1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocean Boss ‘Vell’ Emerges

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Andaro

Ambassador

Sadly I wont get to attend this round , sigh the working life

It is unfortunate about the despawning times.
    But hey! great feedback for the first run. Perhaps they can change the despawn mechanism for Vell.
    We knew there was bound to be a hiccup on the first run, so, it is what it is. All they can do now is tweak it.

Does anyone from EU have video of their servers Vell experience this round?

2. Cold_Darkness

and i wouldnt point it out if it was not relevant, since we where in a party, with 3 out of 4 getting loot because of one being forced to relog. there is no reason for a platoon with only 4 people and neither is it relevant to write "3 ouf of 4" if you are going solo.

like i said, context. basic knowledge of party mechanics as you put it, would also have given you that context. but then again, i did indeed not use the word "party" or "group".

3. Xianir

I don't have a video, but I did arrive to Vell on the second round. We were a little late, there were too many boats (but no lag), we could not fire at Vell from behind the wall of boats already fighting him. So... No drops. There's not enough "space" for all the boats that were there (at least on Calpheon 4). The ride was fun just because we were among friends, otherwise a waste of time. So... The advice is to arrive on the spot way earlier.

4. [FoH]Harfle

so how about a NA spawn announcement?

5. [FoH]Harfle

so we are starting 30 minutes late??

6. Andaro

Ambassador

could not fire at a long distance?

What about jumping onto other peoples boats and getting close enough to use a musket?

Curious to read more on how this went

7. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Someone owes my guild money to respawn our guild boat. I dced right before Vell spawned, then guildies couldn't man the helm CAUSE THEY STILL SAW ME THERE so now our boat is sunk.

And now I can't respawn.

Ah, I've dced again.

8. wellman029

If you fall off your boat and you will due to rubberbanding , your going to get stuck on the ladder of your ship and then rubber band bak into the water

#88 wellman029, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  9. ghoulz666

Know what the @#$%ing worst part of the ocean is? When you start lagging really bad, and one of those loading screens pop. You're back in, and your ship is way ahead of you.

You know, I'm getting really damn sick of loading in the water. Is it impossible for your char to log back on TOP of their boat?

10. Finley

Finley Valkyrie

11. Goat Gruff

Perfect description. The boss and area were poorly designed for the amount of people that wanted to go. Also let me not forget to mention TERRIBLE servers.

12. HakuSan

So the problem of Vell, and many other aspects on this game is that the ammount of people playing is just too much for the game to handle ?, i dont think its bad optimized game, or that we need NASA servers xD

13. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

On NA I couldn't hit him with the canon. We where so close to him I could have booped his snoot, still didn't get a hit with the canon... Was really weird :|

14. Xianir

Musket did not seem to do very much damage sadly, at least against Vell. Worked fine against adds, tho!

15. Suawoy

It gives my mixed feelings this one. Taking out ship should have be re-designed. Wharf location like Velia and this event makes to get on your ship impossible. Getting to place was "fun" due to high amount of tornadoes , margoria ships and sea monsters. Vell's spawn not in area it supposed to be? Fine, people were able to find and shouting location after all. It must be checked upon? When got on Vell's location it was amazingly looking but due to amount of ships almost not possible to get on shooting position. 1st EU spawn was disappointment due to Vell de-spawn. I got feeling it appeared later then it should be but disappeared sooner.

My guildie had actual taste for 2nd try but it was waste of time for me and didn't go. You never know if issues will repeat. Where is proper content control and QA I ask?

@CM Praballo

#96 Suawoy, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  16. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Berserker NA

I'll take compensation in the form of removing the dye system and making it free thanks.

mike.se77en and McLayne like this.
  17. Rayyyzor

Servers that can survive Vell when?

18. Akaru

Velia_5 on NA did just fine, we even killed it.

Here's me having fun getting back to my boat after getting wiped.
    Only dropped a major amount of frames once.

Now I don't think this boss warrants a removal, more so a rework.

1. Make it all channel spawn, so players are more evenly spread out; the biggest issue with the 'lag' was that there were way more players and boats in one area than there should have been allowed.

2. rework the boat takeout system. I do think if you were able to manually place the boat like you can place an item in a residence that would be swell.

3.remove boss despawn, or just increase it by twice it's length; vell took a lot of time to defeat and we just barely managed to beat the despawn timer; it's the only world boss that requires crazy amounts of prep and time for so it's only fair that we can defeat him without this crazy amount of pressure on us.

Overall I actually did like it, it was something new to do and experience; while I'm sure most people were just tunnel visioning the rewards and simplifying the task, to me it was pretty grand once you see it work. We need more of that in the game, just make sure all the bugs are ironed out.

Tansie likes this.
  19. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Exactly this.. Would be far more interesting if we had to do things like bail water out of our ship and repair it when it gets damaged. There should be storms and things that you have to move out of during the fight or they will damage your ship over time.. Give us anchors on the ships and let us turn faster when the sails are down.. Ships in general are just terrible. They are really clunky to maneuver with robotic stiff movement and really delayed controls. Controls don't even reverse when you are going backwards on the ship O.o Plus people don't take damage when they are on the cannons/wheel right? Surely we should need witch's/wizards to at least heal us and stuff.. It's so disappointing to see that everyone went and did this content solo when they could have made it a grouped thing. Or at least EASIER to do when you have a group.