1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O'dyllita is the hype is still here?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amirite, Oct 6, 2020.

1. DarkBever

why is there no trader in odraxxia [​IMG]

2. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

I dissagree, because a pri fallen god armor like you would like to call it is still stronger then a pen dim tree. therefore it would be confusing for the playerbase as they would compare it with other pri's and thats simply no comparison. effectively its enhancing past pen so following your logic they should have made them VI VII VIII IX and X

LesserHellspawn likes this.
  3. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

5 houses in odraxxia. 2 of them are doubled. not very much for housing player. expected more

0Ninja and DarkBever like this.
  4. LightningFFXIII-4

Triple AAA game btw.

DarkBever, Fjokki and MADE like this.
  5. Vortexii

WRONG: A simple test can disprove that in seconds. All you need to do is compare other grades and find out that everything you stated doesn't work. Otherwise ALL equipment would need it's own ranking system.

6. Vanraven

When Drieghan was added it felt very underwhelming. The grinding zones still didn't feel that great, but the ones I've tried so far in Odylllita are nice. I really like thornwood forest.

7. Füjin

This...I love how the city looks, race etc. One of the Residences it's pretty spacious. But it's not worth the bother since would take me ages to move my hub from Heidel where i have 90% of my stuff stored, and even with horse the distance makes it even less worth. Such a shame, i really like O'draxxia.

8. DafuqYouLookinAt

---> Took way too long to release, my hype is gone but I'm happy it's finally here.
    Moving forward, I'd really like to see content not take so long that hype is questionable.

These are the only things I could think of at the current moment since I'm still exploring & taking my time on it.

Grinding / Grind Spots:
    • Haven't grinded yet, but I heard the grind spots aren't that great in terms of trash loot/etc?
    • I feel like there's far too many grind areas that don't offer enough growth to a character in various ways.
    Design & Music
    • Region is very well designed; gorgeous w/ a dark & mysterious vibe.
    • Incredible soundtracks in each area.
    • Spacious areas, not too cluttered looking.
    • I love the dark elvish races & mobs as well.
    O'draxxia City Housing:
    • Extremely disappointing & here's why.
    • They're look like dark tombs. I get there's slavery... but I expected the housing to be similar to Grana just more unique to this city.
    • Housing needs way more options. I don't like how they're either too small or too much like a warehouse w/ no structure.
    • I still really want more mansions nearby the main towns/cities like Velia-Heidel-Calpheon.

Amirite and DarkBever like this.
  9. MADE

https://steamcharts.com/app/582660#1m
    You can see the "hype" clearly, the player increase caused by this "content" is close to zero.
    Though we should wait a wee to see, maybe weekend players make a difference, but so far nothing.

LiquidEmotion likes this.
  10. Unranked

enhance wise or stat wise? because for stat wise im definately right and for enhancement its a bit more complicated since a so called pri fallen god can degrade back to base, so base should actually be pri and pri duo etc..

11. MajorThor

Questing in BDO is the worst out of any MMO I've ever played, I'm still at the starting point in Mediah....I'm sure you can see my dilemma considering every NPC's "knowledge" it gated behind the main quest line.

12. Vortexii

It's simple not all grades are created equal. You may as well consider Fallen God Armor an Orange piece of equipment. Thus in comparison to a green or blue there would be a difference in PRI-PEN.

Everyone accepts a Green PEN vs BLUE vs BOSS is different and expects the results to match. Fallen God is no different.

What you are saying is essentially that every color/rank needs it's own special label which has never been the case.

Blackstar isn't PRI-PEN, it needs to be Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro, Cinco AMIRIGHT?

Boss Armor should be I, II, III, IV, V

Note: Even my mockery makes more sense than PA's labelling ;)

13. Deyric

Never was hyped for it. And now that I've started the main questline even more disappointed. NPC's espousing supremacist ideology all the while the story portraying themselves as the victims, and we don't even get to stand against them we have to work with them.

#73 Deyric, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Marzipan Stan likes this.
  14. Vortexii

If you want a good storyline play Another Eden. It was created from prior developers of both Final Fantasy 7 & Crono Trigger. Those games are still highly regarded today as some of the best RPG's ever created.

Or of course you could play BDO and go collect 1,000 Novuer Scales along with tons of other mundane items in a quest for the Garmoth Heart.

DarkBever likes this.
  15. Boink

I had fun pressing R a lot.

Life2v, Marzipan Stan, Karna5 and 4 others like this.
  16. Unranked

well yes its red gear but its also enhancement past pen. for blackstar armor it makes sense to have the same naming scheme as dim tree and rednose. But with fallengod armor being the same colour tier as blackstar, but it being a just as strong as blackstar at base and only increasing beyond, its different from any other colour tier difference in armors. so YES it is a way of enhancing past pen and therefore a different naming is apropirate like I said with numbers beyond pen.

17. Vortexii

It is important to remember that millions of people have played BDO. So even a simple change like the naming convention means that a mass of people would need to get updated on this information. Many will need to look up the names as they are just made up descriptions. Of hand I can't name a single one of the new enchants even though I saw the list.

In addition things like search functionality can be effected. If you can search for TET for example it may not match properly.

The PRI-PEN has existed in BDO for years there is simply no need to change this. Pearl Abyss admitted they only did it to make players "feel" it was different, which is completely pointless. If you are getting Fallen God Armor in BDO and don't know it's value, then you probably shouldn't have it.

18. Unranked

man at this point you are just complaining for the sake of complaining. I think the vast majority of people prefere to have their superior version of pen dim/rednose/blackstar to atleast look like its a pen or better. compare this to the people that are too dumb to learn a few suffixes and I see exactly why they did it this way.

19. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

So they could name them base= pen, plus one enhance= pen/pri, then pen/duo up to pen/pen

20. Ezikeo

Got more spots to run around for hours YAY!