1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over a Billion in revenue, but can't be bothered to fix the damn Journal?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pavo, Nov 27, 2019.

1. AlnilamE

It doesn't matter if you are on DST or not, but if your computer clock has the "automatically adjust for DST" box checked, that's when you have this problem.

2. MADE

this.

They are a small, poor, indie company. They can't afford competent devs, so they pick from the bottom of the pool, and that's the quality they can offer.

3. Korvgubben

This bug with the black spirit quests only happens between 00:00 and 01:00 for me. The quests shouldnt come back untill 01:00 (at least I assume that as im on GMT+1) but for some reason they pop-up 1h to early as if their reset is partly linked to your compter clock rather than server time.

Not to mention all the NPCs and furniture that starts flying after 2-3 days of client runtime...

Absolute clown-fiesta over at PA's HQ.

Veight likes this.
  4. Pavo

I never knew S. Koreans had such a lack of pride in their work. I thought the stereotype was that honor and pride were pretty big in their culture, but I guess not for the Pearl Abyss team/ employees.

If not for the overall lack of pride in the industry this would stick out more. To me, it says a lot that you can rake in over a Billion in revenue and grow tremendously, to the point you go public and get listed on your countries main exchange, but yet not one person can be bothered to fix such a simple and amazingly easy thing in your game.

Not even an answer from the shitty reps regarding this.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm as they are not a poor indie company in any sense of the word. They have raked in over a Billion in revenue in under what 3-4 years after launch in S. Korea. So that's not even a fair time scale with how much they grew after releasing in EU/ NA. They are still growing... their revenue has NOT hit a ceiling.. YET.

So this makes it even worse as they can get a dev from CCCP to come in and fix this ****, IF THEY CARED ENOUGH TO. I do agree with your sentiment as it's worse because they not only have the talent honestly, via CCCP if no one else, nor do they care enough to actually do anything about.

This is what happens when you hate and have contempt for your product and customers.

Attached Files:

5. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

Idk Ihat you talk about, mine works fine.

6. Pavo

What do you want me to do if you don't understand what others are clearly understanding.

I also provided a screenshot, but again you want to .... what?

What can you possibly not understand about my post? Please provide a screen shot of the fishing mini game that shows how the Buttons are placed in their respective squares.

If you don't active fish and can't be bothered to read a post, why quote me? Are you trying to troll and start an argument or can't be bothered to understand what is being talked about?

Life2v likes this.
  7. Korvgubben

The "Up, Down, Left, Right" text has always overlapped for me but the arrows kept inside their respective boxes prior to this update at least.

Just another case on the huge pile of making-a-change-just-for-the-sake-of-making-a-change-and-breaking-something-in-the-progress-causing-more-work-on-their-part.

Life2v, Pavo, MADE and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

instead of making some useless dustbin topics like this.
    Why don't you report it, in a proper manner.
    what you are doing here is useless. This whole Topic is for the waste container.
    When GM,CM, or whatever read your topic. What do you expect them to take from your post?

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61

Its been reported,, they keep putting it on the back burner. It doesn't get enough attention, cause not enough people report AND go to the forums...So here we are now.

10. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

i really think this is low priority fix/update, we really need much more UI reworks and cash shop updates more than ever... otherwise this game is doomed

WinterMilla likes this.
  11. Ateena

They will fix this when figure out a way to monetize it.
    Perhaps "Extended Journal" pearl store item whichs allows you to look through the entire timeline, while without it you can view only past 2 months.
    Sounds exactly like something PA would do.

12. MagicalTabletopGirls

Even the NPC's don't understand where all their money and time goes... I told her it was because we need two brand new UI's with the most recent one being completely broken for PC. She sighed and said, Port Ratt is never getting finished give up hope now.

BDO fog.jpg

WinterMilla and MADE like this.
  13. Lord_Xenon

Why should they dedicate resources for a self-made problem? That's nonsense.

14. Loli lover

The game is a cash grab they make a **** ton of money but do so little to this game

MADE likes this.
  15. Lord_Xenon

That's why 10+ bugfixes happen EVERY WEEK. Because they don't care. Honestly why should I care for a self-made problem? Do you go to your carseller and say the car is to little for you big guy? Then WANTING that they fix the size of the car to fit YOU. For no money of course?

16. Loli lover

I don't know how to really reply to this besides saying 50-50?

17. Catastigma

We have been living without the journal for over 4 years now.

Why fix it ? Just delete this tab ..

MADE likes this.
  18. MADE

woha, what a amazing care... I alone fixed more than 10 bugs on average in a week when I was still worked as a gamedev, so surely, their company result of 10bug/week seems like a great result :D

19. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Fix journal when?

20. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

but but they are struggling to keep servers running, upkeeping them is expensive you guys need to buy more pearls

WinterMilla and MADE like this.