1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] NA Service Provider Change

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Kabz, Apr 5, 2018.

1. SvAp0r

it should right? i really want to buy this game but i'm in baltic states

2. DAOWAce

Well that should be expected since the rest of the world does too, lol.

Oceania needs its own dedicated server. It's utterly ridiculous when service is provided there yet the servers are hosted in another continent with 200ms+ latency.

Though then comes the problem of it being a low population region.. so you either have a tiny playerbase but good latency, or a huge playerbase but horrible latency. What would most people prefer?

3. Hoctar

What time of day will the servers be going offline for the server change?

Hemuk and Neokii like this.
  4. EDJ

EDJ

Yeah when is it exactly going off i need to know so i can grind until the last hour to make up money i wont be able to make overnight. Thanks!!

5. Cascaden

Hypocrite! Just keep crying and maybe you'll get the same....

6. Khazz68

Dea
    d idiot!!!!

7. DAOWAce

Square Enix relocated the data center with FFXIV. Why can't you?

No amount of backbone changing will make the speed of light faster. Us easterners, which are half the population of the US, will continue to be at a severe disadvantage regardless of how optimized the routing is. We'll still suffer numerous latency related problems across the entire game, from combat to NPC interaction to the marketplace.

Your major mistake in the first place was putting the server in CA. Your second was using Leaseweb. And now your third is not relocating the servers to a proper location for serving the United States during this server change 2 years after release.

I've lost practically all faith in this company.

I really hope you learn when you publish A:IR over here, else you'll ruin yet another promising game with gross incompetence.

Arvalo likes this.
  8. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

Well, I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve experienced the new changes myself.... but my initial reaction (which will be hard to overcome) is that of extreme disappointment that the servers aren’t being centralized.

Even a game as huge as league of legends was able to concede that their server location was less than ideal and relocated it to better suit the needs of the player base stateside.

If the only excuse is the amount of time it would take, I’m fairly certain (though I can’t speak for everybody) that many people would be fine with upto a few days downtime for such a change to take place.

9. Ecxdirerr

lmfao, someone doesn't understand the concept of location of the servers. i get roughly around 110 ping to west servers while i am in east. It really isn't going to stabilize for us. You need to listen to our feedback and put it in the central USA. It will greatly benefit all.

Arvalo likes this.
  10. Pretaynama

THIS FROM TWITTER ON LOGIN SCREEN
    @BDO_News
    NA Servers are now offline and we are starting the migration process. Regular Maintenance is postponed until tomorrow. Click here for further info: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1286
    THIS WHEN I CLICK ON ABOVE LINK
    Maintenance Schedule
    * Please Note: During this time the European Service will remain online and operational as normal.
    **The buff extension will be given for the amount of downtime
    01:00 ~ 11:00 AM PDT
    04:00 ~ 2:00 PM EDT
    08:00 ~ 18:00 UTC
    10:00 ~ 20:00 CEST
    As the migration process is quite involved, no patch will be applied on Wednesday April 25th. Instead, the game client patch update will occur on Thursday April 26th, which will require an additional maintenance.
    We appreciate your patience and understanding while our team strives to improve the overall experience of our users wherever possible.
    - The BDO Team
    THIS ON GAME CLIENT LOGIN
    NA
    service provider migration-Date wenesday, 04.25.2018. Duration: 10h, 01:00 PDT-11:00AMPDT
    NOW
    My game shut down at 10.00am 25-04-2018 this morning, now when i log into my game client as it is now after 8.00pm i get, Our service is under maintenance (08.00-18.00 UTC) So now been longer than 10 hours.
    Is there a Game Master online that can please tell me when Australia servers are back up.
    Thank You in advance, and looking forward to the new servers :)

11. DragonTactician

What about Australians, didnt seeing you saying 'No' to all my cash shop purchases, but when do we get better pings and connection?

12. Raven Croft

#272 Raven Croft, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  13. Reverielle

We are a tiny fraction of the market for NA/EU MMOs, we can hardly expect them to cater specifically to us.
    I'd actually go so far to say it is your own fault if you decided to play a US/EU action-based MMO from the oceania/asia-pacific region and complain about the high latency/ping we receive.

14. DarkGT

15. MajorHeadache

I hear free Pearls being dropped to all right now for the nonstop disconnects, desyncs, inability to connect at all, and at best effort headaches from unplayable lag and wasted personal time/loss in-game progress.

OFC, we won't even get an extension on the Koi event to recoup some sort of investment in your companies.

I AM glad to hear this TBH, as a Network Field Engineer for Sprint > Embarq > Century Link up until a few years ago, we will be connected to one of the largest fiber backbones in NA. ALSO, for those who want to compare Century Link (or their prior companies bought out) residential ADSL woes vs. data center and enterprise solutions... think again. Most of the little fish like LeaseWeb, etc buy low grade leased packages FROM this enormous network.
    It IS a good move. They HAVE responded to the overflow of tickets that could not be resolved by leaving LeaseWeb. As for how much of an "Upgrade" to the servers will take place once all this un-bottlenecked traffic is flowing smoothly would be my concern.

FoodStampGod likes this.
  16. Alavanger

The NA server has been down for 5h and 30m
    3am local time its now 8:30am

17. Remiel21

Well that was a tantrum if I ever saw one. Grow up. You haven't got even half the latency that us Aussies have and even with 200ms the game is entirely playable. The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus. That,s 250, 170, and 150ms respectively. So if you're getting faster than 250ms (for visual stimulus) you're fine. You won't even notice any lag. And if you claim you can, I'm gonna up and call ********, unless you're one of the rare few (like a trained fighter pilot or something) at the extreme end of the bell curve who can react faster than 100ms to visual stimulus, which I highly doubt.

#277 Remiel21, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Wet Cake likes this.
  18. Remiel21

We probably don't, regardless of what they do. Our connection to the US is limited by infrastructure. The bottleneck is the physical line itself. It's pretty much impossible to get faster than 180ms to anything in the US. And while I'm sure putting a server here in Australia to serve Oceania as a whole sounds like a good idea to all of us, it's a terrible business idea, because the population here is too low vs the cost of maintenance for the server itself, and the game's population on our own server would be practically nought. I doubt the entirety of Australian players of this game would even fill a single channel right now to be honest. It's impractical, and we just have to make do. Fortunately, the latency isn't that bad to the US. We just have crappy infrastructure in general that makes it even worse on the user's end. Nothing Kakao can do about that.

For the record, I cannot recommend highly enough the Mudfish VPN service. I use it from Brisbane and I have a very smooth problem-free experience on BDO.

19. Remiel21

The 10am shut down this morning was an emergency maintenance, not the beginning of server migration. That began at 1700 AEST, 5pm, for east coast Australians. For us, the servers will be back up by 3am Friday morning. For the record, the 'Australia servers' don't exist, there's no such thing. We play on North American servers. And we aren't getting new servers, we're getting a new server host. There's a difference.

Wet Cake likes this.
  20. D1337tion

Server Maint Extended 2 More Hrs on Game Launcher