1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimal class for punishing (guildless) karma bombers?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Rai Asura, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Columba

lol. I've been there. It's empty.

as for #2. it's your problem that you insist on grinding at the optimal spot, lol. life isn't fair and there's no reason you MUST have the perfect spot, lol. If you can't deal with one dude interrupting your grind you are terrible, lol. Learn to play.

There is no such thing as karmabombing. It's a fictitious construct fabricated by a few elitists to justify removal of all pk penalties. no one forces you to flag up, lol.

the gym is a laughable analogy. i've never had a problem using the equipment i need, any more than I have had in this game. learn some manners, grind more efficiently, go grind in the tough kid channel or deal with a little karma loss. lol

2. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

l find it quite funny that a guy that applauds people who intrude on rotations without a word and then keep on returning to the same spot after getting killed repeatedly is advising someone else to learn some manners.....Its even funnier cause like most of the times that has happened to me, there are rotations open 100 feet down the road which they dont even check out if they are empty. I just enjoy the moment they realize I dont give a crap about going negative and start spamming general chat about a red guy at nagas, fogans etc....like the whiny little twats they are...

Rai Asura likes this.
  3. Columba

Great. Congrats on living with negative karma. Btw, I never disrupt others' rotations. I mind my own business. I also never have a problem with someone so called karma bombing me. I don't applaud anyone intruding on rotations. Learn to read.

4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

What people don’t understand is, that this is a pvp game game, no matter how you turn it. the endgame is pure pvp with nodewars and sieges. it‘s a constant race of who get‘s the better gear and higher level first. as much as there is no need to flag up, there is not the slightest reason to share a limited amount of ressources (xp and money) in a game that is a constant race about exactly that and a constant play of who is stronger. this game is supposed to be survival of the fittest. the weak ones have to wait until the stronger ones finish feeding. that‘s how this game is built.
    alsp people saying that if karmabombing wasn’t there, people couldn’t catch up? totally wrong
    of course the beginning is not easy, but the stronger you get, exponentially harder it gets to become even stronger. eventually you‘ll hit softcap and the amount to get even 1-2ap more will be billions of money grinded and month played. i play the game since start but still have a guild member who started with steam lauch and has only a few less points of gearscore and same level. this is just a lame excuse from those who want everything getting shoved up their *** without going through all the troubles and hardships the older players went through. it‘s so much easier nowadays to get high gear and level and catch up, yet people still complain that they can’t win a pvp fight after 1 week playing against someone playing the game from the start. grow up and get your **** together and put the same effors into the game, those high geared players you despise so much did

Rai Asura likes this.
  5. Columba

Learn manners, and learn to share!

6. Khruk

I've only been playing about two weeks so far. Got this quest to go destroy some tents near the Sausan Garrison. I got killed a multitude of times while trying to complete this quest by other players. I was verbally harassed with tons of profanity by multiple, multiple players. There was a couple groups and they would each take turns killing me. I kept going back until I finished my quest though, they probably killed me 10+ times? I really don't remember. If I was a younger person, I would have probably just gave up and quit the game. As it is, I have a good pocket book and just rez on the spot and keep up with my quest.

I refuse to allow someone else to try to force me to quit this game. If they took 2 seconds to listen to me on why I was there, and let me finish a quest that would have probably taken 5 minutes I would have been gone.

cctb likes this.
  7. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Then why does PvE lifeskilling exist moron.
    Why does an MMORPG game like SWTOR and ESO have more pvp content to do than this trash pvp system.
    WoW is more a pvp game than BDO is at all. More battlegrounds, more modes, more fun.
    Why do we have endless mob grinding for a pvp game?
    Why do we have Savage Rift?

Yeah cause I talk to npcs for an amity game, that is totally pvp.
    Everything points towards pvp endgame? Says who? You can likeskill and not kill anybody in this game AT ALL.
    No matter how you turn it, this game is PvE with open world PvP = PvX. It's not a pvp game.
    A pvp game would make you fight others for EVERYTHING. Gear, money the lot.
    Jesus Christ man, even Runescape Wilderness is more PvP than THIS GAME.
    For Honor is a pvp game. Call of Duty is a PvP game.
    These eastern asian mmorpgs don't know how to make PvP to save the life of them.

