1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official: Male Ranger (Archer) GLOBAL RELEASE DEC 12th. Ranged Mainhand and Awakening from LVL 1!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MightyMidgit, Apr 14, 2018.

?

Are you looking forward to a 100% ranged class?

1. Yes! This is worth rerolling for!

161 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. Yes! This is what I wanted Ranger to be!

161 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. No. I'm fine with my class.

157 vote(s)
    26.6%
  4. Hell no! Fighting a 100% ranged class sounds like absolute cancer!

112 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

The magic glove is the offhand. The datamined awakening weapon is a Greatbow.

Crossbow mainhand.
    Magic Glove offhand.
    Greatbow Awakening.

Again, this could still change. The offhand was originally a sword.

eitheldin, Felyni and Life Aries like this.
  2. Tvvin

I feel like everything from this point is permanent . Seems like they want him to be a Archer. My only concern is Pearl Abyss messing with the Greatbow aesthetics. I'm not liking the wrist crossbow.. I just wanna see a normal Greatbow with a heavy weapon feeling.

MightyMidgit and eitheldin like this.
  3. I agree, I would have prefered a regular crossbow too...

Blackhearted and Tvvin like this.
  4. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

I also think a regular crossbow would be better, but I am not against the arm crossbow. I also want a HEAVY feeling Greatbow. I want feel the impact of each shot, not just the usual pew pew pew of the Ranger's bow.

That being said, PLEASE do not put recoil or forced movement on "stationary" awakened skills. The forced movement is one of the most annoying things about Ranger's bow. You cannot stand on something and shoot from it because the Ranger will step backwards off of it like an idiot. Don't get me wrong. Ranger is bae, but she's an idiot.

5. Tvvin

Yea . Arm crossbows arent really my thing.. it feels more fitting for unique weapon costume or something. Im a huge nerd for historically accurate weapons. My only expections are great type weapons. If they nail the greatbow's impact feeling and looks, any problems I have with Archer is gone lol

I didn't think of thatt... Man I know how you feel . I wish force movement didn't push people of edges (similar to how Sprint or caution will keep the player from falling of f) or yea it gets completely removed. Forced movement is a bad feature.

*Nods*

No disagreements. Ranger is easily a top tier waifu lol

MightyMidgit and eitheldin like this.
  6. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

I seriously cant wait for this class. I really hope the Greatbow stays as their awakening weapon. I need a fully ranged archer in my life.

The arm crossbow is a little awkward, but so long as the greatbow is spot on I am fine with it.

Tvvin and eitheldin like this.
  7. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

Next thing we know, greatbow is mounted on the back pointing straight upwards, forcing the wielder to bow down in a crouch position to fire arrows, almost like a ballistae!

8. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

That would be terrifying! Also absolutely terrible...I would hope the devs have a little more taste than that, but it is PA...

Tvvin likes this.
  9. Tvvin

That's pure nightmare fule LOL

10. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

why would someone prefer a male ranger over a female waifu ranger.... i dont get it.

better make an adult tamer instead = more money. not everyone wants to play an underaged loli girl.

11. You don't have to get it, it's ok.

12. Tvvin

Mm me personally. I don't pick my mains based on my attraction. Otherwise id probably main any female classes minus sorc or tamer lol

I do prefer to main male characters tho. It feels more immersive designing a character in my imagine and I don't get people hopes up by being a gril trap

Also a characters playstyle is hugely important to me. Im a fan of high skill cap classes that are assassin's,bow users or duel wielders . That being said , I want to try Archers kit :D a lot of people will hard reroll him if he's OP tho. So might as well learn his kit regardless to fight him

13. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

That and because u can just feel how much stronger arms the male characters have compared to their female counterparts

14. Tvvin

Wait wha lol

15. [​IMG]

16. Tvvin

[​IMG]

Dalenos and eitheldin like this.
  17. Factorial

the great bow will probably be a melee weapon instead of a ranged weapon with damage split becaus Pearl Amiss

18. [​IMG]

Tvvin likes this.
  19. Corrus

As expected, Male Ranger looks like a hardcore twink

Triinu likes this.
  20. Wildcard

He will rot nice and dusty next to my zerker in my vault, just vor collection completion XO