1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One shotted for days...

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Ballzachhs, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Ballzachhs

So I've hit soft cap for gear and replaced my seraps with a tri ogre, but for some reason I still get one shot in every node war and in RBF. Maybe its because the other players have pen gear or tet accessories but I doubt every single one of them does.. I'm a lvl 61, almost 62, mystic and everyone keep saying "you have the most OP class in the game" so that again raises the wuestion...WHY TF AM I ALWAYS ONE SHOT..

(combos and SA rotations are not the reason, i also hit like a wet noodle somehow.)

Attached Files:

2. Blitzball

Because of AP brackets. Everyone running with 300+AP.
    294DP ( full TET boss gear with Nouver ) is not enough to survive.

AP brackets need to be deleted , like renown score.

Atm , the only way to have a decent survivability without running a full DP build , is to have full PEN armor with at least 10 levels of Caphras in each piece.D:<

FoxTheAlmighty and Fearless V like this.
  3. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 61 NA

Because TRI Ogre doesn't give you any DP? LOL

Because you went all AP monkey and have nothing for DP... Thats why..

Being softcap isn't special, its bare minimum for PVP.

NannaOgg, LightsOut, Slytrix and 6 others like this.
  4. Nalbina

Nalbina 62 EU

As @Dryed said you went AP monkey (which is pretty understandable given the previous renown system) so don't expect any tankiness.

You play mystic, so you should have more survivability against magic classes (witchards should not one shot you) but you do not have a very high burst damage combo.

In NW (and RBF I guess but I rarely go there) people are generally at minimum softcap and run a lot of buffs (food rotation, elixirs, villa, guild skill etc.) so if you engage them with a cron food and a giant draught you will probably have a bad time.

Netreiam and Fearless V like this.
  5. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

I play a mystic with 261/269/301 at the moment and have just started working on caphras on armor. No one is tanky with an AP build regardless of class. With renown removal, most geared players are less tanky. You can kill geared AP build players of any class with softcap AP on a mystic. You may not always one combo, but you can one combo (I have played mystic with 253-259 AP and routinely drop to softcap AP in BA duels).

Expect to be squishy. Most people are squishy outside of iframes or PA. Don’t use your unprotected combos in large scale unless you are skirmishing away from the main fight. Don’t expect to solo kill geared players in the main fight as your role is to vacuum, CC, dump some damage, and get out. You may use dragon rip, sea burial, rising dragon, tranquility (to get back shards) then dash out. Or you may flash step to instant wave orb, to sea burial, to rising dragon, to tranquility, then flash step out. Don’t try to use lengthy unprotected combos as they won’t work. You can also use twisted collision and it’s flows situationally, but avoid them in the main ball.

My 1v1, small scale, and large scale playstyles are very different. Large scale is about being support with some burst damage and then get the hell out. This is a little different in node wars than RBFs, as you may stay in longer in node wars based on shot caller calls. In 1v1s, we can combo people well and have more solo kill threat. This just doesn’t work as well in RBF as if you try to combo someone, another will interrupt you.

I generally do well in RBF on both my mystic and witch as the classes fair well in RBF (witch more so given how RBF works). But I always keep in mind, especially on velia 4 RBF, that there are some 600+ renown hybrid builds out there. A softcap player is going to have a hard time killing them. Some of them have enough DP, that they can’t be 1 combo’d reliably even at 269 AP.

Nagasaki, Tvvin, Souda and 2 others like this.
  6. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

im at 316 and i can notice a big diff in being able to superarmor trade, slowly i will reach for next dp cap at 323 for even more tanky trades and u can tank some classes ccs on u. The dp is noticable and worthwhile to push, but it is a combination of things

Netreiam likes this.
  7. mickey3333

DP is a meme outside 1v1 combat or 80AP noob. There is a meme DP wizard who likes to boast his 340dp in T1 nodewar tanking 10 ppl at the same time but still gets blown up in 3s during RBF unlimited. That same dude never be seen in RBF for a long time since his ego have been hurt. If you want to be a pain in the arse and chunk all your pot then go with DP.

Ballzachhs and Bizmarc89 like this.
  8. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet DarkKnight 60 NA

If you dont want to blow up straight away in wars or rbf have 2 builds an ap one and use Morco's bag to swap out and have a dp build .
    You can make really cheap dp/dr builds using shrine rings,token earings,rhutum belt and bensho kneck or the more expensive golds.
    The benifit is you don't die straight away and all you have to do is put away weapons and click on the bag stay alive while waiting on pushes the w

Hybrids not a bad route but works better on certain classes like witch/wiz,striker and ninja and with higher accessories.

If all fails and you don't want to be 1 shot go retard dp its fun and pisses people off that went monkey I personally run 2 builds 265/312 for AP and 136/440 for DP meming (very heavy evasion) while im on waiting on e buff and long skill cds , you wont kill anyone but they wont be killing you anytime soon.

Ballzachhs likes this.
  9. jangalangz

Get rid of that TRI Tree belt.

