1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Node War Exploit

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BuShiDo, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Mjollnir

Hard to define this exploit, aside the niptick on the 15m cooldown, but what if the other GM actually waited 15m ?

Learn from it, CTG is one of the strongest skills a guild may have.

What about your fort in-defence ? When an entire guild gets in, it's flamethrowers' best time, unless too confident in the positioning atop the mountains you forgot to put them.. (and that would be even a worst error than not foreseeing a CTG in your base).

Next time will be better.

YajStylez likes this.
  2. Lystra

Lystra IaIatina Wizard 62 EU

I don't think you grasp the difference between usage of in-game mechanic and exploiting.

There was 15 min CD, but for GM only. It was the GM who went on different channel and as soon as he could change again he switched and immediately teleported everyone to that place = Legit usage of ingame mechanic, no exploiting.

Also if you feel you encounter an ingame exploit do raise Support Ticket rather than addressing people on forums.

UltraRed, Kyouki and YajStylez like this.
  3. Vynda

could be the guildleader-teleporting-skill and not just "server hopping"

4. Asami

Lol channel changing isn't an exploit. Guild I am in does this every other node war. You can do it as well.

5. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

This is not an exploit but rather a clever technique. The GM merely waits on another channel until the fort is discovered, then swaps to the channel and issues command. Well known for a very long time as an effective strategy, just not widely known apparently. Good day.

Sizer likes this.
  6. Karnstein

Clever Girl.

7. Suh

Suh Sorceress 62 EU

- There's no CD for entering a chan at war, even if you come from another chan at war. It's intended to allow people to leave the area if they do not belong to the war. Only exploitable for gathering at best.
    - If you enter a chan at war while being in the NW area, you're teleported to a city.

So, no? I even wonder how people come with things like "it already happened to us". The only interesting switch you can do during a NW, is actually 30s before the NW starts, since you won't get TP'd and can pop in a handy place, but that's a one trick pony.

Worst case scenario, you put your fort close to the limit of the NW, and the other GM was able to switch there, but that's something you can normally avoid if you're careful with placement. Either way, he couldn't do it on top of your fort.

Though admitting it really happened the way you described it, I would send a ticket in case of.

#27 Suh, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  8. Concubine

I would consider this a bug.
    I would send a ticket to the CM's and hope a fix is implemented.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  9. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

so you're saying they took 15minutes off while being in ANOTHER CHANNEL leaving their base open and you couln'd destroy their base ?

yeah , you wouln'd have win eitherway.

while being a quite clever tactics , this is a **** ton risky.

10. FoxGod

FoxGod FoxGod Tamer 61 NA

This has been a thing since node wars started in KR. If it's been this long and still in the game, it says to me that Pearl is fine with it and doesn't consider it an exploit, much like overstacking horses.

11. Spartakatz

a proper solution to this would be, you can't spawn in siege territory, you have to run there yourself. whenever you login or switch channel and would spawn in siege territory, your char must be teleported out.

that's how it works in similar games.

12. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

They are saying there was no 15 min cool down on the channel change restriction because they changed to another node wars channel. Changing between them during node wars time has no cool down and does not teleport you to the city.

Either it should be spawning them at the city after swapping, or there should still be a 15 min cool down between channel changes.

This is an exploit/bug.

13. Morwath

Morwath Blatov Archer EU

"Legit usage of ingame mechanics" or "clever usage of ingame mechanics" to bypass other game mechanics in unintended way, because you won't tell me PA designed game so your GM could channel hop to magicaly teleport assault squad to enemy base during NW, is exacly what exploiting is. It's not different to what Nagas did, they used game mechanics in clever way to ruin BB day... and it was obvious exploiting.

I think they should suspend every person who did so for 72 hours.

Evil Wood likes this.
  14. Moroku

I think someone's a little butt-hurt they won't be getting their node payment this week.

15. jarvs

YOUR ARGUMENT DOESN'T MATCH MINE, YOU MUST BE TROLLING!!!!

16. Vanwaros

Sorry you lost, have better defense next time.

17. Sandpit_

We once fought a guild who were exploiting the mountain top location. Because of that we don't contest that node area and we certainly would never do that ourselves until the devs fix those exploitable map locations. I am really pleased someone found a way to beat this shitty exploit by switching channels, they were defeated in an honest battle by OPs exploit and found a way to stuff them. Well done them, glad the terrain exploiters were stuffed.

18. Claydough

Sounds like you got out played and are salty because you thought you had an automatic win because of you 'questionable' base placment

What exactally were you doing in the 15 minutes that there wasnt a single player to fight?

19. BuShiDo

Let me be clear things up for some folks who aren't getting it.

1. Our Fort was hard to get to NOT impossible to get to. In my initial post I did say they eventually reached us but got wiped. So the idea that we're using a terrain exploit is assumed nonsense. Please read before commenting.
    2. From the moment they initially got wiped to the moment they "magically" returned in even greater numbers was about 5 min. This tells me they've somehow bypass any channel change restrictions when they all re-appeared out of thin air exactly on your fort.
    3. I was on the base and I didn't see the enemy GM by himself teleporting his folks in. I simply saw them all appearing as if they're just logging into the game.
    4. A ticket was already issued before this thread was created.
    5. Our fort had defenses albeit not a full complement of people because of the spot we chose. Our main attack force had already left to attack their base after wiping the enemy's earlier assault on us. They outnumbered us greatly anyways so our fort location provided somewhat of a balancing effect until their GM did the exploit.

#39 BuShiDo, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    flukeSG2 likes this.
  20. Sandpit_

So you know you could not win the NW, but you are salty because you couldn't prevent someone else winning it?