1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Node investment changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Soulscar, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Soulscar

For the life of me I cant find any tangible information on the drop chance changes to node investment.

It now says 5-50% drop chance increase but you only have a 10% chance to receive this drop chance increase upon killing monster.

What is that supposed to mean? Does it mean every time we kill 1 in 10 monsters we get a 50% drop chance off one monster? Does it mean we have to kill monsters and after some RNG we get a 50% drop chance for a time before it resets a timer?

If it is one in 10 monsters then a level 10 node would net you an RNG based 5% total drop chance increase. Which is in effect half of what it was before these chances.

Now energy is a finite resource which is required to obtain sharp/hard stones as the MP is complete trash.

I cannot confirm or test this because drop chances are inconsistent at the best of times.

Can anyone please help?

2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

for every level you gain a 5% dropchance. so a level 10 node gives 50% on 10% of the mobs u kill.
    they even explained that the 10% here means EVERY 10th MOB you kill has a 50% increased dropchance.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  3. LightningFFXIII-4

Node investment is not worth your energy. You're better off using it killing sheep and skinning them for hards/sharps.

warriors and Julohr like this.
  4. Pretzels1078

Agreed, I only use energy in a node if I don't have the time to use it then u just throw it in a node so its not sitting at cap

Hangfire and Ginrei like this.
  5. Soulscar

Thanks, I was just hoping the 50% drop rate was permanent once you started grinding in the node area. Strange really considering the monumental amount of investment required for a lv10 node.

Thanks for the replies.

6. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Monumental? Far from it. You have a bunch of free energy characters just sitting there you can just pump energy from into nodes you desire. Its more worth it now ontop of the increased drop % from knowledge + the nodes actually doing something now. Even if its just every 10th mob its still 50% chance.

7. Soulscar

5% average drop chance is better than nothing once I have finished upgrading my gear. Sadly my gear always requires upgrading as my RNG is particularly bad. If it was a flat 50% drop chance then I would make an effort but it can wait for now.

I wasn't saying it was worthless just that energy priority for the moment is completely focused on gathering due to the sharp/hard shortage.

8. Escapism

just throwing this out there:

10% chance per kill to get 50% loot increase is better on average than just a flat 5% loot increase on every mob. Reasons for that are less rounding errors for silver + trash drops and especially with all the other loot buffs available now (+20% knowledge, +20% kama blessing, +50% item drop scroll), items that are somewhat rare, but not too rare, like scrolls + books, will get far more noticeable droprates on those 10% mobs, than if it was just flat low % increase on every mob.

RoakOriginal likes this.
  9. Scythelike

Its time to count every 10th mob until I bash a gahaz miniboss for a serap's necklace, understood! :D

10. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I leveled my Desert Naga node to 10 and with the 7% Knowledge increase, you absolutely can tell a difference. Leveling nodes isn't a waste any longer.

11. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

A 50% increase on .0001% chance on the "jackpot" items isnt much of an increase at all.

12. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

I have noticed I'm getting more green weapon drops in valencia on the nodes I've invested in. Enough of them that I kinda regret investing because it makes inventory management an issue -.-

Dethla Hadyn likes this.
  13. Dethla Hadyn

True. But green weapons even though more plentiful, for me still go to the same place...the trash can. I found that I can't grind the same valencia spots anymore, everything dies waay too easy, makes for a boring gaming experience. It's funny how valencia has turned into the new sausans/pirates, but better. It's all good, just saying..

14. 2Cents

I see a lot of casuals have responded, now lets have a look at this from a Hardcore Gamer perspective.........

The node investment is a massive boost over time. Sure, on a single grind it will blend into the RNG, but after spending 1,000's of hours in an area the investment will pay off. Especially in end game areas.

15. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Its still more then before the node investment was working. Dont use it then lol.

16. Randodom

Randodom Kunoichi 49 EU

Sell the node and buy it back. It's back to level 0 now. (unless they changed it)