1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] - Changes made to Participation Method for Node War 24-10-2018

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 23, 2018.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Hello, Adventurers!

Previously, we released an update which removed the minimum required number of participants for Node Wars to ease the pressures on participating in the Node Wars. We also standardized the tax share ratios to allow for more guilds to grow more evenly by reducing the deviations in tax shares obtained by the guilds in Node Wars.

However, due to the removal of the minimum participant requirements and the standardization of tax ratios between Node Tiers, we noticed there were instances of more advanced and powerful guilds participating in low tier Node Wars.

Node Wars are designed for guilds to show off their powers and unity, while also acting as a method by which guilds can secure Guild Funds to grow.

The Tier 1 Node War works as an important stepping stone for newly created guilds looking to rapidly grow as a guild. Therefore to reduce the situations where newly created guilds are matched up against overwhelming opponents, we look to applying the following new rules.

■ Changes to be Made

- Guilds occupying Tier 1 Nodes cannot participate in Tier 2 or higher Node Wars

- Guilds occupying Tier 2 or higher Nodes cannot participate in Tier 1 Node Wars

■ Implementation Date

- After the Maintenance on October 24th, 2018.

To apply the above changes, the Node Occupation Information will reset during this week’s maintenance. Also, Forts created during 10/21 through up until the maintenance on 10/24 will be removed. (However, Conquest War information and Fort/Command Post information will not reset.)

Since the taxes on Nodes can be collected immediately after a guild occupies a Node, the same amount of taxes can be obtained even after the reset.

Also, in order to participate in this week’s Conquest War on 10/27, guilds must occupy 1 Node in Tiers 3-4 after the maintenance during 10/24 through 10/26.

We will do our best to continue to provide a great Node War and Conquest War experience.

BDO Team.

Wodur, orangeman, TarkusBlack and 4 others like this.
  2. Blitzball

Just put a gear score restriction for each Node tiers if you don't want to see big guilds on T1 D:<

Masterio, M1KERO and Edremis like this.
  3. meaghs

Great call! Hopefully this keeps tier 1 guilds involved and allows newer guilds to join the fun.

Alana likes this.
  4. WindGolden

put again the possibility of applying in all the servers and the minimum number of participation in the node

Silnaer likes this.
  5. Silnaer

Can you also fix the node payment? They do most definitely not pay a % of our guild funds. All nodes that we have captured since about 1 or 2 weeks after you implemented the percental based system just give us between 700-900 million regardless of what our guild funds are. The only time we received more than 700-900 million is when we capture unoccupied nodes. The system as it is described in the patch notes seemed to work the first week but it is definitely not working anymore. So far I have had no reply on tickets about this either.

Masterio, Aimer and Husky_ like this.
  6. Vafthrudnirson

Nodes should pay better. You have like 200 SMH bot guilds generating infinite silver, yet node pay for legitimate players barely covers a guild's potion and annex costs. Who is making these decisions?

7. cofused

you guys didnt even think about those changes right? from worst to even worst . gj pleb guild wont won anything anymore :D

#7 cofused, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2018
    Masterio likes this.
  8. Irini

Who cares. Give pvp guilds even less money and you might get negative values for attendance. Fill your whole game with sea monster hunters. Cause thats where you are heading right now.

StrangeCloud and Selby like this.
  9. afurolol

Absolutely not, think for a second what that would do for guilds that have gathered funds since nodewars started. Or seamonster hunting guilds that have over hundreds of billions funds in their bank? 1 NW win would give them 50+ billion funds thus getting infinite huge payouts.

@CM Yukimura I believe that there have been a lot of complaints about guild payouts being too big, you should forward this to the developers ASAP. if you still have not done so. The damage nerf on ship ram is not enough since you can still payout every week thus getting 1,5-2 billion raw silver weekly with minimal effort compared to grinding or other lifeskilling. The limit for guild payouts should be a static number instead of percentual value so it won't matter even if you have endless amount guild funds but you can only payout 40% of 20 billion funds for example.

#9 afurolol, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    LoganSilver likes this.
  10. McClean

This was never a thing though....

LoganSilver likes this.
  11. Nalleryn

12. KonCole

-You remove the minimum participant requirements so now all the nodes are filled with snipes instead of players who want to do nodewars
    -The money that you actually give to the guilds that are participating in nodewars were always low but now are kinda not existant, especially if you keep in mind the money the players have to spend to buy the consumables required.
    -When exactly are you planning to increase the time period required for someone to join a new guild so that we stop seeing players moving from their castle holder guild to another guild and then back again and then back again and then back again and then back again......

