, Mk11 assassin style seems more interesting to me than Mk9 fan service style!
    :D

MoonDance17 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  11. Ben Phoenix

Oh yep, at least I can see some effort there in creating an outfit and the result is actually good. :D

12. Agitoad

Thats not my point, all MK women have no skin showing at all, and the men are half naked.
    We are talking about censorship not how good the outfit looks.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  13. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Ah, OK, I didn't compare both games like that. Tough the pictures you chose does not show this, it is an interesting point you're making there.

We could even wonder if there's not a reverse oversexualization occurring now with men more and more naked, in this case.

14. Ben Phoenix

What has this thread become...

15. Beeso

ehem...

[​IMG]

Mimimimi and Ben Phoenix like this.
  16. Ben Phoenix

Hahaha xD

17. Beeso

....and way to "fight" one exaggeration with another. All the men are half naked? What are you on about?! Do you even play that game?

I remember this lame "controversy" back when the game first released where like 5 people got angry and loud on YT about that exact same character and her outfit.

Consider this; just as there are these "clothing SJW crazies" out there they could also spawn the Anti-SJW crazies too. You know those that fanatically want to slap the fantasy bikini armor on everything that moves, howling "skinnn mmmmm" as they stumble around. They have nightmares about their eternal heroines escaping monstrous burkini monsters with teeth (but no tentacles *wink wink*) that want to imprison their gloriously lush naked bodies forever.

#77 Beeso, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Ben Phoenix likes this.
  18. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

According to what you said I assume your reasoning was made according to elements happening exactly one year ago.
    Which is why I would like to point a few new elements:

-since June/July 2019, people are still actively demanding to lift the censorship one year later.

-apparently all the other countries lifted the censorship but EU/NA.

-the poll has been created in June 2019 and now in June 2020 it is filled with many votes which might help Kakao to reconsider their decision.

-for a full year, the Shai did not appear to feature any content which might appear controversial (this includes the visuals, outfits, presentation, lore, etc).

-Kakao did release the summer pajamas for Shai (thank you for that), which fixed most of the visual annoyance the long pajama was creating by clipping under the skirts.
    However the release of more recent outfits made the issue rise again by clipping mostly around the shoulders in a very unpleasant manner. Or even more recently the Black Shudad Armor for Shai clipping under the skirt, even with the short pajama despite the armor already featuring some undergarments (which would be very decent as default undies for Shai in my opinion).

@Andaro @Reigne Irkalla @Nicknero1405
    Although the idea wasn’t suggested in the first place for a reason I can understand, I would like to know If according to these new elements, you could remind/suggest the idea to Kakao one year later?

Unless of course you know for sure that Kakao is actively following and aware of the Shai topic and already knows everything there is to know as for today...

Ventesa, Yumine and Agitoad like this.
  19. Andaro

Ambassador

Although they do, as there is no way that they don't, since you requested, I have forward this topic and your concern to our program director. That is as much as I can do regarding the matter.

With that, I will respectively recuse myself from further engagement on the subject so that I can focus on the next QOL Poll and Survey lineup that covers a lot of different content areas that players have been submitting to the Library.

I wish you the best of luck regarding the matter.
    If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to reach out.

~Best Regards

o0ABC0o and Muhaha like this.
  20. Joungf

doa6.jpg doa6c.jpg
    Do not mix up games like DoA with MK!
    Although both are fighting games, they were made for different purpose and audience.
    You are comparing different categories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.