1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Old player problems

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Morwath, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

After 3 years of playing BDO I struck wall, about 3-4 months ago I started to have problems with game ( luck of ambition to progress) and in that 3-4 months I made totally 0 progress. I play 4~h per day, but not everyday.

So I looking for advice, what to do?

My GS: 276/269/296 (61 Archer)
    I trying to grind but after 1h I'm bored and leaving spot, I sold my dream and tried to make accessories TET (which I lack) and somehow didn't made ;)

Please give me tips, how to break that wall?
    Should I change my routine? Have some goals? Or what?

Thanks for any help!

2. WinterMilla

While I hate this argument I would have to agree. You can only play this game so much before you hit a while. The only thing you can do is save money and go for pens.

Solitaire likes this.
  3. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I've had to take a couple of month or so long breaks just to renew my desire for this game. I think sometimes if you find yourself without direction, sticking around can just make you feel frustrated and eventually bitter. Think of it like a vacation in RL so you don't get burn't out at your job.

Otherwise if you want to stay connected with the game, take a different direction for a while and do some lifeskilling or sailing. Sometimes what can make or break a game is the people you find and share experiences with. Liven up the guild you're in if it's a bit dead, or find one that suits what you're looking for.

Good luck and I hope you find your passion again!

Phoenixxx75 and Solitaire like this.
  4. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

I don't have any problems in RL, have great job, I jog + train everyday but playing BDO to spend some times with my friend.
    Just last time I don't have any motivation to login, maybe I will do as you say, I will change from grinding to for example Trading ( never tried it)

Aiwen and Akesuke like this.
  5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

So you have PEN weapons and looking advise on forums ? Because w/o TET accessories you can't reach that AP brackets with TET weapons.
    What to do ? Enjoy elements of game you like, there is like ~5% of player base have same equip like you, rest have no idea what its cost mentally and money wise to progress at this point of gear, all they can say its meme about spending X thousands $ per week.

6. kakodaimonos

Nice.

upload_2019-7-4_11-31-2.png

Akesuke likes this.
  7. Factorial

The problem is soloing the game most of the time is boring af. The same circling again and again is boring af.

We need more and varying content. It's a "sandbox" but you only have two options: afk lifeskill or grind until eyes bleed.

I would call that a weak ass sandbox. Nah. Its not a sandbox. It's the same as a theme park MMO.

Akesuke likes this.
  8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

Take break while playing something else. Come back when ready.

9. GreyRebel

Go play another game ,and just log in to get ur daily login rewards , in 2 months decide if ypu want bdo to still be your main game or ypu want the other game

10. GM Ammy

Game Master

Hey there @Morwath!

Many players here have given you some great advice. Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly what you should do, but if you think that taking a break is necessary then go for it! Coming back with a fresh mindset is always a good thing.

There are so many things that you can focus on other than grinding such as decorating your horse, enhancing your items, lifeskilling, trying to awaken a Dream Horse. I'm sure that you can find something that you like :)

Happy gaming!

Misdemeanor likes this.
  11. DatGruntGuy

play another game on the side or take a break cant play a game forever and still enjoy it the same as when you started

12. Preston Vaie

everyone here has said it perfectly. Take a break, take a kit kat

13. Misdemeanor

Misdemeanor Felony Tamer NA

(I post this all in good fun lol)
    As a player since beta, I can honestly say I have not tried this yet!
    :D<3

14. Lyandrian

Just take a few month break

I play since 2016 Oktober

i had 269-273-296
    i was in a medium pvp base guild , but i bored about the play , when node wars always slice to half my play time , so i did 2 month break.
    i'm back to game when the Sai pre-creation event started
    I Make my Black start TET (under 2 week) , and now hyping for TET tungrad belt , and PEN weapon ench.
    I can enjoy the game again.
    I joined to the casual guild , just doing what i enjoy , grinding aakman or harvest lakiaro (I usualy enjoy the more profitable things :D , expect SMH) , doing some fun PvP in BA or RBF.
    Now i'm LvL62 276-273-296 Meahwa , this is my main , and yesterday i hit 470D ingame time with it.

15. The Gray Lady

Ok, so you've hit "the wall"...

There is a ton of things to do in this game to be sure, including the many suggestions listed here, but the fact remains that if you are not happy, you're not happy. The best advice I can give you is to examine why you're not happy. Is it simply boredom? Is it the idea of doing things by yourself? Or is it something more, like maybe you just don't like the game any more. If it's simply boredom, the key is finding something you are interested in and going from there. Set a goal and go for it. In the case of being alone, find an active guild and do things together. If you truly think you don't like the game any more, then the obvious answer is to go find something else. If you do, can I haz ur stuff? (jk) In the meantime, here's a couple of ideas for you.

1. It's obvious by what you're saying that you have a firm grasp of the game and its mechanics. There is at least a metric ton of people out there who could benefit from your expertise. Find a guild of lowbies or newbies and help them out. Make your goal to get everyone in the guild to 60 with TET gear or something.
    2. Decorate a house. Find a place you like, and then find everything in-game that you can to outfit it. I think my first 10K points for decorating my place came from in-game vendors and crafting. Took me months to get it the way I wanted it, too.
    3. Make a character in a class you wouldn't normally play and do every quest there is as you level instead of powerleveling and going back later. It's how I found my "main." I always played casters and never even dreamed of playing a DDMG melee character, but thanks to a spate of boredom a while back, I found my melee character is my favorite.
    4. If you haven't already, clear the entire map. Go find every node, meet every NPC, gain all the knowledge. In other words, hit "H" and start at the beginning.
    Good luck to you, and if you want, you are more than welcome to PM me in-game and I will come hang out. Just send me a message here and I'll give you my details.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. Waifu_Hunter

bdo is work with amusing salt events sprinkled in. Like all work you need vacations. It's important to have some side games to rotate through that take your mind completely off of bdo while you afk cook, or train, or something. 24/7 work work work is bad for mental health and thus burnout happens. Especially when you grind for a month and all that progress disappears in a single click. you need a rebound game to play.

#16 Waifu_Hunter, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019