1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Node system and wayshrines

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChuckyPayne, Aug 20, 2020.

1. ChuckyPayne

Until this game, I thank wasting time mechanism there are in monthly fee games but here much more almost every part of the game, but now I sta on topic: wayshrines. So much traveling between playing, to me not playing the afk playing.

I would like use wayshrines like in other MMO-s, If I have 2 hour to play I don't want to spend 30 minutes with horse riding etc.

But every game want to be unique, then do some unique here with wayshrines pls.
    - Every major cities has a wayshrine
    - You need unlock it, 30% of quests need to be done in that zone
    - You can TP between shrines if you have connection between cities (nodes).
    - You need pay in-game money for TP, maybe 10 000 silvers?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  2. Mimimimi

in interviews the devs have always expressed that they don't want fast travel in the game. get a T8 horse + manos riding crop and you'll be good.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

The only way I see wayshrines working like that is if you are the controlling guild for that node. And you can travel to other guilds nodes in your alliance.
    Pretty much turning them into your town portal for escape purposes, or a nice perk for winning a node war.

Other then that, the devs have stated they wish to avoid it cause it kills the Massively multiplayer community aspect.
    I call BS, cause P2w does that not fast travel.

4. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I wish people would just stop coming from other MMO's to BDO and trying to make it like every other MMO out there. The whole reason most people who love this game love it, is because it is NOT like every other MMO out there...

ShenmiHua likes this.
  5. ShenmiHua

When MMOs add instant travel the majority of the world ceases to have any purpose or life. As it has been said, BDO is nice specifically because it is different. I personally love no instant travel, plus it is what makes having a fast horse highly desirable.

Chaos Ronin, onaco and Jinoro like this.
  6. Kiri_Dar

I like the no fast travel. The sky balloons was a nice touch to give you stress free travel between some cities(wish they expand it). Also you have alts and the transport toons between towns. Just plan what you want to do next time on before logging out and send you main near the area through transport.