1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official statement on class balance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by OptimusPrime, Sep 24, 2018.

1. OptimusPrime

Submitted a ticket regarding class balance.

This thread is for their official reply. Will update this post with their official explanation.

BDO Esport ready?

So lets hear from the expert devs on why they think the classes are balanced.

*update*

Official statement from GM Ammy Ticket 745790:

"Unfortunately, it is not possible to speak with the Pearl Abyss executive director directly as the GM team handle all game-related queries and questions."

Official statement from GM Hali Ticket 745709:

"we cannot give straight up answers"

Someone make a rap song out of these lyrics for me. I'll upload it as background music for a ninja montage video.

#1 OptimusPrime, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    ODB3698 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  2. Blitzball

Kakao doesn't care about that. You should contact Jae-Kim , the lead producer :)

3. Oddyss

and why you think your question will be answered if everyone ask it for couple months and they give a...

there will be no balance....never ever

only possible ballance is to give everyone same skill set with same dmg stats but maybe different animations and effects

TarkusBlack likes this.
  4. C4rdinal

Plebs will always complain. Git gud

5. ghoulz666

You mean Git Lucky so you simply overpower others with gear rather than skill.

Auralexia and ManlyBeard like this.
  6. TeRRoRibleOne

Uhh, classes aren't balanced either, not even close. Witch/wizard/ninja/striker are literally god tier following right behind them with mystic/kuno/beserker. It's not even funny at this point. Siege guilds have slowly been getting rid of all the other classes that I didn't mention. Hell, I'm having to level a stupid striker because maehwa going into castles is utterly useless at this point since they have no protected skills to kill, are glass cannon, and don't even have the high burst damage they should when compared to the other classes that have high burst damage. I hate with a passion playing striker since it's clunky as ****. But with siege this is what's happening due to their lack of balancing. For siege, the old system before their class balancing was at least better.

7. FunkD

I've witnessed Strokers strip down to 220AP and still 1 combo any class 554+ renown helplessly.. No 100%, no E-buff or BSR absorb needed for that trick. *Class balance btw...

Idiots don't even realize certain classes cannot even function competitively unless they "unbreak themselves" by "breaking themselves" with 270+ AP renown bonuses thanks to "class balancing" and a generic "CC or SA per skill and 2 CC/immune" rules.

Their upcoming "equalized gear" TwitchCon PvP tournament will be HILARIOUS no doubt. A TRUE DISPLAY OF BDO'S CLASS BALANCE.

Crimson_Scarlet and ODB3698 like this.
  8. Solsi

They probably think balance = classes are diverse good at different things. Just to bad that some classes aren't really good at anything.

Also how people wont notice how bad it really is, because can always blame gear difference or lack of individual skill.

Class imbalance obviously exists in most mmorpgs, since almost impossible to get it right. But it's not as punishing in other games where PvP is optional or a side activity.

Endgame in BDO is PvP(siege NW) and and open world comes with endless PvP encounters. Most profitable farming is also done on a PvP channel. The need for class balance goes up greatly in a game with this design and setting. People shouldn't feel demotivated and restricted to play the game, purely based on the fact that they picked the wrong class.

9. Rayin

No, he simply felt compelled to fart but the vocal assistant of its phone translated that elaborate thought like that and he happened to be in that thread.
    Pick it with a grain of salt, but that's what happened most likely.

10. Kuu

Kuu

Whil everything you say is more or less in line with what everyone else generally sees, a definitive reason is not so easy.

BDO has way too many factors to calculate class and player power. Buffs, like elxirs for instance greatly change, a battle up and down the line. Heck if you pop a rare black spirit stone, you're pretty much a demi-god.

While there are archtypes, in the end there's a lot of factor to stay up say one class is better then another class, because it doesn't take much to make sure your 100% BS- elixir buffed- fulled PvP, flag jumping overworld kill deed is done.

Heck even in a grind spot, someone with 500 wt and someone with 1500 wt is pretty much GG. You may be superior, but you can only last 50 pots before you have to restock, and if some spots are impossible.

11. Stabby

Your tickets are being submitted to Kakao, not Pearl Abyss. Kakao has no control, or official opinion, about class balance. They are the publisher only.

12. 2Cents

The last person that attacked me got 1 shot. I won so I didn't see any issues at all.

13. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

As long as people spending $$$ on pearls, its "working as intended"

14. TeRRoRibleOne

That is part of the issue. One of the things they took away from my class, maehwa, is their ability to dash for long periods. The stamina nerf gimped the class really hard. That is a class defining skill they broke. Then maehwa was supposed to have the highest burst dmg because they are glass cannon, that was also stripped away from them. Musa does more burst dmg than maehwa now after their buff back in February. It's getting to the point that it's showing these dev's have zero clue what they've done and when they're told they just go "ehhh, we don't ****ing care". There's an entire thread in the maehwa section discussing how the class could get fixed since they literally gutted any type of safe engage we have. The result of it? Nothing.

ODB3698 likes this.
  15. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Since I'm an adult I've decided it's no longer healthy for me to believe in fairy tales..... you know... like class balance.

Reigne Irkalla and ODB3698 like this.
  16. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Yeah Musa , ranger and DK are all trash with high gear in siege. Let's give them a big buff

#16 Tvvin, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Crimson_Scarlet likes this.
  17. Dringe

Clicked expecting an actual message from PA regarding class balance.
    Jebaited again

SnakeAttack, Stabby and Tvvin like this.
  18. TeRRoRibleOne

You missed the entire point cause you're a ninja

ODB3698 likes this.
  19. WoolyDub

How does class balance matter when gear-based RNG is the metric?

Don't @ me with your moot point, "When Class X RNG's a full set of PEN it's light years better than Class Y when it miracle RNG's full PEN. We've crunched the numbers, bruh."

20. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Their response has been consistent since the beginning.

No response... Aka, they dont ****ing care buy more pearls sheep. lul

ODB3698 likes this.