1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] - Changes made to Participation Method for Node War 02-10-2018

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 2, 2018.

1. nuhji

your little info thing forgot to include that to signup tomorrow, they also need to be on the war channel (which some guilds, like those in siege, don't give out til guilds are locked in)

2. LORDZERG

I agree we need the minimum and maximum for the nodes, we don't need to tell our guildmates to change the channel to sign up (that's just stupid)
    We need an option for officers and guild masters to sing up or remove the registrations of members. Putting a fort before registration is actually a good change you can put fort at night before the node war or at the morning and the signing up may begin.

3. HolyPancake

You guys realize that by letting officers and GM control yes/no sign ups you will basicallly let any guild with high number of members even if its not an active guild.. they could just pressyes and go to high tier nodes and therefore this whole system is irrelevant if they do that.. best fix would be leave it like it is now and just let ppl sign up untill the nw actually starts thats the only thing they need to change

4. bladie

But wouldn't the GM need to know how many people are even going to come in order to know which tier node to place on? So yea letting people sign up until node war starts wouldn't make much sense unless for high tier nodes

5. The reckon

HEY GUYS, how can we make BDO players hate us more and make the game worse?
    PA: I got the perfect idea ....

Kaijoichi likes this.
  6. Kekipi

Kekipi Lahn 62 EU

nice way to ruin the system further. do the devs even play the game....

#66 Kekipi, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  7. LORDZERG

I wanted to this but only if the player is online if he is offline should not be allowed to click yes on him. I did not want to make an inactive guild with 90 players to be able to go to 55-100 nodes, I just wanted more convenience and ease for the guilds.

8. Vern

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this as I have not read all the posts but:
    Since the last NW changes - there has been 12 nights of node wars - a total of 308 nodes have been available for Node War - of these - 24 (8%) nodes have gone uncontested and 100 (32%) nodes have been sniped (1 war participant). With each of the changes that have been made to the node war system - NW mechanics have become worse and worse- instead of better. And people are losing interest in Node wars because of the stupid mechanics. To be frank - the best node war mechanics were the first ones that came out - but various interest groups complained and moaned and groaned about those mechanics and tried to get mechanics that would benefit their guilds and not the game as a whole. All small guilds are getting left out of the equation as all the larger guilds are coming down to fight the T1 nodes at 10-25 (of the 40 nodes at T1 10-25 over the last 12 nights, 5 nodes had 10 or more participants - average guild participation in these nodes was 6.4 guilds). The larger guilds are coming to these nodes to roll over the smaller guilds - so the smaller guilds are now the ones sniping the nodes with the higher participant requirements (figure it out). Node wars is all screwed up because the vocal minority got listened to and a lot of the guilds are losing interest in node wars because 1 - there are no even match ups - small guild vs BigGameHunters or Devour (sorry guys - using you as examples - but you and other large guilds are in these lowest of Tier levels) does not have a chance and yet these are the large guilds in the T1 10-25 bracket. Why in the world would a small guild even be interested in getting steamrollered by these large guilds.
    In closing - each round of Node war changes makes Node Wars worse - from what I read of the proposed changes for tomorrow - the same theme is there - getting WORSE!

Thanks to the New NA Spreadsheet - source of the numbers I quoted.

Flixerine likes this.
  9. TeRRoRibleOne

2 days out of the castle since this change...

Sunday - Two snipe forts (ITC and Illuminati)
    Monday - One snipe forst (Illuminati)

Thanks for the awful change, wasted my time 2 days in a row thanks to stupid guilds like that.