1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] NA Connection Issues [Update: 11/17 | 18:11 UTC]:

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Aethon, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Cairenn Tairisiu

Cairenn Tairisiu Tairisiu DarkKnight 61 NA

Do you even understand how routers work?

It appears that the specific router in this case, which hundreds of people have identified, is overloaded, and dropping packets and/or dropping priority for some packets for unknown reasons. That specific router belongs to Leaseweb. That makes it their responsibility. It's entirely possible that certain routes are being prioritized over other routes. Your route may be one of those being prioritized (unfairly) while others get pushed down and the handling of their packets gets pushed down in priority.

Do you understand all this or not? That each packet sent on a TCP/IP network has to be received, processed, and resent to the next router in the routing chain. People are running a standard TCP/IP check tool - tracert - to trace the routes of packets. They are seeing specifically which router the slowdown occurs on.

Your comments sound like you don't understand any of this.

2. Wakawaka

It has nothing to do with routing code/problems caused by a ISP such as Comcast that causing disconnects, internet lag and slow internet.

By the way Leaseweb is not an ISP. As far as I know.. So I definitely don't understand you.

3. Xenuria

Request #497236 Doing my part.

4. Cairenn Tairisiu

Have you even looked at the tracert results of so many people? When the same specific router is showing up as a huge bottleneck for people from all over the nation, the problem is almost certainly in that router.

And yes, technically Leaseweb is an IaaS, but those routinely get lumped in with ISPs when discussing networking and routing. Being pedantic, are we?

BlazingNemesis and manole10 like this.
  5. ghoulz666

There could be a chance that Leaseweb doesn't even fix this 100%. As if enough players don't have problems with this game as it is.

6. Wakawaka

How you figure there is a bottleneck in that tracert results? Being "disconnected" can mean a lot of things. You should know that by now.

7. EgoAge

EgoAge Lahn 61 NA

8. DrJeckel

Does any of this matter? The truth is that customers of this game (including myself) are being disconnected at minimum once every 30 min. Congratulations on having a stable connection to the game...this DOESN'T mean that there isn't a problem. Also, the problem here isn't the customer's fault since we were able to connect and stay connected last week. This is something for the host of the game to fix and that leads us to the problem at hand...it has been going on for far too long and with no improvements and no up to date information so this leads us to believe that nothing is being done about it. Technical understanding is not the customer's responsibility so why bother arguing about it? I don't get paid to troubleshoot connection issues for a multi-million dollar company who's proven to only be interested in squeezing every last dime they can out of their players and provide nothing but excuses or silent treatment when it comes to the extensive amount of problems I've seen with this game in the last year.

put the white knight outfits away because service is consistently bad with this game and this is a proven fact! That's all that matters to me as a customer.

9. DrJeckel

EgoAge likes this.
  10. Masaminya

Hello? where is CM/GM? Infrequent up to date information from Kakao (and LeaseWeb) leads to such a meaningless argument between players...

11. Wakawaka

I'm saying there are not just the HOST that is affected by routing code fiasco that is still on-going problems with Comcast-Netbrothers. I never said there is no problem I'm saying if one point is the problem such as the server. I be in the same situation as everyone else that is consistently lagging and disconnecting, which I'm not.

But they been good to me. That's all that matters to me as a W.Knight Customer.

12. Cairenn Tairisiu

Look at the post directly below yours. Leaseweb itself is now acknowledging they have an issue at that specific router.

13. AzureStarz

AzureStarz AzureStarz DarkKnight 63

tried setting up afk fishing before going to bed. Dced 6x in an hour. Gave up and wasted several hours of afk fishing...
    As for trying to play normally in game.... been getting these dcs for 2 weeks now, yet my boyfriend has no issue in the steam servers. I really regret not buying the steam version. No lag and nobody to pk a newbie just trying to grind to get better gear.. There goes my EXP wasted in the olivia servers, my buff runs out monday :))...

14. lovemints

PA can't be oblivious to the fact that NA user base has been gutted due to these frequent connection problems. I'm beginning to think that at this point PA's focus is on getting the console and mobile versions out the door instead of working with Kak to ensure the game is working properly for NA users.
    I don't know if contacting BBB would work, and doing charge back has risks. It's too bad most big gaming sites do not cover mmorpg games as getting their attention to bdo's constant issues could do wonders.

manole10 likes this.
  15. Sarah Jenkins

please fix soon :(

16. taolurker

1. Don't feed trolls. Anyone saying "I connect fine" should be ignored (**or better yet moderated out by forum people) in a thread dedicated to issues. If someone is here to inflict additional frustration, gloat that they can play fine, or insistent that there isn't a problem with code/servers/client because theirs works, they should be ignored. Don't reply, don't engage, they are here breaking forum rules and risking their BDO account, don't do that to yours debating with them.
    2. This has been confirmed to be the cause of something that happened in an update, it began after updates and that they need to repair using updates... So, it is code related (despite the arguments servers and clients work, it's routes or this VPN workaround) and this is something they need to repair to get it back to what it was prior to an update.
    3. The routes, ISPs, VPNs and connection discussions are a smokescreen for the actual issue, which is a change to how the game is transmitting packets (It seems to me more like a stealth change in the minimum specs for the game, or to how transmissions changed up/down to the server than a connection issue). It may not disconnect/crash people with hearty CPUs, higher Up speed, or with slightly better overall setups, or it might not be any of these things, yet still only affect a portion of players while others are completely unaffected. It can range from disconnects, to hitching/lagging, high CPU usage, to fps drops, hitching/stuttering or rubber banding, to crashes.. but the solution depends on client and server patching/updates.
    4. Their last (*very infrequent) update on the situation said they are working on it, and investigating the cause. Since they don't know how to fix it immediately all we can do is be patient, wait for further updates, keep an eye out for requests for information, or just move on. If you're here to complain about how bad it is, or that you can't game, just imagine that only about 10-15% AT MOST of games populations even VISIT forums.
    5. Remember games are fun, and if you can't endure some downtime, server/client patching issues, or general internet wonkiness, you should maybe not play MMO games. So far this is still not working for me, yet I'm still diligently checking for fixes, fighting against the lag/disconnects/crashes and still hoping for the best with speedy resolution. This is still not the worst MMO outage I've experienced YET, but getting there.

17. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

EgoAge likes this.
  18. Mountain Hound

Why should people reporting no connection errors be ignored? Maybe they have a reason for that which can be looked into (location to servers etc).

19. taolurker

I don't see anyone coming into this thread offering their information to improve things, only gloating and trolling those of us with issues.. If you can connect fine, it does beg the question, why are you IN a thread about issues in the first place.

I have no problem with PRODUCTIVE posts from people who can connect fine... It's ones that insist that there isn't an issue with the client/server, that this is only a route or connection issues, or who are here to taunt those having issues that are derailing a thread that should be us working with the company on a solution. Is it any wonder there's little communication from the devs? I wouldn't want to engage in this sort of environment trying to request information, or give updates, either.

So, if you can connect fine, tell us please your ISP up speed, CPU type/speed, and where you're located..

And another thing.. Guess what everyone?? "Blaming" Leaseweb, or complaining about routes and/or shitty hostings, when if there was a change in the client/server code immediately prior, it's totally possible transmissions from the game through a host increased, which could impact routes, or even clog certain nodes attempting to reach both ends (essentially the game DDoS'es the route because of its increased traffic).

Silowyi likes this.
  20. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Yep, just sh*T talkers trying to sound smart. All they need to do is submit the required information and hope this crap gets resolved soon.