10. peanut777

This is the end result of 1000 mindless newbs crying nerf on a fun class ..... the only solution is go get many pens and tet yellow accessories, cheer 5 on your fairy, full buffs all the time, and never make a mistake in pvp or you will get insta rekt.

ODB3698 and Diazine like this.
  11. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

I build full ap but i still get oneshot SurprisedPikatchu.jpg
    I mean what did you expect...you will suddenly become a god once you hit softcap? You will oneshot, but you will also get oneshot.
    If you want to be tanky, go build dp/evasion.

SyrioX, Nagasaki and Netreiam like this.
  12. Netreiam

People got spoiled off of renown I swear. Never before have I played an MMO where so many people building glass cannon also complain about being squishy.

And people wonder why gaming companies treat their costumers like they’re retarded.

Maginha, Karma555, peanut777 and 3 others like this.
  13. Ballzachhs

My main complaint is that this class was apparently made to be the opposite of Striker, low attack and high defense, then they take away all our SA and FG and now even next week, 2 more FGs and more evasion nerfs, but with the lowest comparable damage in bdo, besides dk(dead class) why are they taking this "tank class" and taking away all our defense but keeping our tank damage output. I understand that I am a complete AP build but if I want to do any damage at all I still need to be about 15 ap higher than I am now, thats why I have the build. If i went all dp or whatever everyone is suggesting, I would literally not even be able to fight a witch or other squishy class, it would be pointless to 1v1, and it would only be liable in large scale pvp for certain situations.

Blitzball likes this.
  14. Asterotis

Builds ap on a class created to be tanky

Tri Ogre

Complains about being 1 shotted

Okay kids, can you point out what OP's problem is here?

15. Maginha

Valks cryed (rightfully) so we got valks cries, now he wants mystake cries (not sure if this class has the "right" to cry...) implemented in the game obv

16. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

While mystic has for sure the lowest dmg per skill, she has the ability to cc lock people longer than any other class, making it easy for her to one combo classes, even with lower dmg, you simply need a longer combo.
    And get this "tank" idea out of your mind. This game never was designed to have a "tank" class, a "healer" class or "dd" class. Everyone is a dd, just in a different way and the class kit shows how you should be a dd.
    For example a Witch is the "slow but big dmg, big toe caster dd", ninja is the "super stealth and quick burst dd", maehwa is the "hit n run dd" and so is mystic the "cc until dead dd".
    Tank in bdo only means that you can take one, maybe two more skills than other classes and mystic can still do so, won't stop you from getting one comboed tho.
    So yeah, mystic is not a tank, she is what you'd consider usually as a "brawler", meaning: go in, fight and be a bit more tank but do a bit less dmg than other classes and mystic does this job perfectly fine.

17. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

i know! i know!

[​IMG]

18. Blitzball

I love this card :)

19. easay9

which is what is a joke this games balance doesnt exist its never been balanced wiz witch still needs less gear and can just faceroll large scale pvp is just a CC fest till you die or your just 1 shotted PEN is a joke system TET isnt much better

The game has now had 2 years to improve and its balance is still the worst in the genre flashy animations dont mean crap if nothing is balanced and DP does nothing to help you live

all passives on classes should be removed all AP brackets should be removed DP should be buffed raising TTK and makeing the game actually worth grinding up the gear

after quiting for a year and now returning

the games balance is still crap removing renown did hardly anything the gear gap is still huge and its not even gear if your not a meta class your obsolete in large scale.

Im also sick of the people saying wiz/witch is balanced when the class needs a damn exception on a guild recruitment add its like I picked the easiest class to play and I get a free duo ogre ring as a passive I get special treatment .....

Pearl Abyss has shown in the 2 years they have no idea how to balance anything whatsoever

I honestly want the Iframes back from the old days because it kept a skill gap there like back then the main classes that were simply busted were DK, Striker, Mystic, wiz/witch thats it nerfs to those classes and the game would've been in a good place but no lets make classes extremely vulnerable and make a AP bracket that increases your damage when no protection nerfs hit every class .......

so now we have the 1 shot meta is it enjoyable? not really

Like classes are not balanced for either large scale or 1v1 / small scale so your in the open world you see a mystic grinding or a striker ya you cant contest it because they probably have more gear then you oh and they are simply a easier to play class so.......

Game needs a ton of work I have major concerns for the new marketplace as it helps the current players but it screws any new players coming in the amount of pre orders on Bhegs for example could take months to even a year for someone to get and since boss gear is so essential the system screws newbies.

I had to vent this games been pissing me off Like I make a ton of gear progress but it feels pointless when you die so fast

Like I guarantee if there was another game people would leave this thing behind but sadly with how bad the MMO market has been there is no where to go.....

Pearl Abyss has had 2 years fix the damn game!

Fearless V likes this.
  20. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

That thread synthetizes whats wrong with bdo.

But i guess it wont change lol.

Fearless V likes this.