1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O’Dyllita - Dead God’s Armor

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lurea, Oct 2, 2020.

?

What do you think

1. Wtf is this sh*t?!

40 vote(s)
    33.6%
  2. Mhe, coulden't care

44 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. Yeey i get to own ppl even more now. i was bored at full PEN

35 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Lurea

Dead God’s Armor
    • This gear is a stronger version of Black Star Armor and can be obtained by crafting (similar to the Blackstar Armor/Weapon).
    • It requires a PEN Blackstar Armor to exchange or a PEN Red Nose Armor/Dim Tree armor with level 10 Caphras.
    • Can only be enhanced up to +5 and has a base DP of 99 (Evasion 45 + 126, DR 54 + 29). It also has a Max HP +310 item effect and MP +100.
    Soooo, the are gone add this monstrosity. So PTW ppl will now be even stronger. Few ppl have a full PEN set. Some might have a PEN item. But it is not like you are gone go "O i need a PEN Red Nose Armor/Dim Tree with full Caphras? Np let me just make that" Chances are you have been trying to make stuff PEN for ages now. The only ppl with these PEN items are whales and the really really lucky nolifers ones. And those are also gone be the ones that will get this extra upgrade really fast. Making the gap between players even bigger. And even BDO know there is a big gap and has been trying to make it smaller. But anything that needs a PEN to progress is just a bad idea. Hard quests, fine. Low drop rate items, i hate those but even those are better then this sh*t.

By adding this, they just giving PTW ppl so much more power that it is just stupid. Be ready to get owned by PTW guilds in node war or RBF.

MamoruKin, Fjokki, Kikux and 3 others like this.
  2. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Idk why you are talking like players who play day by day over 5-8h and are considered p2w cause they make once per week 2bils from costume selling are a bad side of the game. Like literally those who have no pen items are just casuals, only a hardcore ayer achieves everything pen, and not because of the p2w. Tey do all daily scrolls, they do missions, they do way more than any other casual player. They spend tons of time in game compared to majority.

Maybe lets say that we get a good amor that many won't reach cause all they do is just afk fishing and literally don't play the game cause afk-ing isn't playing a game.

3. Andaro

Ambassador

I just made 10 bil in a week dumping my warehouse of worker collected mats to the market at bottom price.....that's 5000 crons without p2w....

*shrugs*

4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Can't wait for dead god's helmet. See nothing wrong with. If you don't want to play the game, stay t1, stay afk, stay at miru leeching.

5. NoobGamersBerlin

Do that 2 weeks and u can buy your Pen of the market.

TucoRamires likes this.
  6. Megta

Megta Archer EU

It's an upgrade to existing PEN (boss) armors! so why do you rant about the fact that you need a PEN boss armor first?

7. Andaro

Ambassador

funny you say that, i just whipped up another 400mil from the market since writing that message just now xD
    /o/ go workers go /o/

8. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

You can do that each week nonstop? Where are working your slaves?

Fjokki, Kittyberry, Kymaera and 2 others like this.
  9. Andaro

Ambassador

Certainly not every week, it takes time for mats to build up.

10. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Well... how many time? :S A month?

Fjokki and Kittyberry like this.
  11. Lurea

I played 6-8h a day for a few years. Never got to that point of money making. Hell most ppl don't. Because what i did at that point was no life the game. That's not hardcore gaming, that is an addiction.

I play it 3h a day now. i grind for pot pieces most of that time. Got workers working, but even then i don't make enough to ever buy a PEN. And most ppl wont, because AFK'ing the entire time you are not playing is expensive. And that's not even playing the game. That's like a idle game; and ffs those aren't games, there animations you watch.

All i see is a lot of no lifers and whales bitching that it's ez to get it. I had no idea there where so many spoild rich kids and no lifers playing this game. Then again, i expect a Ambassador to no life the game.

But hey, have fun with the ever bigger growing gap in player strength. To blind to see there destroying the game for anyone new to join. Or anyone other then no lifers and whales to play it.

12. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Well technically they do make the gear gap between players smaller, since more and more casual players leave, and only time/money whales are left anyway. Seasons won't help anyone to catch up, and people leave the moment they realise this.

13. Andaro

Ambassador

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to politely inquire regarding another persons playtime rather than just assuming?
    It would indeed be more polite, but I'll humor nontheless. I actually don't no life the game. I spend more time at work.

Mmmm, that would be hard to say, because dumping worker mats isn't about a steady stream, but rather having them available when a market opportunity strikes, --or-- when you actually want or need something.

