1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] Accelerated Maintenance for NA & EU

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Aethon, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Jacqueline_Rage

maybe some T4 T3 fairys... :d would be nice ive opened so many over 50 due to grinding and them droping but the rng for the box just sucks all i got was t1 and got lucky with a t2 lol

Rosedunn likes this.
  2. Pep_Pur

If we wore this Pup would have us all in his private office.

Lemon Crush likes this.
  3. sparhawk29

posing in the mirror again?

4. Icemasta

Oh god I'd love that.

5. NitroViper

Same, itll give some of us a boost!!

6. planner

Thank you for the renown system it's great . You guys are doing great things for the game

7. Zurcha

Its ALL good. This is NOTHING compared to AA Major updates or server merges. Get it done right and ignore the trash talk from the asshats.

8. shhfiftyfive

i'm just going to need a couple more hours to process this information!

Zaiil likes this.
  9. LilithDragonFlower

Okay I am confused about something???

Your Team has been working through the night, wait is BDO hosted on servers actually owned by "Pearl Abyss" or "Daum Games" or are these people just sitting in an office trying to copy data from one data server to another data server at a different location which obviously I do not think the people from this game are physically at the data center itself or it should be done within minutes lol...

> Are you sure they might not be at the Data Center trying to put an AMD intel an Intel socket or something ^-^, or perhaps installed the CPU without the Thermal Compound because the intel CPU don't actually tell you to put thermal compound, and the whole thing kept crashing?

So if the team is actually trying to copy Data from one server to another there would be no actual need to have (DOWN TIME) at all (Except for the fact the company wants to save money) True Fact, in fact there is no need to have any down time because the servers going down every week could easily have two different servers (Live Servers) & (BackUp Servers) and the one not being played on by the players is what is updated, and swapped between two different servers so there is ZERO down-time.

But obviously being Daum, and or Pearl Abyss they want to save money so they take the servers offline...

Yeah, Copying Data from one server to another is very hard hmmm, perhaps if Black Desert Online was coded in a good way server side it would be very easy to sort through (Player Data) and (Server Side code required to run the actual game.) Which brings me to the point I wonder what kind of raid array or setup is being used to run the game and load player data from server to client.

Hopefully this time its GRADE A Servers, not the ones the server providers spilled coffee on, or work for the bad guys placing hidden server sticks in the ethernet ports and stuff.

While we are at it is there a place I can view Duam / Pearl Abyss profit numbers and actual server costs / server specifications, I wonder if they are run on Intel or AMD Chipsets.

Ecxdirerr likes this.
  10. Eigengrau

Keep up the good work!

Omegaschaos likes this.
  11. HeliosGaming

I'll bet it.

12. XSkinnyx

i read on the forums that they were getting ddos'ed. so thats prob why the data couldnt be transferred. not sure exactly, only speculation.

13. toads

Thank you for keeping us in the light during this process. Appreciate the hard work!

Can't wait to get back to the game, whenever it's ready!

Wafflycarp and Omegaschaos like this.
  14. Binh Ngo

so we have to wait another 7 hours because of the regular maintenance

15. MindsEye

Server migrations are no joke. I feel for you guys. Excited for good results! Keep up the great work! <3

Wafflycarp likes this.
  16. Parilee

Parilee Badgirl Maehwa NA

finally ... doing patch right after completed server migration makes sense. now i can call it a night and stop reading all this salt and negativity, cuz ya'll getting on my last nerve.

leocrackshead.gif

j/k

i luv all you's guyz!! see you ingame tomorrow.

QueryEverything and XSkinnyx like this.
  17. ConGie

This is the most communication I feel we've ever had from you guys and I want you to know I am very thankful for it. Keep up the good work and have a good rest of your day.

18. Ligmenarxis

inb4 kakao runs back to leaseweb j/k

19. Warager

I've been online gaming since D2. This is probably the best communication of an extended downtime I've ever seen. Clear concise communication of what you are doing and why. This is 1000x better than the canned "we are sorry for your inconvenience, please hold" responses. This, imo, is the sort of communication i believe online players have been looking for from their game companies for some 15+ years. congratulations.

20. CannyOne

Uh...*speechless*