1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] Enforcement for Violation of ToS

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PM Cool, Nov 11, 2017.

1. ThePeck

This is a wrong move. Datamining is a staple of other mmo's.

This isn't right, just proves you're hiding stuff not just that it violates the TOS.

As for people saying that you can't pick and choose which "exploiters" get banned. This isn't a person that concealed the info for his own benefit or disseminate it for nefarious purposes. He exposed game mechanics that we've been asking for forever and Kakao is just pissed that we now know.

ODB3698, RoninLee, Ervine and 3 others like this.
  2. Domekun

He didn't have to reverse engineer or decompile anything to access the files though? Why act like he trespassed into the source code when PA is the one who ****ed up?

nethkhadar, ODB3698, RoninLee and 7 others like this.
  3. Hypotermia

They're not uncrypted. most likely packed with client which requires unpacking of client which is against ToS. Players are not allowed to modifie gameclient in anyway and unpacking is modifying. Some information might be available without unpacking but with PA case i would assume all the information that we got from these sheets were behind packed client so stop spreading your BS

Ervine likes this.
  4. CirillaReturns

CirillaReturns KamiComplex Valkyrie 62 EU

Meanwhile botters...

Best thing he ever could have done for this game's community. It puts into perspective how much ******** there is to be found in this game, most of which we just never really could confirm properly.

Ervine, Velexia and Taj like this.
  5. Kadas

seems to me like you're the ignorant here. The only reason it was possible to datamine them this time around is because they left them that way. How about you get informed before white knighting? There was not even actual TOS violated here and he also asked them if he could divulge the information and got ignored.

I dislike blind white knighting as much as I dislike their terrible behavior.

Lil0ne, ODB3698, Edremis and 7 others like this.
  6. 2monthslatenonamesleft

You are a game developer in the 21st century. You know full well people are going to have access to this info whether you want it or not, this is common place in the industry now. If the info is there in the client, or on a disk, or whatever it WILL be known basically instantly upon release the playerbase. If it is somehow super secret important stuff (its not) then it shouldn't be in there. Otherwise it is as good as known. Penalizing people for this, especially ones not indending to cause harm, just makes you all look like jerks.

The way you've done this seems more like a petty revenge banning to me. Oddly selected in how this guy gets a permaban while actual exploiters caught (repeatedly) on video/streams get a couple days. Toxic as hell people spouting Nazi/Racist/Homophobic in chat all day? They get a matter of hours. But the guy wanting to get basic game info known? OMG! QUICK GET THE BANHAMMER OUT!

So since accessing datamined info from the client is a permaban offence, what about other sources? Why havn't you banned them? Should the guys who run the database site be permabanned? What about BDO Analytics as there is some on there as well? How about anyone who has visited the subreddit in the past few months, let alone past two days? Where is the line drawn?

But no, go ahead and try to cover it all up by banning someone for it. I'm sure this won't have any negative effect on the company's image or bottom line. It'll definitely stop people from seeing the info or using it, It's not like the Streisand effect is actually real.

#66 2monthslatenonamesleft, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Rurella, ODB3698, Ervine and 12 others like this.
  7. Novokaina

#FreeBloo

>Retarded rng enhancement system
    >Not listening to community
    >Not fixing real issues like memory fragments / mp botters
    > Banning guy who shared data that will save people tons of hours of grind

Glad i quit BDO , was looking for new Tera developers mmorpg , but when Kakao is publisher i may reconsider trying it once more ..

GG KAKAO

8. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

Thats all good & fine, But now the info players have been asking for is out there, You should share it publicly.yourself for all players now!

& if this guy is some kind of "Super Hacker" as originally claimed. then theres nothing stopping him from download BDO KR & releasing all that info.
    Best give pearl abyss the heads up they cant hide anything anymore .

Unless as stated by people i see in game chat that its your fault this happened! then openly admit to it here.

ODB3698, Souljester and Velexia like this.
  9. Yuusayn

Keep up the good work

10. OriginalConcept

Completely lacking in integrity. You guys issue a perma-ban for disseminating information but a temp ban for months of exploitation.

The only thing Kakao takes seriously is the bottom line.

nethkhadar, ODB3698, Thelemna and 6 others like this.
  11. AciD_RaiN_3

so you ban a dude for giving out data yet you dont ban proven exploiters because they stream your game. pathetic company.

nethkhadar, ODB3698, RoninLee and 5 others like this.
  12. Fraxinus

This is a joke...
    but I did not expect anything else from this Publisher+Developer.

nethkhadar, Naeomi and Taj like this.
  13. Hagakure

Just like your permaban on SenorSmoques that lasted what, a whole hour? Maybe 45 minutes before you changed it to 48 hours?

