1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] NA Connection Issues [Update: 11/17 | 18:11 UTC]:

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Vanadiel

Yes, there is something else actually: a new official posting on the issues. They basically identified 2 issues, and it looks like there might be more.
    See the part where it says they applied a patch?
    Feel free to tell your other buddy that there was a software issue after all, just like I have been saying there was.
    You are welcome.

"Due to the dynamic and sometimes temporary nature of these interferences, narrowing down the list became quite complex. We have isolated several potential factors, such as the level 3 outage experienced by major North American ISP’s this week. Additionally, we applied a patch to address a recent issue with Xigncode that resulted in some players being incorrectly kicked from the game.

It is important to note that our investigation is ongoing, and we will continue to do our best to resolve any issues. Should you still be experiencing difficulty staying connected to the game, we ask that you please fill out »This Form«, which will assist our team in further narrowing down the number of potential causes."

2. Elleris

Hey I just tried filling out the form, and I copy pasted my ID as specified but it's not working because my ID has letters in it? I triple checked and even did a new text and the ID never changes.

3. CM Aethon

Community Manager

Apologies, it seems as though a criteria requirement was unintentionally turned on. This should be resolved, simply refresh the form and try again.

djoni and Shimnao like this.
  4. taolurker

This has not fixed anything with my crashing the game while in populated areas @CM Aethon .

I do not think that form is for "crashing" either

There is still an issue with the game or servers caused on the Nov 1st update that is causing my game to crash/Not Respond, as nothing on my side has changed and this began immediately following that update.

#424 taolurker, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    HellzBellz and Voxo like this.
  5. G-mouse

They told me the same thing, so all the lost crystals are on me :/
    Funny how I could d/c from BDO but then log on to another online game and play all night w/o problems.

Hunterspike likes this.
  6. Voxo

I am having the same issue since the Nov 1st update. My game is crashing while riding into towns, or being ressed during nodewars. I never had this problem before the Nov 1st update.

Hunterspike and HellzBellz like this.
  7. HellzBellz

Exactly when it started happening for me, following the urgent update!!

8. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard 59 NA

None of the online games I play have such horrible issues. This started a couple of patches ago. Value Pack rendered useless and expired. TY KoKoa but no Ty.

Voxo likes this.
  9. Dulce

I've been having connectivity issues and finally got my isp to send out a technician and it turns out that everyone in my area has been having issues but only three people called to complain. Our node was working at 0.5% of it's 100% capacity. If you live in an area that was affected by one of the recent hurricanes I'd suggest you check out your packet loss and whatnot because it could be something on your isp's end and not the game.

Smileybones and crawlord like this.
  10. crawlord

So either the patch resolved peoples issues or the weekend is approaching for gaming time.. Grats on doing triage and isolating your issue.
    mm hmmm.PNG

11. stalas

I hope they will give us 1 free value pack ..... and 1 more is that take 1 more month to fix i just cant grind with this...i dont want do die ...

12. djoni

i found out that not using a VPN while playing solved my issue ... ofc with the help of the patch ...

13. Restless

so far so good today, i'll update in the morning

14. Sobrikate

So far, my toon has DCed at least 5 times today, just while riding his wagon back and forth in Velia. Not with even leaving the town and entering a combat zone. I have had no problems training in the past apart from PKers. The problems i have been having started recently, maybe after the hotfix? I'm not sure, but I know i didnt have the same issues in October, and my ISP and latency are fine, I know this because I'm the network administrator in my household.

I'm playing on a workstation that I use to render and edit video, without other applications running except for steam, chrome, Windows X bloatware, and sometimes bnet/Destiny2. There's no reason i can think of for the issues to be client-side, apart from maybe weird port-forwarding issues in the software. I'm pretty sure its a bug in the game or that their servers are stressed by the downloads and connected clients and booting people periodically from well populated areas.

15. NoCount

Did you guys change anything in the passed hour, I was playing fine all day an now all i can do is log in, anything else and it just lags out

16. djoni

i changed my virtual memory( increased it but that is only cuz i have stupid old pc) and vpn (stopped using it ) ... still testing so far i ma still online for the past 7 hours or so

17. NoCount

And now I just get disconnected

18. crawlord

ip.src ==x.x.x.x & ip.dst == x.x.x.x
    try to take a wire-shark capture. Identify whether you have tcp re-transmits for BDO traffic and or reset acks vs push acks for data windowing.. send data to bdo folks as evidence if you have no packet loss across your backbone connectivity.

tcp stream.PNG

Yukiko1 likes this.
  19. jarvs

Lol if course it's software. What i find funny is how they were treating this from the start and all the white knights came running in. I knew it was a software issue for this one reason. My wife and I have exact same pc builds, both were on wireless connections(im ethernet now) the only difference was i just fresh installed BDO on my new SSD then i started to dc every 15-20 minutes and afk was out of the question while my wife on the same connection stayed online 24/7 without any issues besides a random dc here and there. Being told to "purchase a VPN" by the GMs to resolve my situation didn't make sense. Nor did all these people "facepalming" themselves because we aren't listening to their "clear" instructions. My problems are ONLY for BDO. Soooo yeah.

20. Beeso

Sorcery!

crawlord likes this.