1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outfit compensation, when?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by oR-Bishop, Jan 10, 2018.

1. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

Today's patch drastically changed the bonuses we get for outfits. I know some people buy a whole wardrobe for the fashion appeal. Most of us, however, buy the specific pieces our budget can afford to give us the bonuses we need. Changing these buffs around will cost us money. Bait and switch. It's like you guys are politicians.

Previously, all you had to buy is an awakened weapon skin to get durability consumption. Now we have to buy 7 more pieces. Extortion of $40 to get what we already had.

The premium sets, outfit sets, and weapon & outfit sets in the pearl shop are still not up to date. If you
    click the individual pieces of some, you can get to the tooltips for the individual pieces and try to sort out this mess. That's not good enough. Make it clear what we're getting. Tooltips matter. If you misrepresent what we're buying, we have a right to our money back.

2018-01-10_22495904.JPG
    This tooltip wasn't updated. Does this mean I can go a 4-set and add this for durability consumption? I guess I will never know since you don't display durability on our buff bar, another hidden stat.

We have learned to accept a high amount of RNG in your game. Don't expect us to tolerate it with integrity. With all the backlash in other game over loot boxes and cash shops, I expected you guys to have more sense.

#1 oR-Bishop, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    SnakeAttack likes this.
  2. Shavere

The camouflage outfits work the same way they did before. Not affected by this change.

Hakazumi likes this.
  3. Hakazumi

Hakazumi Ranger 58 EU

Life skill costumes and camouflages don't count as normal costumes (except Canape).

4. Jagari

Jagari Rauk EU

Haha yeah. Good to post a picture from a set that's not even is included in this new set bonus thing. :D

5. Hakazumi

Hakazumi Ranger 58 EU

6. Gyoza

do i need to buy underwear to get the 8 piece bonus?

7. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Regular costumes are also broken ( some 2 and 3 pieces one) go outside city and you will see 10% xp bonus does not work ;(

8. Éternel

"Previously, all you had to buy is an awakened weapon skin to get durability consumption. Now we have to buy 7 more pieces."

What? 2018-01-10_11432823.jpg

Hakazumi likes this.
  9. Shavere

For the full bonus, yes, you need underwear.

10. Junyoung

Junyoung Hwall Ranger 61

You guys are confusing set effects with equip effects. Equip effects have not been altered, however, additional set effects have been added.
    Nothing has been removed. More effects have been added.

BlNKY, Hakazumi, Cruornex and 6 others like this.
  11. ElPsyKongroo

Please notice in your picture that it says
    "-Equip Effect
    Awakening Weapons Durability Consumption 10%"
    While the 8 part thing is just an additional equip effect effect for wearing 8 pieces.

Junyoung is entirely correct

Junyoung likes this.
  12. Spartakatz

OP can't even read properly but immediately post "compensation" thread.

Or do you seriously not understand what "equip effect" means, in contrast to "set effect" ?

TarkusBlack and Flood like this.
  13. oR-Bishop

Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike this new system. I think it costs more to get some things we need, but it does add value with the Skill XP. It is more uniform that the previous system. Personally, I have 1700 skill points. I don't need that buff. Others might.

Death Penalty -10% came with the basic outfits. Now it's buried in the premium one + underwear. If you don't think that's an important bonus, try dying at level 61.

My issue is that we bought one thing and they changed it. These items look the same but are unique and different from the ones we bought. I see PA having a couple of choices:

1. Remove all of the obsolete costume and refund the non-sale pearl value for every outfit on our accounts, whether we got it from the MP or pearl store. Let us repurchase the pieces that work for us

OR

2A. Give 700 pearls for underwear for each single awakened skin or premium outfit that players purchased to compensate for the lost durability bonus
    2B. Give 1600 pearls (900 pearls for awakened skin and 700 pearls for underwear) for each basic combat outfit purchased to compensate for the lost death penalty.

OR

3. Add the old items back in the game with their original bonuses and add these new ones as unique items that have to be purchased new.

#13 oR-Bishop, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  14. Éternel

I know, that is why I linked the picture....

15. Azalel

Do you have trouble reading before posting? They didn't take anything, old bonuses are still in costume pieces, you still have -10% death penalty in your armor, - dura consumption in weapons, they just added additional -10% when you have 8 pieces so you can have -20%

TarkusBlack likes this.
  16. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

No. You still get the Death Penalty -10% from your armor. You now get an additional -10% from the set bonus.

17. Cyber_Day

1700 isnt enough post JIN skills. And they can just literally give you nothing. As its been said before, all pieces have the exact same base bonuses, the only set effect we had before was 10% xp bonus. They have almost doubled all bonuses...

18. Xeniph

This change actually adds more value to the money you spend/spent. The only changes are they ADDED more bonuses. Every piece still has it's individual equip bonus ( The same as before) But now we get 10% skill exp at 6 pieces and we get double the Durability and Death bonuses if we equip 8.

Nothing was lost or changed, we only gain here.

19. oR-Bishop

Alright, I stand corrected. If these buffs apply correctly, they are fine.

Thanks for taking the time to respond guys.
    PA, my apologies

Note to self: No more rants until my second cup of coffee

20. ElPsyKongroo

oh lol, sorry, I must've overlooked something, xD

Éternel likes this.