Tbh I'm ashamed of myself I didn't dispute my purchases after that, absolutely product not as described, how you gon put it in terms of service you perma-ban exploiters, then give out a temp ban instead?

Furthermore, folks spend 10 euro / dollar to 1000s of currency on this, have to jump through hoops just to find out basic info on the game that everyone pays with their money bucks to support, but **** us right? **** telling us the % chance on horse reset coupons? **** enforcing your terms of service on SenorSmoques?

Based publishers.

14. Swordy

There's no issue with memory fragments from their end.

It's called enforced scarcity. DeBeers did it with the diamond market. Essentially if you make something as rare as possible then the value of it to people will rise. And if you control the price market so that it's accessible to as many as possible, the psychological cost will rise even further. Demand will greatly outstrip supply.

Then you introduce a product that will make a single memory fragment 300% more valuable and watch it fly off the shelves.

Why do you think they keep introducing boxes that give boss drops and black stone events and stuff? You didn't think they did that to be nice did you?

This whole game is designed around monetising memory fragments. They WANT you to have boss gear.

15. Flash

Flash Thanatos Witch 62 EU

Way to go Kakao..Way to go...
    Down the hole that is.

I can't even comprehend he get a permban for this.
    I'm beginning to prefer F2p mmo's again, at least I know what I throw money at.

16. Rayin

Is amusing how many people are still talking about BB. You don't realize that you're the exactly reason of why they're not banning him, because the more you talk about him the more he will be famous. And the more people will get to know him, to follow his Twitch, to subscribe, to take a side on this matter.
    Give up already, talk when necessary, let it go when it's not, for fùck sake.

Now, back to the thread, kudos for destroying the trust of your customers with each decision, as you can play yourself around thinking that everyone in here can swallow gladly whatever crap you come with.
    There's no way to fights Koreans other than let their game die, so i really wish you'll be backfired by this kind of things, because from Kakao to Pearl Abyss, you all deserve to bite the dust for being so unrespectful towards the people that gives you money for a service that at his best is crippled by poor decisions or invasive cash shop items.
    Theorycrafting and such are fine if there's a base, i'm completely fine with hidden stats, but i'm not when an item that is supposed to have only certain stats has other (not mentioned) hidden stats or has an higher value of an item that is supposed to be BiS for his "grade" that you created in order to categorize rare - and supposedly stronger - items that therefore should be better even if only by a small margin.

Rurella likes this.
  17. Swordy

Right click-> Copy

Right click-> Paste File

Unpack Pasted File.

At no point did they modify the game client.

Velexia and Dunkleosteus like this.
  18. Shonura

Shonura Exxss Tamer 61 EU

#FreeBloo

19. Tanaros

If you stopped being so ridiculous going all out in trying to hide every single stat in the game people wouldn't need or have the urge to data mine anything. You're hosting a game in Europe where nobody even considers hidden stats to be viable yet you're demanding on it.
    Suppose you didn't learn from the Health RNG when that came out in the public and are running blind and on unprofessional assumptions once more.

You're too late though, all data is out there in the public and there's nothing you can do about it to take it back.

20. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

The RnG behind marketplace bids, the botters the whole thing with Boques, the giving out of free stuff to friends of the GMs, the lies of no subscription, the "hedgehog" pet, the tantalizing amounts of Pay for Convenience items, the number of imbalances, the poor customer service of griefers and people who are harassing players both in-game and out irl, the number of poor choices made, the failure of upholding integrity.....

Why haven't we all just boycotted these guys? They're only gonna keep shafting us if we as a community, the gamers, us, the people, keep playing their game. Buying their ****. Giving them a number to keep this game alive. Giving this game another 3 years to fix its problems otherwise it really will just end up in a decaying state. Probably with numbers around LOTR or Fiesta. Significantly less than TERA. Blade and Soul and Revelation online may seem like better go to's now that this company screwed up in the west.

Sadly, you know what they could do...is just shut the game down in the west and not give a shiet about us. They already took the money we gave them.
    Just milking us all out basically. Drip feeding us content for a game that was "Complete" from the start. Yeah. This game is basically feels like a forever closed beta game that hasn't even released everything yet, one of those early access pieces of trash.

Rurella and nethkhadar like this.