1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] NA Connection Issues [Update: 11/17 | 18:11 UTC]:

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, Nov 3, 2017.

1. CM Aethon

Community Manager

Update [11/17 | 18:11 UTC]:

Greetings Adventurers,

Our team has heard your concerns loud and clear, we understand and share your frustrations with the current lag and disconnection issues many of you are experiencing. From the onset of this issue our Technical Team has placed this as the highest priority to resolve.

Many of the adjustments we have applied, improved but ultimately have failed to address the issue in its entirety. We are checking each region’s data center network status, analyzing the network status and client logs of those who have reported having issues, applying multiple patches to try and solve the problems at hand.

We have been working around the clock with the combined efforts of both our European and North American teams. During this, we have identified there is fact an issue being experienced by primarily North & South American players. Unfortunately, the results of our investigation do not point to a single easy solution to isolate and fix the problem.

Like you, we would like to address this issue quickly. In order to do so, we would like to ask you for your continued assistance. Please continue to fill out reports of any latency and disconnection issues you may encounter. Submission of your information has been immensely helpful in assisting us while we work to untangle this complex and often dynamic issue.

To expedite this process, please be sure to include the following info when submitting a ticket to Customer Support:
    • Title: NA Latency or NA Disconnections (depending on the situation).
    • IP Address
    • WinMTR Log
    • Client Log
    • A brief explanation of the problem you are having (e.g. What you were doing when the issue occurred, if you are having multiple instances of the same issue, at what interval is it occurring)
    • Important: make sure to include the word #nalatency in your ticket title or message.
    You can download WinMTR from this link:
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205838589/WinMTR.exe
    1. In Host, input the following IP: 209.58.130.81
    2. Uncheck the Resolve names setting in the Options menu.
    3. Press Start.
    4. Log into the game and let WinMTR run until you are disconnected or the game becomes unresponsive (in general, 5 minutes of total run time should be enough).
    5. Stop WinMTR and press Export TEXT. Save to a convenient place that you can find and access with ease.
    6. Attach the exported file in the ticket.
    1. Navigate to your installation directory. You can do so swiftly by right-clicking on your Black Desert Online Launcher shortcut and pressing Open file location.
    2. Sort the files by pressing the Date modified column on your Windows File Explorer.
    3. Attach the latest 3 Client log files in the ticket.

We are taking the current situation very seriously, and we want to keep an open line of communication. Thank you for your continuing support in improving Black Desert Online. Thank you for your continued patience and support of Black Desert Online.

- BDO Team

-- Older Posts --

Greetings,

In our initial announcement, we indicated the exact cause of recent connectivity and performance issues had not been fully identified. After extensive investigation, we have been able to determine there were in fact multiple events which impacted the ability of players to stay connected to our service.

Due to the dynamic and sometimes temporary nature of these interferences, narrowing down the list became quite complex. We have isolated several potential factors, such as the level 3 outage experienced by major North American ISP’s this week. Additionally, we applied a patch to address a recent issue with Xigncode that resulted in some players being incorrectly kicked from the game.

It is important to note that our investigation is ongoing, and we will continue to do our best to resolve any issues. Should you still be experiencing difficulty staying connected to the game, we ask that you please fill out »This Form«, which will assist our team in further narrowing down the number of potential causes.

On behalf of the BDO team we sincerely thank you for your extended patience and understanding.

- BDO Team

* Please note: you may now submit more then 1 response, and a family name section has been included.

Greetings Adventurers,

Recently we’ve been monitoring the growing number of reports of players having issues staying connected to the Black Desert Online service. We’re aware there is in fact an issue, however our team has not been able to isolate a specific cause at this time.

Our initial review of the data has shown this to primarily be affecting players attempting to connect to the North American servers. This, along with reports of routing issues to our servers, led us to believe it may have been limited to a small number of internet providers within the US.

Further review by our technical team revealed there may be more than one cause for the stability issues being experienced. As a result of this we have removed the initial post regarding the NA routing issue. Last week’s difficulties, in addition to the recent influx of patches to address critical game issues, has added to the overall complexity in identifying the root cause.

