1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*OFFICIAL* Male Ranger incoming! Crossbow Mainhand and Greatbow Awakening!

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by MightyMidgit, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 61

Wouldn't make sense given it would be easier to give it to ranger . Given how there's a male ranger in our game goes kinda tells

2. T800

#22 T800, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  3. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 61

Nah. PA is smarter than that. Their cash shop shows it lool

4. eitheldin

Lahn isn't here yet, they will wait before announcing anything, even a mirror class.

5. Netreiam

Not even.

In fact I would say it’s 99% a male elf. Why?

I’m guessing that PA is treating this like warrior/valk instead of striker/mystic.
    Most of the differences can be attributed to male strength vs female agility

1. Crossbows require a ton of strength to load. It was common to ground a crossbow and use a wind up mechanic by planting it with your foot. A bow also requires strength to use, but I’d say less than loading a crossbow on the move, which I envision this class doing.

2. A sword could be the masculine counter to rangers dagger. Honestly if you look at warrior vs valk you could say that warrior uses a longsword vs valks shortsword. The difference could just be PA making sure people are forced to do a full reroll and spend on those artisans.

3. We got a glimpse at a male elf in dreighan which could hint their debut.

4. If you want to be cynical about game company laziness creating a dwarf character model that would have to have a ton of new animation is a lot harder than altering existing human male models with pointy ears.

Hissis and eitheldin like this.
  6. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 60 EU

Hm.

As a Ranger main - I wouldn't mind it being a Dwarf. In fact, that could probably get me to level a class higher than 56 again.

Looking forward to it, no matter what it actually is.

eitheldin likes this.
  7. LunaValentyn

they didn't wait to make lahn til we got mystic.

8. eitheldin

It doesn't mean they will do the same now, it doesn't appear like good advertising to me. Mystic came too late for some reason, they couldn't do differently.

9. LunaValentyn

honestly they had said they wouldn't put out any new classes for a while anyways because they wanted to focus on more content so the whole thing is a massive disappointment in that regard. To top it off mystic still was a success so I wouldn't put it past pearl abyss to do it again considering this is already them going back on the "no new classes for a while" statement.

this sums Pearl Abyss up pretty nicely [​IMG]Idk who to specifically credit that image to >.> but I didn't make it.

choovanski, Tvvin and eitheldin like this.
  10. eitheldin

They also said, long ago, that they weren't going to make counterparts anymore cause they were planning to do always something new, then Mystic showed up. I don't see much coherency in these people... :P

Tiffa and LunaValentyn like this.
  11. LunaValentyn

a very fair comment lol and the whole "we aren't going to nerf anybody" thing :/ they sure go back on a lot of the things they say and ignore the community a lot at PA, though it seems like they take any slightly harsh critique as a personal attack so I'm not surprised.

No shade to daum though, they seem to be doing their best to work with a difficult provider.

eitheldin likes this.
  12. eitheldin

True that they seem to take criticism on a personal level, I have this feeling too :|

Yes, I guess they are trying their best. They risk to lose credibility if they don't, also.

LunaValentyn likes this.
  13. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

We have an awakening weapon now, a Greatbow:
    [​IMG]

14. Akaru

Have no interest in playing torbjorn.
    Give me Link.

15. Hissis

Especially cause they have the base male ''ranger'' since 2015.

It's probably a male elf.

@Topic

I'm really excited about that, i have been waiting for this since 2015, i'm just sad cause i recently bought a TET Dande for my Striker ( he is my alt).

I hope they announce it as soon as possible.

eitheldin likes this.
  16. LunaValentyn

I feel like a full ranged class is something the community has been asking for for a while(for for...english is lovely) so I guess this could be good in that way and if it is a male elf, that would also be interesting(though they seem to offer very little variety in male body types aside from wizard and zerker and styles which is upsetting so hopefully this won't just be another standard male if it is. It'd be nice to make a pretty elf lol all elves are supposed to be pretty, not handsome).

One concern though right off the bat is that dps type classes seem to be a bit at a disadvantage with the DR buffs incoming and tanky classes who are capable of extremely high burst damage, it'll be interesting to see if this class is even viable on release or if it turns out like Lahn where most people don't pvp with it because it sort of flopped.

eitheldin likes this.
  17. freymarch

Whatever happens, my bank is ready :3

eitheldin likes this.
  18. stalas

if its better than the actual ranger rip my 62 ranger with 15% exp and 2565 sp
    good things i dont make pen weapon on my ranger
    at least i got the pegasus and the map :D

#38 stalas, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Rilok, MightyMidgit and eitheldin like this.
  19. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

If this class turns out to be a solid ranged only class, I will start spending money on this game again.

HEAR ME PA!!! I WILL PAY YOU TO MAKE THIS CLASS GOOD!!!

I'm with you there, except I am only lvl 61 with 2k sp (even though my information on the forums doesn't seem to want to update...).

20. Casty

Unfortunately i dont think it can be dwarf, a dwarf cant use a greatbow... lol