1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Nvidia bug

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Amarenda, May 9, 2018.

1. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 62 NA
    Ambassador

So GeForce Nvidia released a bugged update. This could be the issue with crashing that alot of ppl are having. It seems to cause issues with everything. I started having problems with my graphics programs crashing, folders closing, bdo crashing. So decided it wasn't bdo and spent all day yesterday trying to sort things. Reinstalled graphics programs, went through everything, deleted stuff... Uninstalled stuff recently added.... My husband was going to reinstall Windows soon as he had time... But I was told about this..

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...397-31-will-not-install/post/5337319/#5337319

Thank God BDO staff is on top of this. I was lost on what it could be. If you have issues and don't know what to do send in a ticket! They can help

2. SirJohnny

well, i'm on 391.35 and game still randomly closes or getting out of memory on start. so its not the latest nvidia driver

3. Amarenda

Ambassador

Well my PC was having some issues I went to take a screenshot to show what it was doing and nothing would happen. I went to log in through GeForce and it said no drivers found and reinstalled them. Then I started having even more issues. I realized it wasn't bdo because my graphics programs had crashed when trying to change to different settings on things. So knew it was something with my PC. I would try to open some files and they would close. Sometimes my browser would shut off. So figured my new pc was deciding to freak out. My husband with the same set up has been playing with no issues! He has not dled the new update. So the memory loss could be something totally different. But if you use Nvidia and having issues you could always just redo your drivers. I was laggy, then getting memory loss, then game kept shutting off, and then after retrying the dl and it went through I couldn't even get in game. Seemed to just get worse and worse. The other day as long as I touched nothing I could stay in. If I even tried to look at my task bar I crashed!. I read other games are having players crash as well since the update. Now I'm able to get in game and run my programs. I have the 1080. Read 1060 is most effected. Some ppl aren't having any issues. Windows 10 released the update for Nvidia April 25th. So same time as NA server swap. So some of the issues could be things needed to be tweaked from servers, some could be just bdo bugs, and some Nvidia. Kinda hard to pinpoint just what it is coming from so anything that might help mark off the cause is worth trying
    :D

4. Vanadiel

There is 397.64. The version before this release was indeed bugged and I had to revert back to the version before that for stability.
    Going to install 397.64 in 5 minutes.

5. Amarenda

Ambassador

So far I've been logged in with no memory loss, no crashing, etc. Hopefully it works for others

6. Snackmac

Updated and still crashing.

7. GM Kaioken

Game Master

I recommend always fully clearing out your display drivers first before installing the latest one.

Try that, Snackmac, and let us know if it helps.

If it doesn't, send us a ticket with your LogFolder Attached, please.