1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response No confidence vote on Andaro

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deyric, Jun 6, 2020.

?

Do you feel Andaro represents you as game Ambassador

1. Yes Andaro represents me and is a good Ambassador.

53 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. No Andaro does not represent me and has failed at their position.

56 vote(s)
    51.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Nobody said they are representatives,a gm just said they just collect ideas from the community and pass it on to kakao games.He isn't a representative of the player base but instead an information collector for kakao games although the title of ambassador is misleading.

#103 Stealthe, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  2. MisterJoy

"To skip further jargon and sentimental writ, and to put it bluntly, we are chosen to represent you in one on one communications internally, although I remain adamant about not doing so without the voice of the people there when we do so. (Meaning what we communicate is based of surveys, polls, organized forum topics and discord channels where your votes and comments are collected)"

Yes, they do claim that to be it. Like said, handpicked by the potential side who could face critics by a representative = conflict of interest.
    How you defined it, is the accurate version, If a conflict of interest exists, it does not even matter, how well he could be doing a job as representative, it automatically contradicts it, and by that is not valid.

Don't take it as an attack, you can do whatever you like, but don't frame it in a wrong way like democratically or voice of the players, since that is just plain wrong.

And since this framing is activly used, a poll on it, is not a witch hunt, but a usual tool of democratic acts. Calling it a witch hunt tho, is negative framing on polling in a democratic fashion process and discrediting the playerbase.

#103 MisterJoy, Jun 8, 2020
    Allan1985 and Life2v like this.
  3. Ashenvall

PA is playing with words to make sure the ambiguity is present. It deceives only new players

Allan1985, MisterJoy and Life2v like this.
  4. MisterJoy

^this, specially in new player/or potential new player threads you can see how they actively play down just any complaints/negative arguments older players are voicing. And that badge is psychologically influencing people in more likely to believe the guy with that badge on his name.

And they clearly are argumenting in a fashion to be always company pro, like in the shadow arena thread(from me), people say they liked the different mode and he literally said, "no not nice :(, since it pulled players away from main game". Oh, maybe because they liked it and maybe because it gave meme frags for sth different than grinding scrolls for several hours a day. If people say, we would love to have it back in BDO itself, he just says "I hope they make it a standalone title" => so his opinion is what? 100% what they do.

#104 MisterJoy, Jun 8, 2020
    Ventesa, woots, o0ABC0o and 2 others like this.
  5. RainnellLynnMitarius

Clearly we can see where the community priorities rest when they care more for a pair of underwear on a childlike character, rather than for how ultimately the mod's or Ambassador represents us, the players. (Clearly the Ambassador isn't representing us, so this statement is false and I shall retract it. But Will leave it here due to personal acknowledgment of my own failure over knowledge of what an Ambassador truly meant.)

This thread just proves how pitiful this community goes to push out an agenda on how PA and Kakao are monsters to their player base for not listening to feedback. (When entirely Heidel Ball entirely showed how they were listening to the community and making changes towards it---I think that removing the reroll wep coupons didn't show that at all right?) It will never be enough, and no one from the mods or the Ambassador team should be taking rocks to the face for how this community is a crybaby over anything and everything. (Not everyone complains, but the loudest? Are often the ones that partake the most in being annoyed over everything or anything. Just to make sure everyone understand I'm not putting every BDO players in the same bucket)

If you don't like something kid? Just don't spend money on it. You don't like Pearl Abyss? Well, don't play BDO. You don't like Kakao? Well, don't play BDO either. Make suggestions and be a little more objective rather than to chastise at the few individuals that are willing to bring our voice to higher grounds rather than refusing us at the door. They are Messengers with knowledge of the game they love to play, nothing more, nothing less. (I am not saying a game should ever block or censor its player base over suggestions. But we can admit that many of the voices in this community are if not toxic, or simply arrogant enough to believe everything is due to them. Some of them being awfully dramatic over aspects of the games which are basics and core mechanics. Good or bad? If a game mechanics is bad enough for you to be THIS displeased? You should move on and perhaps find at something that fits more what you are willing to sacrifice versus what you are not)

#105 RainnellLynnMitarius, Jun 8, 2020
  6. Ben Phoenix

About the Shai topic: if the devs know well about it and don't want to undo the changes, why is the thread about it still open? Kakao never made an official statement about the changes, except for the camera angle thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the adjustments but some transparency about the topic would be appreciated. Transparency in general I guess.

About the crying community: that's unfair cause there are different types of people here, not everyone is here to complain for no reason.

