1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Free Character slot again

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Martis, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Mimimimi

buying underwear for any character is weird enough xD

2. shidoxen

Depends on the underwear. [V PEN: Pink Tentacle]

3. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

Thanks for the business lesson. PA is doing just fine

Shai costumes, weight increases, and a myriad of other pearl shop items to deck out the new alt and mount will pay for shai development 100-fold.
    You're not fooling anyone.

Observation: I think it's hilarious that the players who insist that topics like these are non-issues always have the longest posts. If you don't care about an issue, why do you spend so much time obsessing over it? Does PA pay the white knight brigade per character?

Dan Hot and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. zhagsten

Well yeah, they're basically pushing a separate sale with an abusive "oh btw, your default underwear doesn't fit your new outfit, and we somehow couldn't change the appearance of your underwear when wearing an outfit, right? So... it'll be $7 more."

5. Inertia

What are you getting at? Would you prefer an ad stop your gameplay every 5 minutes? How about everytime you goto character selection theres a 30 second video for you to watch? Im missing your point, probably because there wasnt one. PA is making profit just fine with their design and Im perfectly ok with that. They provide me a service and I provide them with money for that service.

Observation, I think its hilarious that being reasonable makes you a "white knight."

#185 Inertia, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2019
  6. 2Cents

You can never afford it. If it's easy-p-z not a thang dawg then RAISE THE PRICE UNTIL YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT. This is a business dawg it's all about the money G.

Lets get out those $25,000 Star Citizen ships and really get things rolling.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. zhagsten

You are dishonest with yourself, that's all. You know very well that there are better models, but you don't want to admit it so you look for worse example. Whatever. Bath in mediocrity in fear it could be worse. Go on, be the apologist of bad practice.

8. Paradat

Purchased 10$ that I was not planning on doing at this time....… Well played BDO well played.

9. Stilgar

You can't even understand the point. Keep believing the item costs 180 pearls.

Dan Hot likes this.
  10. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Right now item cost 180pearls, yes minimum amount you can buy is 1k and its equal to 10$, if you don't have 200 leftover, or spend 10$ on a game for new content isn't acceptable for you, conceder to change game. Also how about you work for free ? Is that sounds good for you ? Go design new stuff and give it away for free in hope that there is someone "rich" gonna pay you for all those freeloaders you had to provide with content for free.

11. Ralix Tanner

Holy **** i completely forgot that they release content at break neck speeds while only charging $5 for the base

actually you're being clueless. everyone her gets what youre trying to say about the minimum of pearls you can buy at a time however you fail to realize that youre still left with pearls to use on other things.

yes actually, we're paid in pearls, we're all aiming for 180. Best WK gets a promotion that comes with a bonus of 1 additional character slot. isn't it grand!?

#191 Ralix Tanner, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
  12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

So true but people are still unaware of the psychological profiling and manipulation that is going on in today's gaming in regard to getting people to spend money.

13. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

You have guespasses. Give them out to friends and let them level them to 40. 500 loyalty per guest pass.

Ask a friend to level 9 of them, that’s 4500 loyalty.

14. Vanadiel

I think many who replied here fail to understand what this is about.
    This is not about the measly $2 for a character slot, or the 5,000 loyalty points for a "free" slot.

This is about principle. Why should you have to pay for a character slot, in this game or any other game?
    For a game that receives the majority of its revenue from a cash shop, it's in their best business interest to allow costumers to play as many classes as they like.

This will be the first time in my +3 years of playing BDO I will not be participating in the new class events. Because of principle. Could not care less about the $10.

15. magret

in other games i pay my slots, but costumes/CS stuff are shared between characters (and don't cost 30 bucks at all btw).

Dan Hot likes this.
  16. Stilgar

I've paid around 1800€ in this game and i've been playing since the official release, you still don't get the point. But i really dont' care to make you or anyone else understand what me and others are talking about. Its somewhat pointless anyway.

17. Deyric

I don't want to delete one of my characters. Most games don't do this, hell even this game didn't at the start.

Dan Hot and VasilisD like this.
  18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

The only people who are triggered by this are people who can't afford to spend 10$ every 3 years on a product they can benefit from 24/7 free of charge.

#198 Smileybones, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2019
    Ventesa and Aelisah like this.
  19. Ralix Tanner

most games have a cap on the number of slots you can get for free and require you buy more to play new classes. some do promotional stuff where they give a free slot, but most don't.

Aelisah and Smileybones like this.
  20. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The people that are complaining no doubt have spent far more than that over their time in the game. I have only been playing since February and I have spent over 100 dollars already and I am complaining about this because they have given other players loyalty slots in the past but I as a new player have to pay for the new class. I do not have 17 slots and I have already purchased some. I will not buy one for the Shai and if I make one it will be at the expense of one of my lower level alt.

Dan Hot, 2Cents and GreyRebel like this.