Do you GM's actually know what the hell is happening to the nodewar situation right now or are you guys intentionally dont really care about it. Just make a freaking announcement to abandon pvp and go for sea monster hunting already.

Masterio likes this.
  13. Silnaer

You just listed the exact reason why I suspect they disabled them. I remember the % node pay working the first week, getting 1+ Billion from T1 nodes because we had 5+ Billion funds. Shortly after that all nodes suddenly got us around 800 mil. It wouldn't surprise me if they implemented the new system and incompetent as they are realized only later how broken this is combined with seamonster hunting and then they disabled it without notice. I could accept them reverting the node payment back to the way it was before the percentage stuff but what I absolutely not accept is them introducing a new system, explaining it all in patch notes, and suddenly a week or two later the system is not present at all. I assume they will never go back to the 20/23/27/30% system since it is indeed broken but the least they can do is notify us instead of these shadow changes and things not working like the patchnotes said they would.

Husky_ likes this.
  14. Nyavenger

Resilience on suicide watch

Kollateral likes this.
  15. Silnaer

Feelsbadman can't find the post anymore so I guess it never happened. Even though most people I know remember them posting a quadrillion posts about nodewar changes including the pay system. But I can't link it so I guess ill delete my post, my account, and my existence in shame.

Now i'm curious though, I assume you do nodewars, what do you think the current values are supposed to be for winning a node? From my experience (and what I heard from other guilds) all the tiers pay the same 700-900 mil unless they are unoccupied.

*edit. Never mind a guildie gave me the link https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1892
    Guess I won't have to delete my account and life in shame after all.

Husky_ likes this.
  16. McClean

If you look at the table: Rewards > Guild > Tax Share: That's the percentage of the taxes paid out to the guild, not a percentage base on guild bank funds.

Foggen likes this.
  17. MeatSaw

Wont change anything to be honest. Our guild bumped into a high tier guild on T1s twice this past week. T1s are easy payouts for these high tier guilds that require little effort since they can wipe forts in under 10 minutes...These changes only reinforce their desire to continue to place down on T1s.
    My suggestion would be to renown score lock the Nodes. No matter how high your renown score is it will be capped at, lets say 450 or 480 for a T1...That way these new players that form guilds can atleast have a chance.
    I remember back in the day the guild i was in dropped on a T1 with an Allie for the first time and got wiped by a guild that dropped on the node with 2 players, a 530 gs witch and 1 guy manning the siege. She wiped both of us but ended up losing the node to a guild that had strength in numbers, we never really node war'd after that.

18. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

The participation system hurts lesser geared players. The changes have just resulted in more guilds with fewer players and higher average GS instead of guilds with more members and lower average GS. This just makes node wars out of reach for newer players.

We have quite a few smaller T1 focused guilds with geared players that drop on T1 nodes. These guilds will continue dropping on T1 nodes as they have no incentive to go to higher tier nodes. Locking guilds into T1 won’t fix this problem.

I understand the rationale behind th participation changes. We need node wars to be accessible to more players. But the changes have just made Node wars accessible to fewer players as only geared players are generally successful. In the past, lesser geared players could join a larger guild and win nodes based on numbers.

My guild does better under the new system as we have a fair number of geared players. Moreover, half the fights we have are against weak guilds that try to snipe a higher participation node due to the number of geared smaller guilds that plant on the 25 man nodes. This means we have too many fights against weak snipe guilds. And there are fewer larger guilds since larger guilds, other than siege level guilds, are motivated to stay small and keep just their geared core. While we make more money under the new system, we have less fun. Why? 50% of our opponents are snipe guilds and another 30% are siege guilds. We have to deal with about 20% of our NWs being actually good fights where neither side just flat out dominates.

My suggested fix? Make T1 through T4 nodes with varying participation requirements (25, 55, 100, etc). Make the 25 man nodes pay 1/4th what the 100 man node does. If you are 1/4th the size and get 1/4th the pay, the pay per member is the same. This will incentivize people to not just drop into smaller guilds with more gear to stick to small T1 nodes. Perhaps T3s/T4s can be left as is due to siege implications. But T1/T2 nodes could use this change. And if people are incentivized to not drop into smaller geared guilds, competition will likely also increase for t3/T4 nodes.

The current system rewards people for dropping into small guilds and farming T1 nodes with highly geared members because T1 pay is high compared to higher tier node pay and because the pay per member is high when you have fewer members. This discrepancy needs to be fixed, and I don’t think locking guilds into t1 will fix it as the small guilds with gear can continue dominating T1s as they don’t have siege aspirations.

19. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

A full base only costs 50 mil. How many pots are you guys chugging?

20. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

You're high