1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nouver spawn fix

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Nov 9, 2017.

1. CM Praballo

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers,

Players could in the past face irregularities related to the spawning behavior of world boss Nouver. The issue has been addressed and a permanent fix during next maintenance will be done.

Thank you for your continuous feedback!

The BDO team

2. GamePois0n

3. Anthama

It didnt need to be fixed sad

4. namnam030

namnam030 GottKoenig Valkyrie 61 EU

Fixing things noone is complaining about, but ignore the state of the current servers

Just kakao things 10/10

5. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 61

Nouver is really unpopular, why fix it now after months? Almost nobody doing it anyway. Pretty pointless to change it. Why not make all bosses appear that often, but limit it to like 5 bosses of the same kind per day? So people that work might at least get 1 spawn every day(so like 2 kills) while people playing all day long will not get too much free money as they are capped to 5 kills.

Stabby likes this.
  6. Shichi88

No reason not to fix it either, you probably are just complaining because you were hoarding boxes for money. Its a bug, bugs get fixed.

Poldarn and midgard229 like this.
  7. Derpyboom

Derpyboom 9 EU

But broken servers arent

Break_III and Stabby like this.
  8. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 61

I have never done Nouver again after my first boxdrop. But yeah, great assumptions you are making especially when I just suggested something, people that can not play all day long benefit far more from than people that play all day long.
    I am complaining because they are wasting time and effort to finally fix something so much too late, that it does not matter anymore.

Break_III likes this.
  9. Femdom_geo

A ton of people do nouver, the amount of people gathered at velia 1 everytime when it spawns is insane

10. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 61

Is that why Nouver always keeps disappearing on half of the channels while almost all other bosses are cleared on all channels after 10-20min?

midgard229 likes this.
  11. namnam030

nouver is like kutum

get killed in trains

12. Lember

People is able to get perfectly more than 10 boxes per week with the nouver bug, ¿it doesnt need to be fixed? Pls, pack your **** and stop crying. Also the Fix comes from Pearl Abyss, so i dont know why you all blaming Kakao.

13. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 61

It is in trains because so few are doing it. Else they would sit with 5 people each channel for 50minutes to kill it. Other bosses are cleared on all channels at once with like 30+ people per channel, not only on one or two where the "train" currently is.

14. namnam030

but only because if their cancer location <.<
    while every boss is around serendia

15. LogicaI

Wasn't even aware it was bugged? Shows you how dense i am.

16. punkie

While some players may not see this as an important issue, it is and has been for a long time, especially in the bossing community. Nouver is dead and started to be trained because of this issue. He was spawning so frequently and drops were so plentiful that people just stopped going. It has been a pain and a hassle on the mod team at BDO NA for over five months.

I believe the only reason that it is being fixed now is because bosses like Kutum and Nouvers popularity has greatly increased due to auras for memory fragments being introduced. This wasn't an issue before it, with some GMs apparently saying it wasn't high priority because it wasn't game breaking, now memory frags for auras are in, bosses are getting slaughtered to get auras, and a fix comes pretty quickly. It's either definitely this or the sad meme of it not happening in KR so it not getting fixed for a million years.

I urge Kakao and PA to take a look at their Western bossing communities and make fixes accordingly. Kzarka, Karanda, Dim Tree, and Bheg have all needed health pool increases for awhile. Rednose and Mudster need to be looked at due to their perceived values and not being fought much, keep them the same but at least look at them and weigh a health nerf or persuade players to attend with better loot tables. If for some reason you don't have spawn or clear data, feel free to message me and we can get something put together.

As mentioned in a ticket, we've taken note that Muraka and Quint had their spawn warnings removed because of their popularity, it seems NA got the isntant spawns as well, what I fear is we got the same health pool, which many in KR have said is pretty low due to how many players attend. The fact these special bosses are only spawning once per week and on a limited channel set is going to cause channel and player lag issues, missed tags, etc. They need to be on all 40, the population easily supports it, and most likely need a health buff. The NA population easily supports having them on all 40, especially since they are a timed boss that is once weekly. People WILL be around for this. It WILL be a shitshow. Limited channel bosses or events should NEVER be implemented for NA./EU.

-punk, BDO NA Server Admin

17. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 61

I do not think that this is the main reason. While I for example went to Karanda and Kzarka interrupting my grinding at bashims I did not bother to even go Kutum or Nouver, despite how close it is.
    I also do not think that this has anything to do with the memory trade in we got now as the guy above me mentioned. In average you do not even get one latent per bosskill which does not change much.

18. punkie

I believe Kutums issue (I explained Nouvers above) was his release date and player perception of the dagger being "bad," I got a box rather early and didn't go back for a long time, way after Witch awakening came out. For what I remember to be a mostly unawakened playerbase, Kutum was far too strong and participation dropped drastically, not that it was very high to begin with outside of launch spawns. A lot of players had arguments and felt the Kutum dagger was not worth even looking at until a certain AP threshold was met, with lots stating to wait for Nouver, user nouver over it, blah blah, I think a lot of people bought into this so they just never went until the data showed that Kutum was viable, and by then it was just too late for Kutum. The good news is that kills are coming in super fast lately due to the aura changes.

19. Shichi88

Servers =/= Bugs - two seperate things where completely different ppl work at.

20. Wyn

Wyn Sorceress 60 NA

5 months to fix this..lol.