1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Notice] NA Service Provider Change

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Kabz, Apr 5, 2018.

1. DAOWAce

And you're moving them to central so us easterners don't get completely screwed over by latency, right?

This has taken a year longer than it should've.

Maybe now you can tell us all WHY it's taken so long?

2. atsui77

“On April 25th, we will switch hosting provider and administrator for our NA servers. […] Furthermore, the Database servers will be upgraded for improved performance.”
    NA changes: New Provider + upgrades Database servers

“Additionally, a few weeks after the NA Server upgrade, we will be upgrading the EU Database servers.”
    Eu changes: Database servers upgrade

I really hope that's because Kakao still has a contract with leaseweb, and wanna go with one big change first.
    Let's see if we get an anouncement for a provider swap for Europe as well, I really hope so.
    I know people still say the game wasn't meant for 27 guilds on one castle, but don't blame the players, blame a game which allows you to do something, that allegedly wasn't supposed to happen. By the way, same happened to the 10 guild thing a few weeks ago too, Sov was lagged out of their castle. No comments on that either.
    I know NA has worse problems than Eu, and I get it, the players are probably more spread out than European players, even though Europe has technically a higher population than North America (the countries, not the game)

I mean, to this day Kakao hasn't commented on last saturday's siege, nor have they said anything about Sov being lagged out.

SpiralEnergy and Lorenian like this.
  3. Kunolychee

Kunolychee Kunoichi EU

OVH DDoS Mitigation services
    • 12 Tbps network all around the globe with 5 Tbps concurrent and permanent DDoS mitigation
    • Pre-Firewall with an Arista 7508R which can handle over 28.8 Tbps of traffic (this is used to distribute traffic to their vRouter network which handles the attacks)
    • Firewall network with own code to classify traffic
    • Shield (second software based solution from OVH which mitigate known attacks through vRouters)
    • Armor (most advanced VAC solution on the market right now, hardware-based attack analysis & mitigation) used with FPGA cards to reduce CPU load on complex attack algorithms
    • Real-time & permanent attack analysis and mitigation
    This right here is also interesting: https://www.scmagazineuk.com/ovh-suffers-11tbps-ddos-attack/article/532197/
    They were hit by the biggest DDoS attack ever recorded to this day and had no downtimes / network failures (overflows) at all.
    Besides that they offer the best price / service ratio for private customers and companies.

I really can't get why they never invest some of their workers to properly research on the desired topics before changing providers which won't provide the best service they could get to guarantee their game service qualities. I didn't expect much and still got disappointed by Kakao/PA :)

EDIT: If they would have chosen OVH they would have had their entire network for NA/EU at one hoster. Now we are doomed with two different companies/business plans and solutions

Lorenian and Uruz08 like this.
  4. Waifu_Hunter

Leaseweb backbones off of teliasonera wich is by far, the worst company i've ever had the experience of routing through. They genuinely do not give a single **** about the quality of their service. When WG used them my traffic would route to GERMANY before routing back to the east coast server which was 500 miles from my house, but only during prime time. my guess is that was their packet shaping equivalent.

and wargaming used to do the same blaming ******** too

my guess is, when they call their hosting company, the answer they get is roughly the equivalent of "it's working fine on our end" and then community rep replies with the equivalent because that's the information they have.

After WG switched to a central location and off of teliasonera, all of my problems disappeared. The swedish truly are the worst people.

That we are changing service providers at all is in my mind a very good decision for the future of this game. Anything but telia/leaseweb is a step up.

Lorenian likes this.
  5. Tyldor

Is this a f*cking joke? EU Database servers only while NA gets a whole host of other things? Stop ignoring the EU side of things.

6. Chanabra

Finally some news worth posting. Thank you and continue to listen to feedback from community, it will only benefit your $$$ gains

If you do a good job with servers and actually fix our gameplay I may use your pearlshop again

7. Silencee

silencee best musa na

8. Tamosaki

This is great new, gives me incentive to buy pearls again.

9. Roksuu

Roksuu Roksuu Tamer 61 EU

I wish people like you could have at least half a brain to read and think before posting rant posts. They are addressing EU, they just cant tell us how or when just yet. It hurts to read posts like yours.

10. Arkilix

Cant believe this huge props!

11. Lelouchs

Am I dreaming????!! Level 3 communications has servers everywhere, we can hope for a very low ping.Be it west, central or East side. This is amazing. thanks Kakao.

I'll celebrate this on the 25th with pearls, I love this game!

12. Fookie

[​IMG]
    it's about time

13. Crusader09

Great news. Will have the biggest positive impact up to date.

One million "Whens" are already rolling in their graves!

Cloudaye likes this.
  14. Lukasz

EU WHEN?!

15. Malnixis

You realize this may be kakaos last chance for any kinda redemption

16. fennyxt

Alright boys, time to send this link to all your friends and family who have left BDO in utter disgust in the last few months. We can make BDO great again.. hopefully.

Neokii likes this.
  17. Tyldor

Really? Where exactly is it implied they are addressing EU?

#157 Tyldor, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2018
  18. Elemag

Thanks...I guess. Although two years later...and again EU is a second priority because why not.

19. OGshine

y not

20. IISNAFUII

You forgetting about the AU/NZ players - thanks.