1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NPC Dating System: New Reward and Quest System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Feyrill, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Feyrill

Feyrill Kunoichi 61 EU

[​IMG]

Greetings, Adventurers!

I'd like to share some ideas with you about the 'NPC Daint System', and the
    way how Pearl Abyss could make it a bit more 'rewarding' and interesting for players.
    Let's get into it and feel free to share your own ideas about the System.
    [​IMG]

✧ Rewards based on Amity

I. Milestones

It is already exist, for you can get some new quests and interaction (chat) with some NPC after reaching an exact number of amity, but let's be honest, it is easy to reach, and not really worth the money and energy to keep continue to farm it, and reach higher levels if you are not really interested in the NPC you can date with, or the title what you can get as the reward.
    Because of this, we could get some new content from taking a part in this 'minigame', but lucky us, we have a lot of options to make it bright. One of them is pretty simple; 'Higher Amity Milestones'.

You could get new unlockable 'content' by getting more and more Amity with the chosen NPC, above 1000. After reaching a new milestone, you could get new chat options, new quests/quest lines (connected to the NPC and everything he or she interested in) from the NPC what would give you some extra value, contribution point, but even knowledge.

We could get new daily, weekly and/or even seasonal quests from the NPC, based on how high our amity is with him/her, and items after reaching new amity levels (based on the NPC's interests, role). Technically, with unlocking milestones, we could get a lot of new quests and rewards from them, but we don't have to stop there in thinking about the NPC Dating System.

New, permanent "milestone titles" are also could be a small gifts for people who enjoy to spend their time (silver and energy) with their beloved NPCs. These would be similar like any other titles you can get and keep in the general gameplay.

•​
    It might seem a bit unfair towards other who don't really want to spend their energy or money on the NPC, but you have to fight and scrifice time and energy for everything if you decide to get it, and it could give us some pretty new challenges if we want to get gifts our NPC likes, or even produce it by ourself if we have the option!
    Note: I'm not a veteran player myself, not even a person who spent tons of real life money in the game (only for cosmetics), but even while I spent hundreds of million silvers for my beloved NPC, I can feel the progress in-game which is absolutely okay in tempo. Knowing the best ways about how to get silver as fast as you can, and stay patiente; these are essentials.

II. Mail Rewards

All of us knows about what a friendship or relationship is look like. Stay honest, care to the other and do not fear to put some extra effort to help him or her if she need it. If someone is kind to you, you like to make him/her happy and surprise them with gifts or spend your time with the person. Some of us still follow this route with NPC's, but we don't really get back anything from them (*Boohoo*). I think, that we could get a pretty good reward system modelled by this very kind and honest connection.

With reaching different milestones, we could unlock the NPC Mail Reward system, which means that we could get mails from the NPC, and via those mails, collect some random rewards from him or her (it might be similar like Black Spirit's Adventures minigame, but the higher your amity, the better gifts you could unlock with).

These mail rewards might be daily, but collectable only for a limited time. There could be a fix reward at the end of the week, but only for those who were loyal and have collected every gifts from the NPC on the week (of course, this might be unlockable just after an exact amity level).

Now I'm pretty sure that lot of you thinked about how much reward they can have if they would boost up their amity with every NPC they can date with, but I think this is something what should be limited or moderated in some way.
    ➥ For example, you can choose only one NPC who can send you the final reward at the end of the week, or there is an another model; where the chance that you get a gift from an NPC is random, but if you gave at least a small gift to him/her from his/her "Favorites" every day on the week, it would be fix to get the final reward from the NPC at the end of the week. The chance of gettin reward from them is increasable with getting higher amity level.
    The gift letters you get from them might appear based on who the NPC is (so based on their character and personality, of course).

III. Residence

It might sound creepy, but what if our beloved NPC would just show up in our residence, and giving us some small buffs with their presence, like bonus luck, cooking speed, bonus AP against monsters or as long as you stay in your house with him/her, faster energy regeneration. It would be also random, and you have to get higher amity level to unlock this bonus and increase the chance that an NPC appears in your residence.

This could give us some new chance if we would like to make this 'phenomena' way useful and interesting, like getting free option to talk with the NPC for XY times, getting a random quest from him (inside or outside your residence) and so on.

(Some people might do some search for the Hide/Show option in their cases, right? An exact alert still could warn us that an NPC is visited to us and gave us some kind gift.)

The System

This extended NPC Dating System would give us new knowledge about the NPCs we meet, we talk, we deal in different ways very often and Black Desert Online's "hidden little world" in basic. It would be a mistake to let this well detailed world's characters just sink after we have this NPC Dating System. While others don't really care the story of the game, even them could get some extra motivations to explore the Dating System for rewards and buffs, and the players who thirsts for more informations and story line, side quests would get this, too. Of course, there is a priority in there.​

[​IMG]

Black Desert Online's world is a very interesting and exciting one, filled with well detailed stories,

amusing or surprising 'easter eggs', amazing characters with very cool personality and in my opinion, this would be an another great chance to let this part of the game shine! I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people simply would ignores the story and details, but these details might give us something new what motivates everyone (or most of us) in an exact perspective, be it a new knowledge about the BDO's world, or some new playable content what might give us ne rewards and quests.
    This would be a win-win situation after all, isn't it?

I'm still thinking about this system and other parts of the game (while I keep exploring it),
    so it's possible that I'll show up with another ideas. Those who get the heart of their
    beloved NPC's with the title, might have some extra from their 'Dearest', but I would
    left this question for later to describe it. But for now, I'm out.

Thank you for your time!
    Have a nice adventure and best of lucks!

[​IMG]

#1 Feyrill, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Andaro likes this.
  2. GenericUser

It should be possible to get Amerigo laying seductively on your bed.

Feyrill likes this.
  3. Feyrill

Feyrill Kunoichi 61 EU

Mhmmm. Or Bahar, or Santo...or for fury-lovers, Crio.

Anyways, I forgot to mention (but I'll edit my original post later to keep some ideas in one post whatever will happen with them in the future) the permanent title rewards for unlocking these "amity milestones".
    It's a very good thing that there is one what you have to fight for to get or keep (and I'm on the case as well so hard, however I'm pretty sure that I'll have a very hard time with it as a "new face"), but we can get titles for nearly anything, so it would be a strange phenomenon to not get titles for... being obsessed with knowledge or NPCs, or for suffering with too much silver or energy you don't even know how to spend, so you start farming amity in every way you can imagine.

4. Feyrill

Feyrill Kunoichi 61 EU

Uuuum. How about new chance to able to date with Jerrimo? Not enough mad man on the menu.

[​IMG]