1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] NA Connection Issues [Update: 11/17 | 18:11 UTC]:

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Aethon, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Breyer

I am on Cox and my route to the Leaseweb datacenter in San Jose has always been bad, since day 1, but that never caused issues like the ones we are seeing now.

I have still taken it up with Cox to see if they can get the route fixed, and they are on it, but it may take a while.

However I agree that something else must be going on considering that it has never been an issue before.

Moraea, Somnium, Kusaragii and 3 others like this.
  2. Stabby

• Every single time I come back to my computer I'm disconnected. For information sake to help you identify...
    • Running a horse in Heidel
    • Charter Communications 120mb
    • Graphics on high
    • Overclocked 980ti
    • Intel I7
    • All drivers up to date
    • Windows Defender
    • Just now I clicked "recover all" in the worker window and it locked up my game and kicked me (only time that has happened)

3. Kikos

i dont think it is related to something u do in-game to trigger it .... i can stay still not doing anything or stay as far from any player and still get crashes every 5 to 10 min

4. bexi

Look, really do believe these guys have no idea what they did to the game. I have entertained several suggested solutions . Nothing else on my computer is even lagging, let alone the issues we have dealt with these past few days. This is the first game company I have ever seen attempt to cast blame on someones ISP. So why didn't I have issues before ? Oh , I bet its because my isp didn't have anything to do with this patch.

5. BanBladeBoques

Compensation when?

6. Waifu_Hunter

your faulty service nearly killed me just now, I'll have you know i have many valuable crystals with "high" chance of breaking some of which are incresibly rare and since my experience with support has always been unhelpful and unsatisfactory I know full well what it means to get serviced by your very unprofessional company.

I guess I'll refrain from logging or spending money until you stop joking around with my time and effort. I'd say I was disappointed but that would mean you deviated negatively from expectations which simply is not true.

#26 Waifu_Hunter, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  7. Captain Vale

Thanks BDO CMs for keeping us informed

valeren likes this.
  8. Wyn

Wyn Sorceress 62 NA
    Ambassador

Multiple Desync's on NA_Med3 and NA_Kama3 this afternoon.

Got Siege tomorrow this is going to go well with Militia.. D:<

Moraea and Mirth like this.
  9. Wandrim

I don't know if it's the same for everyone but I am getting thrown into the loading screen in the middle of playing, sometimes it reloads 4 or 5 times before getting back in. General loot lag, combat lag, movement lag, desyncs, and total CTD disconnects. Over the past week or so there has been perhaps 100+ incidents. Right now I have been movement locked in heidel for 5 minutes, still getting chat, and can open the map and do stuff, buy stuff and so on but had to switch to another channel to get going again.

Edit: I will also take this opportunity to complain about how this game runs horribly when there are other players around. Don't know why fps is in the 10-30 fps range in populated areas with a 1080ti and CPU is only being used 20-40% of its capacity. This game seems optimized to run in the background, which is great for running multiple games at the same time, but it would be nice to be able to change this. As far as I can tell there is not one setting in this game which has any actual impact on performance. Lowest possible graphical settings get the same FPS as the highest possible settings. 5 year old hardware gets the same FPS as brand new hardware.

UPDATE: Game seems to be working perfectly now. No lag issues. I did two things which may have fixed the issue. I filled out the form to report a lag issue, and I also happened to update my ethernet drivers. So what happened to fix it I can't say, perhaps it was some fix implemented by technical support or just bad ethernet drivers.

#29 Wandrim, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  10. Abovethelaw

My connection to BDO has been noticeably worse since you changed hosting to Leaseweb last year (seemed to be Internap before). That said, the last couple of weeks have been almost as bad as steam release was. I quit the game for a while not long after steam release because it was so bad. You have to realize with the fast paced action combat of this game and the way you destroy valuable crystals and hours of progress on PVE death, issues like this can completely ruin the playability of the game.

Mirth likes this.
  11. Breyer

It was always Leaseweb, they just used to use an Akamai reverse proxy service so you'd wind up connecting to a "local" node and playing via that.

But the reverse proxy service started failing pretty much completely so they had to ditch it. It had even worse problems than we do right now at some point.

Mirth likes this.
  12. Mirth

also with cox and have contacted them before on the issue

13. OptimusPrime

Nice try alleviating the blame away and pointing it to the ISP. IT intern troubleshooting 101. I know for a fact that it's not INTERNET PROVIDERS WITHIN THE US, but I'll let your incompetent team pull their hairs out trying to figure this one out.

I feel sorry for you though. As a Community Manager, it's your job to relay information from the techs and keep the player base happy. It's a tough role, especially when you have to deal with an understaffed and incompetent team, with most of them based in Korea that's too busy taking English class. At least they removed the snow from the UI within 48 hours, those interns show promise.

Keep up the good work, trying to relay the ******** from your higher ups that have no clue and don't care. I know how you feel. Well I guess it's good on your resume and you're getting great experience dealing with some real retards at work on a daily basis.

This isn't a personal attack. I really do feel for you and the amount of BS you deal with every day, on the customer front AND behind the scenes. I've been there and it's not glorious.

Let's place a bet on how long it takes for them to figure out that it's not the ISPs. I say 28 days.

Cheers.

Iceman Ian likes this.
  14. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

Hey man, I don’t envy your job, but I appreciate your effort to inform us. Thank you for also explaining what happened with the other thread.

CM Aethon likes this.
  15. wellman029

i cannot stay connected even through the use of a VPN , wifes auto path and auto feed horse check keep failing pretty much in exact intervals about 7 minutes apart , had my ISP here yesterday and everything checked out 100% , only BDO is being effected.

also i am not on a US ISP , so your blame game isnt going to work here

Loloichi likes this.
  16. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

This one here knows things. Enough to not tells us. He does 4chan

17. TehBeck

All the same issues as above, desync, lag loot, character selection screen pop up whne swapping toons, afk fishing for 10 drops, active grinding drops. Its only BDO that has issues in terms of connections and I'm in Canada on the largest ISP available, so I doubt its just a few select small US ISPs.

18. Dalenos

Yes mystic is the only compensation will take for this situation.

:D:D:D

19. OptimusPrime

Knows enough to know that it's pointless to communicate with the IT Dept. Most of them suffer from tunnel vision syndrome and have a superiority complex. Also arrogant and ignorant with complete lack of common sense.

Not saying all of them are like that, but show me one that's not and I'll show you 10 that are.

If you been there you'd understand. It's a complete waste of time even trying to point things out to them. Save your breath. Gotta let them hit their own stupid walls and learn the hard way. Nothing to do but stand aside, crack open a beer and watch it all burn.

Iceman Ian likes this.
  20. Waifu_Hunter

so time warner called me back, they told me it's a problem on leaseweb's end and leaseweb has been pretty much ignoring any inquiries they've been making.

maybe it's just another case of european passive aggression.

Wikked0423 likes this.