1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response No confidence vote on Andaro

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deyric, Jun 6, 2020.

?

Do you feel Andaro represents you as game Ambassador

1. Yes Andaro represents me and is a good Ambassador.

53 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. No Andaro does not represent me and has failed at their position.

56 vote(s)
    51.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

you are posting 5 answers in a row... thats a very own definition of being special.

2. Beeso

Librarian eh..

[​IMG]

..And since we are talking about our favourite LOTR stuff heres mine:

#122 Beeso, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Ben Phoenix and Joungf like this.
  3. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

I dont have anything against Ambassadors personally, but sometimes they try to counter legitimate criticisms towards Kekao/PA or the game, they show up and try to downplay it with ''this is how its ment to be'' or ''thats how devs envisioned it'' etc. but we never see support towards those complaints. They are there whenever Kekao/PA needs to be defended.

Anyway;

-What is the point of the Community Manager if its the Ambassadors who interacts with us insead?
    -If the Ambassadors are ment to be the ones who represent the playerbase to the dev team, then they aren't MY Ambassador. I didn't get to vote for a representative and I don't accept being represented by someone I don't know about unless its the Community Manager, becouse those come by default and their sole purpose is... you know... managing the community.

You can't just spawn a representative out of nowere. Kekao should've given the community the options, there would be a vote and people would have to suck it up becouse a general vote that decided the outcome of whom should represent the community.

That is why I don't accept any of the ambassadors to represent me. Does my opinion matter about this? Absolutely not becouse nothing's going to change anyway.

#123 Lady Arisha, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    woots, FairlyEnjoyable and MisterJoy like this.
  4. Ben Phoenix

I want a Librarian class that defeats its opponent with the Power of Knowledge. It would be cool if it looked like the guy in the picture :P

Joungf likes this.
  5. Beeso

That is Deckard cain from thr diablo games. To play him all you have to do is play heroes of the storm, because he fits what you described exactly.

Joungf and Ben Phoenix like this.
  6. woots

exactly, and they certainly do that on purpose, and all his "company pro" / always (try) defending the game ( doesnt matter how it shouldnt be defended ) is certainly, and without much doubt one of his directive.

7. Ben Phoenix

lol is he? Cool drawing =)

8. Andaro

Ambassador

I believe there is a semantical misunderstanding of our use of the word "represent" , and I apologize that even though we have tried to clarify this many times, it appears that I have failed in ensuring that clarity.

When it was said before, due to conversation, that "we represent you to Kakao, and not the other way around", it was not in the context that "we speak for you". It was meant in the context of "we present what the collective voices have voted through our approved polling and and survey process".

We do not speak directly to PA(devs), even though some PA staff are present in our Library Discord and our Main Index has direct viewership of the devs, when they choose to go spelunking through it.

We present our findings and collections to the Kakao CMs and staff, and they take it from there. As mentioned in our Mission Statement, located in our pinned topic in the suggestions sub-forum, players represent themselves and their views independently.and collectively via the surveys and polls that we publish, (Meaning your votes on ideas, suggestions, and proposals).

It is also mentioned in said topic, as Rhotaaz mentioned, that Library is not the only avenue or place that feedback is collected, but an "additional" method. The CMs and Staff still review the forums, reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and multiple discords which they are members of.

Library process revolves around taking a subject and developing a series of questions related to that subject and aggregating the votes to create a value feedback metric on a large enough scale so that the overall community opinion can be quickly seen in an effective manner. -Does this mean that our surveys or polls represent the entire community? No certainly not, as for that to be possible, we would have have poll sample sizes in the tens of thousands rather than the thousands that we have currently achieved due to your support.

So, to say "I, Andaro, or Ambassadors, speak for you" is a misconception and miscontruance of what is meant. You represent yourselves; we merely provide a well organized community ran platform for you to do so, if you so choose.

I hope that sheds some light on the matter, but if not I am happy to answer any other questions ^_^

PS. It is our hopes that as many players show up to vote as possible and voice their opinions through our polls and surveys, because without you they hold no weight; and to not voice your opinion on the many ideas that flow through our process would be a sadly missed opportunity since they are based on what players what and write about.

#128 Andaro, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  9. Deyric

Just because they already know what is going on. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be reinforced by you by passing on the same information.
    And no, they don't already have "it" being specific community gathered information. You said yourself you didn't bother sending it because they already know.
    So which is it, you didn't send it so they don't have 'it' they do? You can't have it both ways.

You are playing BS weasel word games now to makes excuses.

FairlyEnjoyable and Life2v like this.
  10. Beeso

A few good ambassadors..

hehe

Andaro likes this.
  11. Astriaj

He’s not doing his job.

He bullies people and is only interested in relaying feedback he wants to personally see in game. He’s not speaking for the community. He tells Kakao what *he* wants implemented.

I’ve had multiple friends who nearly quit BDO due to his interactions with them.

Two did actually quit.

How a company treats their players is important. No one wants to give their $ or support a company who mistreats them.

Paid or not, his disrespect and condescending remarks only result in players quitting BDO.

He’s a reflection of the company if he’s their chosen bridge between devs and players.

#131 Astriaj, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Deyric and Ashenvall like this.
  12. Vorkrunne

I've added ideas to the suggestion forums before.

If he doesn't like them, he replies back in a derogatory fashion. Completely uncalled for to be picking fights with players for no reason. It's as if he enjoys the "power" that he has and abuses it.

I stopped adding in ideas to the suggestion forums due to Andaro tearing me down and making me feel awful for posting anything.

I wouldn't even care that he's awful to us if he still relayed ideas, but he doesn't. He's on his own independent agenda.

For a while, we had surveys/votes on what we wanted in the game. That has been gone for a while. Does anyone know why that stopped? Have the monthly polls been hidden somewhere and I missed them?

Deyric likes this.
  13. Minarya

Minarya DarkKnight 63 EU
    Ambassador

These polls have been delayed due to the whole virus issue. All of our lives were impacted by it, and didnt allow the poll writers to spend enough time to actually make a well put together poll in the time. However, the library is curretnly in collection mode, aka we are collecting idea which we will be putting in the polls at a later point in time. You can check out the specific issues we are currently taking organised feedback on (in addition to the permanent feedback form that is open to all ideas) on the library discord here: https://discord.gg/WsJpAMg
    As a short update on the polls, 3 are currently being worked on and should be available soon, as the situation, and thus our lives, has relaxed a bit and allowed more time to be invested in the library and its activities. So no worries, the polls will be back soon :D

14. Dalenos

[​IMG]

Yup he is just here to be PA's shill

Deyric likes this.
  15. Ippotsuko

16. Sheraon

No.
    In my opinion he sympathizes with trolls and a little bittered with playerbase :D if PA are paying this man for this I suggest to change him.

For example, and always in my opinion, he have more negative votes than positives, if in one store a store dependent have more negative reviews from customers than positives all we know what happen to him so I think this should be the same XO

https://community.blackdesertonline...rience-by-megaphone-attention-spoiler.524600/

Attached Files:

#136 Sheraon, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Deyric likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.