1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] Accelerated Maintenance for NA & EU

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Aethon, Apr 26, 2018.

1. peanut777

Not many people will wait 48 hours, they get back on steam and get involved with another video game, and they get hooked on that. You'll see a decent chunk of bdo players wandered off from this disconnect of routine, every game publisher knows this, and there is nothing worse for a game than a disconnect, not p2w, not super crappy servers, not hacking and cheating, its a lengthy disconnect that serves up the most extreme budget blow to a player base and or nerfing ... and from then its a slow inch by inch death over a year or more. This is a really big fukup

I'm not annoyed i cant play a few days, im annoyed because so many people who fill up the cities and buy my cron meals and just give the game a wage base for devs and gms will be off playing some featured game on steam .... every dev of other games are posting killer killer deals today for that purpose

They should have hired much more serious caring staff, the staff of this game just wing stuff and usually fail, like every single time.. like you can be absolutly sure this game is not launching in 4 hours from now as they have clearly said on their maintance notes. We will be lucky to be playing within 24 hours and thats just based on their history and that will serve up a big big blow forever to this games player base and profit.

2. XSkinnyx

LOL that meme though!! haha

3. crosspath

"Maintenance will conclude at:
    April 26th, 2018 @ 2:00 AM PDT
    April 26th, 2018 @ 5:00 AM EDT
    April 26th, 2018 @ 11:00 AM CEST
    April 26th, 2018 @ 9:00 AM UTC"

I wonder when will it start in EU... Giving the ending time but not the starting one...

4. Zaiil

I'm cool with this. I would like to order GM Blessing and more Koi please, k thx! :D

5. kaithuzar

They probably don't have a redundant HA pair (high availability) setup. For next time guys ;)
    https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Verticals/EttF/EttFDIG/ch6_EttF.pdf

6. VaygrEmpire

As a compensation for this maintenance, please extend Koi event by another week please. I'm sure everyone will love this idea. I need to hit 1000 Koi please.

Zaiil and XSkinnyx like this.
  7. Deadly_Poison

Now the next step is to add the new expansion and the caphras system, and ... a ****ing penguin for compensation xD

Rosedunn likes this.
  8. Debra

Seriously, it took them over 8 hours to say anything but, its extended 2 more hours, how is this transparency? And no one noted that since patches are usually 5 hours, they actually added the 2 hours they have been adding all day....haha!

9. peanut777

nope, no one gives a s1hit actually or even reads it ... we live in a world where you either server up the food when a customer is hungry or you lose a customer. Granted there are always a few old dudes in any cafe sitting sipping coffee, but that doesn't keep the lights on.

10. Mystilass

Good job guys, keep the momentum going + keep us updated!
    Hmm thinks compensation...Lost 2 days in my case. With the severe LAG causing character death and unobtainable loot.
    30 day 100% exp like KR - Is due and expected already.
    Lost Koi - A replenishment of the abundancy of the lake, extended Koi event with the added Laila's Petal, It would be nice to receive Koi for those lost and maybe a T3 Fairy would be awesome.

Cheers with a Koi :P

11. Shadow8125

Good work folks.
    I know the pain you are going thru.
    Would rather the game be good than to log in and need a patch because you didn't take the time to log in and see how it work.

12. CannyOne

If he/she is going to Stroke Out and survive he/she should have to good sense to do it in public so someone can see he/she keel over and call and EMT. Otherwise their demise is totally on them...

13. Omegaschaos

Yes please. I haven't even got to do it yet :(

Zaiil likes this.
  14. AlderLacertosus

This thread's starting to get weird. . . i'm just gonna go and wish the team luck and I hope you guys will get some rest after this. . .Christ. . .

Rosedunn, toads and C☢mplex like this.
  15. Tsuninight

I would personally love some tree armor lol So how about 50 shakatu seals since I'm sure not everyone wants the same thing and that would let ppl choose.

Jena and Cloudaye like this.
  16. C☢mplex

Thanks BDO staff, I'm excited to play on some smoother servers!
    As for all this whinging about extended wait for maintainence, seems a bit petty really.
    :)

Rosedunn likes this.
  17. NeoX

The fact that we as a community are being updated and informed of the status of current Maintenance shows good initiative. It is far and few that publishers and developers reach out during long periods of Downtime. This to me is far more important than the actual maintenance. You have not made excuses, or promises that have not been met or forgotten. We as a community can be proud of the steps you have taken to ensure we get the best experience.

18. Concubine

"accelerated"

19. Gash

Adding an extra STFU to the retardo fanboi who says no compensation needed. Any other MMO would have had an update on the extended delay way sooner, especially if it was going to be a greater than 24 hour period (midnight thru a day to 2pm the following day), and had some solid compensations lined up (ie: title, pearls, pet, etc).

Edit: because my quote isn't working.

20. DonnieD

Tell us servers are going down for 24-48 hours, put them up in less time makes it look like u guys did awesome.... Tell us servers down for 10 hours then add a bunch of 2 hour extensions then another 7 hours looks like a bunch of garbage