1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O'dyllita is the hype is still here?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amirite, Oct 6, 2020.

1. LiquidEmotion

Not hyped.

Already explored it in the GL months ago. I honestly haven't even bothered to go there yet since it released officially in NA. I don't know why they didn't release it earlier but I could care less now about it. It's cool for screenshots but its just another place to grind mobs in circles again and a lot of players don't even have the gear for it yet or won't ever care enough to get geared for Odylitta before they get bored of BDO unless they make the game easier. Not that interesting of an area. Just a reskinned area with the same exact activities with a higher requirement and they made NA wait THIS long for it. Yay......

#81 LiquidEmotion, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Fateneko likes this.
  2. Tekkons

From my whole (casual) guild, from what I hear only one guy is able to farm profitable at Star's End and this guy does not play the game for the next months. For real numbers though, what would be the base number to consider? By April 2019, the game had reached over 18 million players. As of January 2020, the game has reached 30 million players. How many millions have been grinding at any high AP / DP area ever? So the real number would be way less than 1% as my personal guess.

TucoRamires likes this.
  3. MADE

That's the number of created accounts though. The number of active players are way, way less.

4. Tekkons

That's true. Still, it's "just another" super high AP/DP region for those active who can't and won't attract many who stopped playing. I'm part time active, I like the music of the new region though even if that's all i will get from this "hyped" thing

5. MMOStein

-This game unironically made me see why games like GW2 and FFXIV is such excellent MMOs. Neither one of these games I enjoyed much before I discovered BDO And now I love both of them. GW2 has been my main MMO for the last two years. Super fun game and community.

-MMO players are Literally more swooned to play a single player game (Genshin Impact) than play a new expansion in BDO. Just think about that.

-Literally more hyped for Minecraft's cave update, than anything they can possibly release in this travesty of a game.

-I Literally don' t understand how anyone plays this game. It is actually genuinely beyond me. Are people really that mesmerized by jiggly tits or...? Well go play BnS, doesn't get much jigglier than that.....well maybe not because that game a travesty too.

-Yes I am overusing the word "Literally" for the meme.

6. Aysnvaust

With that stupid attempt at being witty (that, btw, tells us more about you than you might think) you
    - wait for it -
    literally
    excluded yourself from being taken serious. Welcome to my "one of these trolls"- list.

TucoRamires, Deyric, MADE and 2 others like this.
  7. Füjin

I like the open world, i like the combat, i like the graphics, the character creator and more...But on the contrary, i would love to see more actual armor type outfit diversity.
    It's fine you do not like the game anymore, happens to everyone. We move on to other games eventually, but why post silly forum comments for a game you seem to despise so much. Just go enjoy the games you like :P

Fateneko and MoonDance17 like this.
  8. MMOStein

That was not being witty. The fact that you think that may have been witty says more about you than me. Also, I literally (unironic that time) do not care about your troll list. You are irrelevant.

I do it, to antagonize people like you, who think that the only posts you are allowed to find on a public forum, are echo chamber responses of your bias. Also, so you may actually question yourself for once if the game you play everyday is actually trash. Which it is.

#88 MMOStein, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  9. Andaro

Ambassador

Need a gif of the Ordylitta apes grooving to Dance Monkey

10. MADE

I tell you a "secret" bdo is a single player game.

#90 MADE, Oct 11, 2020
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  11. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Pretty much.

12. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

I litteraly feel more immersed in any combat in BDO than in any other Mmorpg.

Fateneko and TucoRamires like this.
  13. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

I guess if I was a bad vicious wolf. I too would consider Season PvP servers less toxic then Season PvE servers where you can't be fed to the mobs. And can not lose hours of progression because I like to grief people for funzies.

I sometimes wonder why people like that are that way. Was they bullied and life so much, that they have the need to bully others when able they are able too? Was they shown so much hate in life, that they have the need to spread that hate to others? I don't get this type of mindset, where it's entertainment to make someone miserable. Sadists are truly a different breed of creatures.

14. Boink

Games are designed as an escape to reality. Of course, except for addiction (like myself yes I'm a gambling addict) some probably had a traumatizing childhood, got bullied, and need a platform to vent out, or they are the bullies but life didn't treat them as good as they want, or just a really bad day.

You can tell if someone had it bad when they are doing it consecutively. This includes the underlying result of their behavior like lying or cheating.

15. Denthors

sorry but, you are wrong, devlopers/publisher/investors/corporation even single dev studios, make games cuz its their job and its what they like... to code. and they do it cuz they want money. FINALY DOT

Games are designed to generate profit.

the product fun, is optional. (but if it is fun it going to sell more . that logic :P but the word fun dose not exist in the dev language they use the word addictive :P ) )the goal in the end is to make fat money.

even if you can find devs, that say, we are gamer and we make game for gamers etc etc ... they are still in it for the MONEY

take Baldur's gate 3 for example. they literally broke steam on EA release date. because the game sold massively, we were creating a involuntary ddos attack on steam. I don't see BDO braking the internet anytime soon :P

am pretty sure the people at larian studio are celebrating :P, while the people working at KG are ..... answering tickets :P am saying this cuz the new expansion of BDO was released the same day, and they actually lost me :P

to the OP : the hype was long gone, took them way to muck time to release the darn thing.

#95 Denthors, Oct 11, 2020
  16. Boink

I was looking at it as a consumer perspective.

But yes most of the things you say are true when it comes to game development. Look at Fallen God Armor for example.

17. FairlyEnjoyable

FairlyEnjoyable Lahn 62 NA

"Global release btw" :D
    "We'll never make the game p2w" :D
    Can't really expect anything from them. The list of let-downs goes on and on.

18. LightningFFXIII-4

Odylita makes me wanna pen roullete and quit if i dont get a PEN.

MADE likes this.
  19. woots

Your opinion / vision.
    I think seasonal pve are far less toxic, as no one cry about "their rotation" ( and good lord what a relief to not see anymore thoses "pvper crybaby" ), no one try to force toxic "pvp" on you so waste your time & waste somes with very polite and pleasant talk once they release you dont live by their "owpvp life"
    Players just grind, most of the time just spread themself to no walk on each other foot, sometime sure try to ougrind like 1-2min and go mind their own buisiness once they release it doesnt work.

In all thoses BDO "years" that's the most peacefull BDO experience i've saw.

But at least, as you seem to prefer arsha and find your enjoyment in it, that's a nice way to show that channel split with no flag & channel still with flag, work as for that point everyone pick his side & are happy with it.

1 more point in favor on pve / with flag channel split.

LesserHellspawn and MoonDance17 like this.
  20. IWalkAlone

Your opinion/vision.
    I didnt like first Season because everyone outgrind you if you are mele.Evryone grind on top of you.And when you gother to party there are 2345 people and you have to wait for respawn.
    On arsha season on the other hand you have plently of mobs, you have PvP which is fun.Zero I mean zero trash talk.You grind you PvP and continue to grind.If there is higher gear player in lower zone you team up with strangers and push him away.Its so much fun and the games work perfect.There is balance that lack in PvE only seasons.
    1 more point in favor on PvPvE server.
    To be honest If there was no Arsha season I woudnt step foot on seasons.I simply cant stand PvE griefers and lack of mobs.Specialy the first one.
    But like you said thats my opinion, the same way you have your own that difers than mine.