1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O'dylitta March 4th confirmed for KR!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Mar 2, 2020.

1. DafuqYouLookinAt

Well tbh, to develop higher-end content is to look forward to progressing even further to reach there and beyond.
    If you fall behind, you fall behind. (>x<" If you believe you won't ever reach a specific point in gear/progression, you simply won't without efforts.

They've slowly been making adjustments and reviving older areas because a lot of our previous content releases have gone quiet. They announced somewhere that they plan to continue doing this, I think it was the Thailand Q&A.

This isn't the first MMORPG to announcement new content that is considered higher-tiered content.
    When progressing you move forward, players surpass "caps" and seek beyond and that's when refreshing comes in.

It's unfortunate to some that not "everyone" will be able to grind there but that's kinda the point. I wouldn't want that anyways.
    Only the people who meet the requirements will be able to do it.
    If everyone was the same gear that'd be kinda weird and everyone would skitter like insects to that one specific spot.

Some people worked really hard for their gear and others were really RNG carried but regardless if you want to reach the top you've got to at least aim for it and have a plan in place doing so.

I just pray that they continue to work on our current content too and not just abandon it so it keeps us all interested.
    Our world being so large and having as many players as we do, you'd think towns and other regions would feel more full... :thonking:
    It's all pretty and magical in graphics but what lies within the game is what truly matters, it's core features, mechanics, balances, etc.

Galatia, AZzalor and PurplePumpkin like this.
  2. Vortexii

I'm for the higher content and there some TBD things, but overall Odil could be a success or failure at this point. A 250 AP zone is really not asking a lot with the current meta of the game. However, the TBD part is exactly how tanky these mobs are, what DP is required and how much silver/hr will they produce? I know the trash values are high, but what is a realistic gear score for these areas?

Many of the other areas seem like they will always be a failure (until Pearl Abyss wakes up and nerfs them). Like they did with Kama. They are introducing HORRIBLE mechanics like resetting some buff otherwise you have no Guard/SA etc. Some areas look like they will simply be to much risk for anyone to hunt. Even the .001% of high players might just reject them for easier silver/hr.

I'd say until Odil is released for a few weeks it will be undetermined at this point whether it's a success or not. If simply mashing down easier mobs in the current area turns out to be just as good or better/safer it will simply fail.

Fearless V likes this.
  3. Kagedancer

I think the issue is that in other games, "higher-tiered content" is obtainable often simply by levelling to the latest level cap and having basic gear.

If you are comparing this to high-end raids in other MMOs that only small portions of the playerbase qualifies for - well, there is usually content for everyone released concurrently with such raids. Either the raids are a small part of an overall expansion, or there is a "regular person" mode like the normal mode trials and raids in FFXIV.

In BDO you likely will be walled off not by effort, but how lucky you end up being with enhancing. This content is also being released with no concurrent content for the average player, which is why some may be concerned here.

Anyway I don't really care, the pve battle content in this game is just spamming in a circle and is dull regardless of where I do it after a short time. I know, supposedly people need to dodge now, but still doesn't really make this region sound any more interesting other than a change of scenery.

4. LesserHellspawn

I'm all for fleshing out the white spots on the main continent. Now excuse me, while I board my ship and continue grinding for my Carrack.

Seriously though, it's beautiful, has some good nodes for cheap CP, and if it's grindspots will actually be worth going to for the people who can, well, all the better for lesser mortals who get more breathing room in areas of their ability.

5. Artorias_Dusk

Just some lovely Ahibs torturing human slaves :D
    Guess I volunteer as a slave because there are no male Ahibs around ;D

6. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

blackstar armor hype

T800 likes this.
  7. kakodaimonos

Man you just gotta love the insane amount of pop-ins even at the trailers.

Findubar likes this.
  8. woots

what's the "efforts" you are speaking about in BDO ? having the game in trail enough time to get enough [whatever] ressources and get money from it in a few clicks ?
    cliking enough time on the slot machine gear upgrade, and in the mean time killing the reskined grass beetle AI all day long to have enough ressources for the gear slot machine for X attempt ?
    Unless you consider repeating somes task that doesnt actual requier any particular attention, nor "skill"...as "effort", BDO is a effortless mmo.

What moving forward ? the game provide gear powercreep and provide mobs that requier that powercreeped gear to be killed, you dont "move forward" you just repeat what you were doing since your first BDO day in different looking environment.
    Sure you stare at somes value increase... yet i have hard time to call that "moving forward"

Its moving somewhere else ( different looking environment ) to repeat the same thing

#28 woots, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  9. chendu

Well we're supposed to get papua this month

Ofdimaelr, ۜSиσω and T800 like this.
  10. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Damn, O'dylitta confirmed for march 4th of 2k35

11. Findubar

POP POP POP

12. Gretsia

Woot?You have to be a whale to be at 290ap for example?

13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i think 290 kutum is even reachable with only pen dande and full tet accessories.

14. Naicon

Naicon Maehwa 64 EU

Didn't you know? You need full Pen C9 Armor to have 290 AP.

15. Myntiix

you are always so funny.
    oho, wait you are actually not.

AZzalor likes this.
  16. Gretsia

I Have 298ap & i buy my monthly value pack plus some extras that i got all those years (pets,invetrory slots,Lts & tent).
    I just dont get why someone have to be a whale to achive those ap.
    For sure needs time & obviously those new grind spots are not for new players.

17. Shinee

I agree with you. I have play since start/release, have 288AP etc... You get it at time when you play year after year.
    But my opinion is that if I will have new contest, then I should pay something to the game so they can create new content. That is for me basic. Are we who put some money (a reasonably payment) to the game then "whales"?? Then, without whales we have no game anymore! (In my opinion the whales is they who spent realy much money every month to get chance to force their gear)

18. ۜSиσω

And hopefully the donkey gear!

T800 likes this.
  19. Gretsia

Agree!!

20. Jupto

Looks nice but what is it for other than new spots for Whales to flex their PEN Blackstar what ever?
    And also, why create something like that when all they want is for players stay at a spot and grind untill they die of old age?
    There are many people that has been in BDO for years and has not seen anything else than the main grind spots etc. and thats why i wrote that.
    Dont give me that crap reply about everyone can get 290AP, flick off, try make a new character then try and spend 0€ on the game and get 290+AP without having been killed 1Billion times by griefers, you do know, to get better gear you have to be at those spots where griefers think they own the place right? Did you wake up now?

Blitzball likes this.