For example, I didn't dump mats until I decided that I wanted some Tri Manos Accessories to boost my cooking (my current focus is cooking for CP...upto 413 so far, yay!)......so, even though I would normally crate up certain materials and do Valancia runs, ...I just dumped them all to market so I could buy what I needed now.

But workers are pretty flexible too...
    No, Of course, it doesn't compare to a millionaire that dumps 30 costumes a week to the market, nothing will ever compare to that, .....but there are plenty of ways you can get silver for cron stones to get you there are well.

Of course, I certainly am not going to write a book on the forum of how many ways I've personally made tens of billions of silver over the past year with minimum to no grinding.....since...well...you guys aren't guild mates ....xD

14. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

i play 3 hours a day too.. and i needed around 3month to get enough money to pre order a pen blackstar for 100b lul.. u doing something wrong bro

15. Lurea

Fine humor me. How much time a day do you play, weekdays and weekends separately. And how much money did you put in the game already. Because i will tell you now. It will be more then any casual gamer. And more then most ppl with a job/kids.

16. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Why you expect to be equal to someone who put more time/money into game ?

Crimson_Scarlet and Chaos Ronin like this.
  17. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I have a job, I'm married and have 3 kids. I play 2-3 hours a day max and do nothing but pvp. I can make 20 bill a month or more easily. I've spent close to 30k GBP and played since day one. Before you say I'm a whale, I'm far from it at that amount of money but guess what? I have almost full pen and when i say "full pen" i mean actual FULL pen. I'm ready for dead god armor and helmet already and it's because i plan ahead. You don't have to be a whale, you don't have to be rng carried and you don't have to be a nolifer. Just be smart.

18. Life2v

Now a days im also dont have time, so....

My semi-afk gameplay:

Barter (carrack) without VP x2 routes - 400-500mil (+-2h) +bonus some coins converted to mana accs.
    Imperial cooking - 15min. (buying from MP food+crafting)
    Grana peridot leaf daily -+ 5min. (short version).
    Heidel Lara daily - 5min.

All in all max. 3h - 500-600mil. per day.

Only few people will get +4/+5 GOD armor, dont worry. It change nothing.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  19. Lurea

I don't expect to be equel as some one putting in waaaay more hours. The problem is; you get a lot of ppl that put in waaaay more hours and ppl PTW'ing the game. And all the PvP content is centered around balance. If you mess up the balance you destroy the PvP part for everyone else.

For ex.
    - RBF, there is no gear score limit or anything after lvl 50. So you join. You get a bunch of whales or no lifers in the other team. Forget having fun, you get ganked to dust.
    - Node war: No matter the node, you can always end up vs a PTW no lifer guild. Making entering a nod war useless unless you are equals or close too. Now there is no balance there, even tho they tried. And chances are good you wont be able to really play that part of the game either if you don't no life or PTW
    - Grinding: you want to skip all that and go to a grind spot for gear or items you need? Be ready to face ppl wanting that spot too. But hey, they are pobly the no lifers or PTW'ers again if it's a spot that is high in demand. So again, you have no chance there vs them.

Sind this game is heavy on the PvP you can hardly do anything if the PvP isn't balanced. And you balance that with the gear. You can have high end gear, sure. But if you make it to powerful you create a big gap. Where if you would say make it that a PEN, can upgrade 3 more times. but only add 1DP or what ever each time. And make it as hard as this God armor. Then there is still room for improvement . But because the improvement is small. There will be less unbalance. If you where to make a PEN item upgradable 3x and give it +20DP each time. Well, you get where i am going with this.

In short, it's ok that something is hard to get. But at the end of the day it should be a nice extra or a small improvement once you get it. Not a game changer. Ppl should stil be able to win from you with the slightly less well of gear. But as it is now. There is a possibility that you will do 0 dmg to ppl.

You can't create the possibility of god players and normal players in a PvP rich game. It won't work. Imagine if you could get immunity like that in any other game you played. You pick up a game, get in to it. Face off against some one that played it longer then you. Only to find out that no matter what you will do, you won't be able to win because you do 0dmg. Technically making the match you are in, unwinnable. Sounds like fun?

Fearless V likes this.
  20. Lurea

No no, you are a whale. 30k GB (33 123€) makes you a whale, you just lost touch with what a normal amount of money is. Because normal ppl can't spend that much on a game over those many years and not be a whale. ESPECIALY if you do it while having 3 kids. Man, whales don't even know there whales in this game XD

You do know a lot of ppl can't even save up that much in 3 years, even if they don't spend that much outside off necessities and just standard pc/tv stuff right XD

Sheky, Auralexia, Buxx and 5 others like this.