How about shutting down the suggestion section since yeah, everything is fine and people should simply shut up? I'm honestly sick of "go play another game".

7. Findubar

Here is a little visual representation of how Andaro is on this forum.

Ashenvall likes this.
  8. Ben Phoenix

[​IMG]

Findubar likes this.
  9. Allan1985

i was referring to his definitions of what could be called a representative, i dont consider embassadors representatives at all, actually their job is completely unrelated to "representing" someone, in fact the only thing embassadors have to do with the topic of this thread is that Andaro is one of them thats all.

10. Ashenvall

Nice! Try it like this :

Findubar likes this.
  11. Allan1985

i would not use Andaro's words as a basis for anything as he/she is well known for having no rigor with word's meaning when talking, what they do as far as i know is gather, organize and deliver feedback from players, but to enter in the details about it is exactly what he/she wants as to distract attention from what the real topic of this thread is, so lets stay on topic and not bite the distraction bait

#111 Allan1985, Jun 8, 2020
  12. Andaro

Ambassador

Ha ha, i had to giggle :peepoGiggle:
    I love LoTR....but I always pictured it more like treebeard....

Stealthe and Findubar like this.
  13. Allan1985

well i will completely avoid the shai's thing because i dont rly care at all about that, but i would like to point out that as mentioned in previous posts Ambassadors are not community representatives, i think thats a big missunderstanding caused by Andaro's own words (how unusual!) but following other embassadors words representing us is not part of their job, i will admit tho that the title's name "ambassador" has by its own definition implications that are not in line with what they do, yet once again thats is not the topic of this thread.

14. RainnellLynnMitarius

You clearly didn't read half of what I said or either I've expressed myself incorrectly.

Where in this:
    Make suggestions and be a better human being rather than to chastise at the few individuals that are willing to bring our voice to higher grounds rather than refusing us at the door. They are Messengers with knowledge of the game they love to play, nothing more, nothing less.

Tell's you that I've said to not make suggestions? I said to treat people like human beings and to be less aggravating over attack someone personally. Not that you need to answer either, as I was simply making a point that clearly you've stopped reading after the first two lines. Which is fine, I'd understand not everyone likes to read a full post when their views or opinions differ from their own. So I'll respect your point of view and be better about it than you objectively taking my whole post wrongly.

Also, I am very aware now that Ambassadors aren't the player's representatives. They are mostly Librarians taking in suggestions and compiling them neatly for perhaps an easier way to advocate on what is going on in NA. Still doesn't mean this thread shouldn't have been voiced better and in a more tasteful way.

(P.S I added to my original post to make it clearer on what I've tried to voice, also to add to my own errors and lack of knowledge over what an Ambassador truly is.)

#114 RainnellLynnMitarius, Jun 8, 2020
  15. RainnellLynnMitarius

Thank you for answering nicely! I myself was made aware that Ambassadors were mostly "compiling" Suggestions rather than truly being representative of the community. It was in my own misunderstanding of the title and I was objectively wrong and I'm willing to admit it! Given It did lead to confusion.

Ben Phoenix and Allan1985 like this.
  16. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

I don’t mean to attack Andaro or the Ambassadors there, but rather to point a general confusion I’ve witnessed many times on this forum:

Several times I have seen players assuming Andaro’s statements on many topics were official statements by Kakao. Mostly because this « Ambassador » title is quite obscure in its meaning and people assume this might be a title variant for a CM or even a GM.

What I would suggest is to maybe change this title to something more modest, as in simply renaming them « Librarian » or « Benevolent Ambassador ». (I’m sure there are better ideas out there).

17. Ben Phoenix

I actually read everything so I guess I misunderstood that part or not sure what happened there.

I don't agree on the fact that OP simply made a poll without actually explaining why he doesn't think @Andaro can represent the community but yeah, the "be a better human being" part sounds a bit too dramatic to me.

Andaro isn't a saint, no one is here. They can be rude when they want to and also biased. Obviously they are here to be helpful, it doesn't mean they always succeed or always represent the voice of the community properly. They are human beings after all.

#117 Ben Phoenix, Jun 8, 2020
    RainnellLynnMitarius likes this.
  18. Ben Phoenix

#118 Ben Phoenix, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  19. Joungf

Some people need to relax ....
    Here is my LOTR part

Ben Phoenix, Anvorka and Andaro like this.
  20. Findubar

I can do you one better:

Ben Phoenix and Joungf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.