1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over a Billion in revenue, but can't be bothered to fix the damn Journal?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pavo, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Pavo

You keep messing with the UI, instead of making it fully customization/ modifiable, yet you CANNOT even make a working journal without us fiddling with our computer clocks.

THE **** IS WRONG WITH THE DEVELOPERS?

Is is just a lack of pride? Is it a lack of Talent? Is it contempt for their customers/ players?

Are the Developers unaware of how much of the world uses DST? They just don't give a ****?

How many times have the developers fiddled with the Text of the game. After hundreds of changes to text you still have UI where text is unreadable because it goes off the screen/ UI where it's supposed to be. How much text is still out of scale?

This is becoming sad at this point.

/ rant

Attached Files:

2. Star of Stardusted

It's only about 70% of the world - Just in case they do not realise that the question is rhetorical!!!!

Phoenixxx75 and Pavo like this.
  3. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

It's called incompetence/gross mismanagement.

Aurek, Rionat, Life2v and 2 others like this.
  4. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Be sure to buy extra pearls this month to show your support!

WinterMilla, DC55 and VasilisD like this.
  5. Biinge

what is the journal supposed to do btw? like can you type inside it and leave notes? or does it auto-update what you do?

Roechacca likes this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i agree. this fix shoulda been done ages ago.

Aurek and Veight like this.
  7. Roechacca

This is a Pavo thread and any rational question will quickly deteriorate into ranting. However you are correct and an explanation into what exactly the player wants the journal to do would help them. Now there should be some snide follow up about how dumb the devs are and no explanation can help them but I'm full in at this point. Happy holidays!

8. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

They don't have daylight savings in korea and don't know about the issue. It's like telling colorblind person diffrence between yellow and red.

EnGenX and Lord_Xenon like this.
  9. Korvgubben

They fixed the scrembled order of the fishing titles in todays patch though. I reported that bug on may 19th 2018. It got fixed on june 13th 2018 but then unfixed again on june 20th 2018 but NOW in late 2019 they seem to have gotten it solved finally.

Lets see if it last longer than 1 week this time.

10. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

It's not fixed because it's most likely marked as low priority or dnf in their bug list.

11. Lord_Xenon

This. So why fixing something because of a retarded system introduced for nothing?

12. Pavo

So I use it to keep tack of my titles procing. I'm at 1084 titles and it's hard to keep track of what popped and what didn't. Especially titles that pop while you are afk fishing.

The other use is to keep track of fail enhancements to keep track of what it cost you without having to resort to Spread Sheets.

Other than that, the developers found it useful enough to actually design and implement it and I use it.

Wow not only triggered, but than bashing me because of holding grudges! LOL

BTW, in America Gas is only 10% ethanol and E85 is 15% but you are screwing up your engine if it's not meant to use E85, why it's not sold everywhere. Also your gas mileage will suffer a lot by using E85 thus mitigating the savings per gallon.

This is in regards of you spreading the lie that all gasoline in America is 20% ethanol.

But ya, I'm the one spreading misinformation or not backing up my claims!

13. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Fix journal!!! Mine is always empty....

EnGenX and Tokigare like this.
  14. Terror

Fix journal!!! Mine is always empty!

Oh wait. I stopped playing, maybe that explains why.

CrazyFox likes this.
  15. Pavo

If you are serious. you have to adjust your PC clock manually for DST and it will show up. Sadly it's been like this since release.

16. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I don't want to adjust my clock manually, I want it to use NTP like any normal PC...

Reyer and Pavo like this.
  17. AlnilamE

The journal keeps track of what your characters do in game. If it were working properly, you would see a list of Titles you got, enhancement success/fails, who killed you or who you killed, etc.

The problem is that our computers adjust for daylight saving time and that setting messes with the journal and makes everything disappear.

So as Pavo pointed out, it makes it pretty tricky to keep track of things like fishing titles you are trying to get, since the number of fish required for a title is not exact, so you can't just depend on the fish guide for it.

Solitaire likes this.
  18. Pavo

Ya I agree and it's annoying as hell.

It's an extremely simple fix a self taught coder can accomplish.

Aurek and Dryed like this.
  19. Pavo

My other gripe is that, if you stay logged in without switching characters or restarting the client, the journal starts to duplicate, triplicate, etc...

I have some days of my journal fulled with one title repeating like 30 times.

This creates other issues in the game too.

Ever notice that if you don't restart your client, your Black Spirit Daily quest will appear again. You get the message " This Quest has Already Been Accepted for Today."

I had a ticket with them pretending to not be aware of this and saying they will show it to their Tech Team to get it fixed.

This was over 2 years ago

LOL

20. Parthin

Not on DST now, so what do I do?