Any pure Player vs Player would ONLY have Player vs Player.
    Explain why I'm killing 10 trillion fogans then in a PvP game.

cctb and Columba like this.
  8. Columba

Yep. Exactly this. If you bother to talk to people in game, you wouldn't have these problems. I NEVER HAVE PROBLEMS with players trying to kill steal me. Perhaps it's because I can use basic social skills when I need to and I don't act like some entitled kid who got unearned trophies all his life for getting out of bed in the morning. Lol

9. Arcaeus

Arcaeus Warrior EU

And this brings me to my old point. What if the player that is interrupting someones rotation refuses to communicate? You never responded to this. I intially gave up on actually getting an answer out of you, though. Just wanted to point out that not everyone actually wants to communicate, and those kind of people are the problem.

10. Columba

I did respond, several times. You have MANY OPTIONS, including but not limited to: 1) outgrinding him; 2) expanding your grind radius; 3) changing channels; 4) flagging up and living with the consequences; 5) declaring on his guild. Funny, I've had people come into the same area I am grinding and I never have these problems. lol

11. Khruk

From a new player perspective, the chat controls are different. They don't seem fluid. In other games, I can type in across multiple channels with ease. I had a guy yelling profanities at me in purple chat and I had no clue how to respond back. I couldn't figure out how to reply back in purple chat. Tried "r" for reply, didn't work. It took me the longest time to figure out how to chat in general. I was stuck in guild chat. And if someone is attacking you, taking the time to stop and type, well you just end up dying before you can get a sentence out.

Columba likes this.
  12. Arcaeus

Arcaeus Warrior EU

I type to people before I attack them. If they blatantly ignore me and continue to farm mobs, that's the issue I have. If you're standing still, at least I can tell that you're reading what I say.

And I do not give off profanity, I'm polite when I ask people to leave, hell, I'm even willing to help them find a rotation.

13. Phlacid

Phlacid ClD Kunoichi 62 NA

Ah, I see. You do not go to the gym and you do not grind enough. 90% of the machines in the gym, and grind spots in the game, are extremely useless and good for basically nothing. I see your point, though. Let me just go use this machine, even though it is not going to work out what I planned to work out that day. I wanted to squat today, but let me just do some curls since only the dumbbells are open. Makes perfect sense. Spouting things things might make you sound intelligent to some people, but you must use your brain when you talk to me. lol.

14. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

You need an optimal brain..... and less time in the game.
    What you ask is just so ridiculous..... I am amazed that some people even gave you serious replies....

You have too much free time bro.

don't take it badly, just my point of view.

15. Columba

Well it was your stupid analogy. Learn to share.

16. Khruk

I'm a realist, so I like to keep it real. In regards to BDO, if my quest giver (gym trainer) sent me to a specific group of machines and told me to use it, and if there was no one there I would use it. If you are running around the gym trying to use every machine and get back and I'm there, too bad. You weren't there when I got here. I am going to finish my quest.

cctb and Columba like this.
  17. Harpoon1972

In an open world MMO, organized and equalized events like duels and battlefields are petty side acitivties and have NOTHING to do with real PVP. Games like Black Desert actively support real conflict between players and guilds. And to be succesfull in those conflicts, you are meant to imply real world strategies (not tactics - google the differrence). Some of those strategies are:

1. Actively using tools like ruses, decoys and ambushes.

2. Trying to create deliberately unfair situations in your favor, for example attacking weaker enemies with stronger guild members

3. trying to get the numerical superiority as often as possible to make sure to win an engagement.

We are taking about long term goals and not sportslike activities.

18. Rai Asura

My free time is irrelevant to the question. I was looking for a class to punish persistent karma bombers without going negative and received the answer. Wizard has been decent for this as well utilizing freeze and slow. Zerker rules supreme though.

19. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

So..... you mean you will log out, go to X character. may be equip it. This charater will be somewhere on X place.
    You would move it from X to where you want. Just to try to kill someone using a monster.....

don't you see how it sounds.....:)

Sorry bro.... you have to much time.

May be you enjoy your game.... and ignore people.

20. Phlacid

Phlacid ClD Kunoichi 62 NA

Who says that I am going to different machines? I was at this machine the entire time, as were the people occupying all of the other machines like it. The machine is the rotation, not each individual pack of mobs in case that was unclear.

The analogy makes pretty good sense. Again, use your brain. What if I do not want to share? You automatically think it is my problem that I do not want to share. In reality, it is your problem that you want someone to share. If you don't like the way someone is dressed, it is not their problem. It is your problem. The world is not some magical place where everyone loves everyone else.

P.S. you talk about logic but you are unable to add anything to the conversation. Seems about right.

#80 Phlacid, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Rai Asura likes this.