1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] NA Service Provider Change

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Kabz, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Shirolicious

looking forward to the EU database upgrade, hopefully we can see the servers can hold more people now in a small area and remain functional.

2. Solbourne

Thank you. This was the single biggest issue I personally had with the game, and I'm sure many other players feel the same.

*Edit: I'd also like join in urging you to choose a central location for the servers

#222 Solbourne, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  3. T800

#223 T800, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  4. Chun-Chun

Chun-Chun ChunChun Sorceress 61 EU

Have you actually watched any of the last 3 sieges? Last siege like 90% of soverign couldn't even connect to the game after being kicked out...

And please, acting like desync, servers kicking you out, is not a thing...

I mean, there's a level of ignorant, and then there's you...

I mean, i get it, server issues don't affect the players like you that play the game by being AFK, but some people are actually affected by it, and you're just gonna say: "meh, i don't care, doesn't affect me"?

5. T800

#225 T800, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  6. Xellabel

Xellabel Fullgrizzly Warrior 62 EU

I don't often log-in to my forum account just to like a post and comment under it. Thanks for the change, can't wait.

#226 Xellabel, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  7. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Its useless. This retard even said himself hes happy about it because it affects the siege guilds that treated him unfairly in his opinion. He just doesnt like when someone else has fun, even thoug it doesnt have any negative effects on him. Because objectively, there is no reason not to want better servers, absolutely none.

Wet Cake likes this.
  8. Ravare

Thanks to the Devs/GMs/CMs.

We noticed a few months ago you said a change was coming and you could not discuss the details. Glad that you gave us a heads up and followed up with the promise.

Moving in a positive direction with communication and transparency to the community.

9. Wet Cake

Hi. I just want to post a second time and say how excited and hopeful this makes me, lol.

10. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

No we had way less connection issues, that's what they aim to fix right now.
    DB upgrade might help with
    You're a Luxiena relative or something ?

SuzyIdle likes this.
  11. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

so you saying they tryed to sabotage servers in balenos/serendia siege aswell? cuz they were complaining about lags

12. Mountain Hound

Even if this does not work I for one appreciate the attempt to try and fix the problems. Fingers crossed and thank you for finally listening Kakao.

Alrikmerc likes this.
  13. Busche

Now they might be able to post about things here without "fix server when" appearing 100 or so times.

Dw. Youll all be just as unhappy with new servers :p

Alrikmerc likes this.
  14. Sylo78

Believe a CM said, a few pages back, the server location would remain the same as it is now.

15. TeRRoRibleOne

Don't have them in CA again, let the East Coast get some kind of advantage after 2 yrs of trash servers. It's not like the new company is based in NJ or anything.

16. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

Unfortunately one of the GMs replied already saying the Data Center was staying in the same location, so another big FU to probably their largest player base on the NA servers.

This would of been the perfect time to do a location change and ISP change. But nope. Kakao again proves they aren't that intelligent.

I mean there is a reason LoL, WoW, GW1 GW2 and FFXIV all changed locations in the past. LoL went from Cali to Chicago, WoW opened up more datacenters on the east coast for obvious reasons, GW1 and GW2 moved from the west coast to Virginia.

Even a quote from one of the GW2 Developers

I wonder why... maybe because most of the highest populated areas in NA are located on the East Coast? Who would of thought. Yet again Kakao proves they do things absolutely backwards.

17. Bythmir

Amazing news!

18. ZeuZ

Socal FTW!

19. ZeuZ

Socal FTW!

20. Sveyn

Why do you people cry about EU. Its not like Heidel French Roleplayers complain about laggy servers..... and it seems those are the only people they care about.