1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over a Billion in revenue, but can't be bothered to fix the damn Journal?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pavo, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Vanadiel

Guys, I tried over the past +2 years to get this resolved.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/journal-not-updating-bug.61664/

I made 2 tickets, I even offered to fly down to Korea on my own dime if they could arrange a meeting with the CEO of PA to discuss this bug.
    I tried everything I can think off.
    In the mean time they keep bringing out new things, new games, new UI's, you name it.
    But they cannot be bothered to even put a timeline on a possible fix for this bug.

This should tell you all you need to know next time you run to that cash shop to swipe your credit card.

MADE, Kynreaa and Korvgubben like this.
  2. Factorial

Well the thing is that you can never underestimate the incompetence of pearl abyss. It's like infinite.

MADE likes this.
  3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

If your teenager level of conspiracy narrative was any true, BDO wouldn't get any patch or bugfix. But conveniently ignoring the reality sounds exactly like something people your kind do on a daily basis.

4. LightningFFXIII-4

What about when you first login to the game and the chat is not working till you swap to a different channel or character lol. That's been going on for months but i guess everyone is so used to it by now.

If they can't even fix the simple things how can you expect them to ban the constant RMT spam on server chats.

FFXIV permanently bans thousands of accounts every 2 weeks. Meanwhile BDO bans 4 accounts every few months lol.

MADE likes this.
  5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Implying BDO has the same playerbase size than the game you promote so hard yet quit a month after each xpack, "lol".

6. Ateena

It's called exaggeration, get educated :)
    Yes, BDO gets bugfixes...now and then. But so few after 4 years. The only thing they are quick to bugfix is when it affects their wallets.
    Updates? Yes, only to introduce new pearl shop items. => Sea update, life skill update, etc.
    But pretty cute how you try so hard.

Life2v and MADE like this.
  7. DC55

LOL I stopped buying pearl as soon as I learn all I needed to know about the Ocean expansion :)

8. Lord_Xenon

So you compare a hackerheaven FFXIV with BDO in quality? Must really suck to play FFXIV.

9. Vanadiel

And the reality is this specific bug has been around for over +2 years with no timeline on a resolution.
    That does not speak well for how the company manages bugs.
    There's no real excuse to justify the existence of this bug, 2 years later and counting.

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

You must be new to the software scene: Microsoft earn billions, has decades of programming experience and still can't get memory managment working right on their operating systems.

Besides, you claim no excuses while the only reasonable stance would be "we have no actual insight of the situation at Pearl Abyss therefore no judgement can be made about why this bug hasn't been fixed yet".

#50 Smileybones, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:14 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2019 at 11:32 PM
  11. WinterMilla

I mean we can judge it without knowing all the details, we do it all the time. On the same coin we can judge the judgement, like you have done yourself. I can see why its unreasonable for them to explain why its not fixed, had it been a bug that's only been out for a few months. Feedback is important.

12. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Which is just plain wrong and embarassing, but most people on these forums have no shame so it's ok.

Stating that the fact that the bug isn't fixed yet is unfortunate is reasonable and is actual feedback.

Stating that Pearl Abyss has no excuse is just ignorant and arrogant at best and shows lack of basic education, on top of not even remotely qualifying for being feedback.

Questionning the judgement instead of being a sheep requires an extra bit of thinking, which is notoriously beyond your grasp.

13. WinterMilla

hmm...

fair

Well if there is no feedback from them then it can be said there is no excuse. I mean the lack of can be use as proof of.

14. Vanadiel

Listen, there's bug trackers with priorities for a reason.
    There's absolutely no excuse why this bug could not have been fixed by now, except that they do not care at all about this bug.

This bug should be on the wall of shame somewhere.

15. Lord_Xenon

What feedback?

'Thank you for the report! Our internal test show that the journal is 100% working. If you use software/programs/options that change the game please deinstall/disable them. There is no need to change a working system for a non-issue. Thank you for contacting the support.'

That is what you would get when you mail them your self-made problem for something they don't encounter. They simply can't reproduce it.
    When you play with faulty/unsported programs/software/settings, then it's your own fault and not from the game.

16. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

maybe with this new lootbox they gain enough profit to fix journal

WinterMilla likes this.
  17. Parthin

Microsoft Excel has bugs and a broken feature, and it's been around for decades. I got my journal back by switching off the DST adjustment flag on my computer, thanks to this thread.

18. WinterMilla

Self made problem? I have read a number of your replies and figured you were trolling, but to quote me on one I had never seen this comming. Nevertheless how did I make this a problem? To be frank if the journals get fixed or not means little to me. This 'bug' has been in the game for a while on this feature that many have brought up time and time again. Had it been a lesser know bug or even a newer one then it would be understandable if there is little to no feedback from staff.

Also you are trying to make it seem as if its the users who are breaking the programming, which is not the case. There is no third party program doing this to the feature and its not a settings within the game, but one that has been around since the 1784. If you are telling me they can't code around that you are full of it. Its small yes, but so are some of the other bugs they managed fix in the patch notes that you like to bring up from time to time.

Solitaire and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Lord_Xenon

You use software/programs/settings whatever that cause this. Now guess what? I don't have this problem. So now tell me how can this be with 2 identical clients? Right: Self-made problem. You can easily fix this on your own. If you are intelligent enough for that is another topic but don't belong here.

20. Vanadiel

What are you talking about? Read the thread: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/journal-not-updating-bug.61664/

It has been acknowledged as an issue by 2 different GM's in that thread, and I have 2 responses to 2 tickets that confirm this is a known issue, with no timeline for a fix.

You don't even understand the problem, nor do you understand turning of DST in your windows time settings "fixes" this issue.

Next time read up on a topic before you make uneducated comments that serve no purpose besides trying to appear as a white knight.

Korvgubben, Phoenixxx75 and Kynreaa like this.