1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

open world pvp is annoying

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RadSly, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

Make half the servers PvE servers with no open world pvp. Make the other half the servers PvP servers with no karma penalty or jail system. Outside of such a trade off, I would be completely opposed to making a PvE server where you can avoid open world PvP.

Even with such a trade off I am not sure if I would want to ruin the game by removing open world PvP from servers.

Another option would be to separate PvP and PvE servers. If you ever elect to go to PvE servers, you can't come back to PvP servers other than by playing a new character from scratch (no cp, energy, knowledge, levels, gear, etc).

2. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

That's a bit extreme for the first part. I prefer penalties, for everyone. Risk vs reward type scenario was a great part of this game at launch.

I agree though they would have lock players to a type of server to play on to avoid it being unfair, but they've already shown they don't want separate servers when they merged all 3 into 1 previously. Which if you ask me was a huge mistake, because some servers favored PvP or PvE more than another giving everyone a more comfortable playing experience.

3. Tvvin

As someone who wants to be a mmo game developer in his spare time, I suggest

(Read all of this and don't get tilted please)

No PvE severes
    Add instances dungeons for all areas
    *You must farm dungeon material mats from a specific spot to enter a specific dungeon

Example: inorder to create a sulfer mine dugeon Crystal, you must have two materials

Essence of desert (drop rate equal to relic)
    Essence of sulfer mine (drop rate equal to relic)
    Desert essence being exclusive to all Valencia grind spots. Sulfer exclusive to sulfer.

Can be sold through market places

Add challenging instance pve bosses for every dungeon

Merge vindictus pve system to top off nice pve content

Open world will not stop and will be more profitable

All open world spots get buffed,pve players move to dugeons, open world players still play king of the hill

Qba likes this.
  4. Sevyrn

This is an open world pvp game. I don't go to Burger King and then complain because they sell burgers, so don't come play an open world pvp game and then cry about getting killed in open world pvp.

Qba and flukeSG2 like this.
  5. StrangerBRZ

PvE server = no available grind spots for most of the good grinding spots tho. If you want to grind fogans for example, 30 "pve" players will be there and good luck finding a good rotation. I know this is annoying, this coming from a player that used to play FFXIV regularly, but the way they set up BDO will not work in a PVE environment. They purposely made everything open world and compititive, so player will have to fight with each other. And thosr fights will push players into getting better gear thus more revenue for the company. So even I'm sorry you are annoyed but this will never change. If you truly hate been pked all the time, the only solution right now is to stay below lvl 50 or play another game.

flukeSG2 and Sevyrn like this.
  6. Angarato

7. xLightning

You dont knwo PA

Aikatears likes this.
  8. Qba

Qba

So true

9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

You have to understand that bdo does not work like your average mmo.
    It is a constant fight over limited ressources (grindspots, gathering spots and so on).
    Grouping punishes you (you get less xp and loot) and lowers your efficiency, which is the most important part of staying competitive.
    If you don’t want this constant fight over ressources, i‘m sorry to tell you that this game is nothing for you as it completly evolves around that system and changing it would mean to change the whole game completly. It would be easier to create BDO 2 than doing a rework of those core mechanics.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  10. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

People rarely kill someone without a reason.
    You were probably grinding someone this guy wanted to grind. PvP is the common used mechanic in this game to determine who can stay in a spot and grind there and who can’t.
    You have to understand that this game is a neverending race of efficiency and who can grind more money per hour.
    You probably saw that the best grindspot is X on the internet and so you went there thinking you can just do whatever you want with facing any consequences.

You being killed by another player (obviously way higher geared) means that you were probably at a spot where your gear is not good enough. I suggest going to a weaker spot where you can grind according to your gear.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

let me address a few of your points where you‘re wrong:
    no friendly target buffing: Wizard and Witch are the best buffers. They buff you to being near invincible for a short time, also buffing your dmg and atk spd. they can heal you as well.

no rewards to owpvp: your reward is keeping the spot and being able to keep grinding and keep getting money/xp while the other has to leave.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  12. NESTINAR

13. elephantgrey

I get flagged on all the time just riding about. This is while not going near grind spots/hidel/nodewar channels etc. (I actively avoid such places). It's ridiculous. I should be able to ride from one city to another without having to V and change channels (I don't like PvP, it's boring and keeps me away from lifeskilling). I don't have an offencive name or anything, the only reason I can think is having numbers above my head? But I can't turn them off.

Its got to the point where I am thinking about just using the transport to move about, and sit processing/cooking on an alt for an hour every time I need to go somewhere else. At least then I'm still lifeskilling.
    This is not fun. There needs to be a better solution than going afk for an hour every time you travel.

Krixil likes this.
  14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

don't auto ride

15. TheWildMogsy

I also agree it's annoying, I think there should be PvE servers and PvP servers, so that players can chose if they want to play on a server with open world PvP or not

Krixil likes this.
  16. Tvvin

Dugeons would solve the problem . It can be done without killing openworld

17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I call ******** on this. I auto path on my horse through Heidel all the time, I can even count on one hand how many times I was flagged on this month while on my horse. It's an extremely rare occurrence.

#157 flukeSG2, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  18. elephantgrey

I don't know why they flag on me then.
    I get flagged on pretty regularly. Maybe it's cause I have lifeskill numbers above my head, and wear professional lifeskill costumes that look like silver embroidered clothes, so they assume I don't have bossgear on underneath.

19. RP Tzuyu

wearing lifeskill clothes disable the option to get flagged.... and of course, wearing them also unequip all weapons, so u cant grind or flag other players....why??? because even with low dp from lifeskill clothes, ap from weapons and accessories are enough to 1shot people.... and lots of grindspot don’t require dp to grind effectively.... all u need is ap....

if they could just turn off pvp option, there wont be any karmabomb, but grief is perfect
    wear lifeskills clothes, do lifeskill stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.