We will continue to investigate the matter and apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that may have arisen. Please stay tuned to this thread for any further updates.

- The BDO Team

Amarenda, Tergar, Gyro and 39 others like this.
  2. Anthama

3. Ezrea

compensate me with mystic

4. JM

JM

At least this post shows us a little more respect.

5. Voxo

Thank you for at least getting back to us. It has been a frustrating few days that is for sure. It sounds like you guys are working hard on trying to fix the problem, but in the mean time the game is functionally unplayable for many of us. It is completely unsafe to grind for many people without running the risk of losing expensive or potentially irreplaceable crystals due to lag. Activities like horse training are also impossible for many. I hope you are thinking of some kind of compensation package for people that ends up being more than a cron stone and a pat on the back.

6. Seboros

Seboros Warrior 60

It's because the Void Knight outfit isn't out, if you put it in. The entire game will work 100% :^). In seriousness you got this my dude, keep at it and you'll find it.

7. Infurni

Infurni Muskans Tamer 57 NA

I'll be taking that blackstone now thank you very much.

Trickster333, darklul, Tazbon and 5 others like this.
  8. Magnificent Innuendo

I agree with this statement completely. It's fine if you don't know the cause of something and are actively investigating..just don't leave us in the dark. Acknowledgement goes a long way in making the player base happy. Otherwise you just get more complaints about crap communication... and why there was so much hate in the Savage Rift thread.

9. Gudendrunk

No, its not everyone's "ISP". Its YOUR garbage servers. remember kakao is a publicly traded company and made 1.3 billion in revenue last year (https://www.forbes.com/sites/elaine...igh-revenue-on-gaming-and-music/#3f5aadbc1ea3) and none of it gets invested back into NA/EU.

Velexia and Dontcomplain like this.
  10. Obeah

It looks like there is a peering issue with Lease Web. You need to open an Incident with your ISP so they can investigate it.

Smileybones likes this.
  11. Roechacca

Appreciate the update.

12. Desado

Desado Wizard 59 NA

Looks like we've finally arrived
    [​IMG]

13. Lieyna

As one that has been playing since the release, I am not one to complain and I have taken the ups and downs of this game as part and parcel of any online game. I am not looking for compensation but an acknowledgement and a fix. I am a huge trainer and enjoy the aspects of AFK play this game gives me. It distresses me and frustrates me to no end that I am unable to pursue my chosen occupation in this game. Please keep us informed as it does decrease the frustration of not being able to play, knowing you are at least looking at it.

As a feedback, I still desync and sometimes completely disconnect but it is less then right after the patch. At least for me. I still cant do all I want.

NA Server
    Velia6

14. Kikos

what are u guys talking about .... this doesn't only affect AFK playing ... it is more frequent than that i literally cant stay online for more than 15 min .

what is the use of crying over compensations and things like that if the problem is not fixed .... thanks for letting us know that u are working on it thou, and please keep working on it, and keep the community feedback ,since a huge amount of players are affected.

15. ManlyBeard

It’s fine tho, they’ll give compensation to the players that were able to connect tho.

16. MoxxiMoo

Wait...what...did hell just freeze over, they admitted it was a mistake on their end instead of blaming ISP/steam...

Trickster333 and ODB3698 like this.
  17. Kikos

what about those that still cant ( and i am pretty sure no one got it solved yet )

gfggghgggg likes this.
  18. Hyo

Hyo

rip value pack timer

19. ManlyBeard

Don’t ask me, I’m just going by how they handled previous issues with compensation. I don’t work for this company.

20. Kikos

:P wasnt asking u ... it is just the idea that those conversations might be reviewed by their team later (just maybee :P) so laying down ideas and thought on the table may open their eyes more to the issue that they facing :)

21. RamblingRose

Some feedback - been running horses this morning, and the desyncs/Dc's have been 38 minutes apart, exactly, last two times. NA. Other guildies reporting at same time too.
    Edit: desync 21 mins after that last one, so so much for that info being helpful. :(
    Edit 2: DC'd 20 mins after that. Quitting for now.

#20 RamblingRose, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Velexia likes this.