1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OS System Requirement Update Announcement

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Jan 15, 2020.

1. UMR

UMR

I request owners of this game to start thinking about linux. If you would actualy did linux platform avaiable, there would be huuuge amount of new players plaing this gorgeous game, and many dissapointed and unhappy with Microshit would gladly go back to linux for instance ME!.
    Linux is powerful and efficient, you would find it extreamly easy to maintain, rather than on Microshit...
    MAKE LINUX AVAIABLE!!!!

Xenxix likes this.
  2. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

Not that I don't like linux but I would guess most people would rather switch to OSX than linux. Linux is still not end user compatible. Too many distributions that do things differently, basic stuff is often hidden behind walls of config files. You basically have to read documentations on the internet just to install a Nvidia driver. That is perfectly ok for people who enjoy tweaking an operating system or have an administrator somewhere. But most people simply want to do stuff the easy way. Windows and OSX are still way ahead in this regards which is why Linux is still pretty much irrelevant on Desktop PCs.
    So my bet is: if someone really does not like Windows he will switch to a Mac.
    In terms of easy to maintain....well, if there was just one distribution you would probably be right. But since there are tons of distributions it is always a struggle to make something that works on every distribution.

3. Blitzball

Does Kakao offer Win10 license ? :D

4. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Do you have a windows 7 or 8 license? If yes, you can make a free upgrade.

I Am Mother likes this.
  5. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

@CM Yukimura

For reference, are you able to elaborate on this further? I understand this is a pretty straight-forward statement but what exactly does this mean for Windows 7 users? If a game update breaks everything for Windows 7 users, will it just be too bad? I mean, that sounds crazy, but I'm not sure what "Support" means in this context. I've never had to get MMO related support that was tied to a specific operating system release.

I could certainly be wrong but I've had the impression that there are a lot of Windows 7 users still out there.

EDIT: Fixed @

#25 Danchou, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  6. Oakley

This is a normal statement probably made by a lot of software developers around this time. Microsoft as ended the support of Windows 7, meaning Microsoft will not roll out new updates for Windows 7. So Windows 7 is now "End of Life". If I'm not mistaken you can still freely update to Windows 10 if you still run Windows 7, I'd suggest you'd do so.

Will BDO work on Windows 7? Not sure but probably yes.